tito ortiz joins tna wrestling.....

Since Viacom owns Bellator Fighting Championship as well as Spike TV, Viacom is using Tito, King Mo, and Rampage to promote the Bellator brand by making them appear on TNA as well. They wanna compete with the UFC by signing past their prime fighters (horrible strategy) and is using TNA to build hype for Bellator's first ever PPV where Rampage is fighting Tito.

Being a huge MMA fan, I can see why Viacom would use this to build their brand, cross promotion makes sense, but it's hard for me to see real fighters crossing over to staged pro wrestling. Obviously wrestling is not meant to be taken seriously, but to have a grasp on real fighters doing this is a hard concept, and desperate in my opinion by Viacom, especially using fighters whose time has long since passed.

That and no offence to the wrestling fans here as I am a casual one, I think it harms the greatest sport in the world (MMA) to associate the two so closely like that considering MMA is still a young sport in the mainstream aspect, and comparing it to a staged event like wrestling will not bring actual sports fans to it, it'll bring people who would watch Lesnar in a UFC Octagon and scream "F-5 his ass!" or "get out of the ring and bring a chair to the fight!". That definitely helps a growing sport establish it's legitimacy right there.

That and no offence to the wrestling fans here as I am a casual one, I think it harms the greatest sport in the world (MMA) to associate the two so closely like that considering MMA is still a young sport in the mainstream aspect, and comparing it to a staged event like wrestling will not bring actual sports fans to it, it'll bring people who would watch Lesnar in a UFC Octagon and scream "F-5 his ass!" or "get out of the ring and bring a chair to the fight!". That definitely helps a growing sport establish it's legitimacy right there.

oh i agree. i love both pro wrestling and mma but if there going to get a big name dont go with tito the man is washed up

Tito Ortiz must really be hurting from Jenna sucking his bank account dry. He should have been well aware of Jenna's oral skills.

Rampage and King Mo are retards. No one wants to see their annoying act, which solely consists of saying "y'know what I'm sayin'" every five seconds and old, tired "yo breath stank" quips.