Vampires Graves Discovered In Poland

TAZZMISSION

BANALITY
woa crazy stuff

A group of construction workers in Gliwice, Poland recently uncovered the graves of 17 decapitated skeletons, which some now believe were vampires.

The spot where the crew was digging had once been a gallows, so the discovery of dead bodies was unsurprising. However, what led archaeologists to cry “vampire” was the way in which the headless corpses were buried.

In all 17 instances, the skull was placed between the skeleton’s knees and a stone was placed on top of the skull, a method Europeans once used to guarantee that the vampire couldn’t rise from his grave.

Whether sparkly or sexy, vampires have captured the imagination of 21st century Americans. But ours isn’t the first generation of humans to be captivated by thoughts of the undead. Back in the Middle Ages, most of Eastern Europe not only believed in the existence of vampires but lived in mortal fear of their bite…

The 15th and 16th centuries weren’t a great time for most Eastern Europeans. Serfdom was on the rise, meaning the rich got richer and the poor became agricultural slaves. The bubonic plague swept through the countryside about once a generation. And to top it off, the Ottoman Turks kept trying to expand their empire westward by besieging towns and torching villages. Understandably, most people were illiterate peasants and superstition guided the decision-making process.

Mixed into this general atmosphere of fear and death were two historical figures whose bloody exploits seem vampirical even today: Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia and Countess Elizabeth Báthory de Ecsed. Vlad the Impaler, or Vlad Dracula, killed tens of thousands of Ottoman soldiers, often with excessive cruelty. Ghoulish woodcuts show him impaling his victims on sticks and then feasting amidst their bloody corpses. Countess Elizabeth, also known as the Blood Countess, purportedly tortured and killed over 650 girls, after which she bathed in their blood to keep her youth and beauty.

In this environment, vampires seemed a very real thing. A group of peasants in southern Poland were so confident that their town was being attacked by vampires that archaeologists believe that they executed at least 17 suspected vampires.

But at this point, all archaeologists really know is that the skeletons date from the 15th and 16th centuries and that their internment is consistent with contemporary anti-vampire texts. Some of the skeletons have been removed from the burial ground for further testing to discover their exact age and whether or not they were beheaded before or after death.

As it is unknown whether or not vampire skeletons differ from human skeletons, we may never know whether those medieval Polish peasants were noble heroes who stopped the spread of vampirism before the entire human race succumbed to the scourge or whether they were a bunch of fear-crazed, axe-wielding hooligans who killed their neighbors because of rank superstition.

All that we do know is that there are 17 corpses in Poland that did not rise from the dead.

http://blog.trutv.com/conspiracy/2013/07/22/vampires-graves-discovered-in-poland/index.html

Wouldn't their dead corpses perish in the sunlight? BTW whoever killed 17 vampires should've been Poland's hero and at least gotten a book or urban legend thing going on. "Hanz the Real Life Blade and hero of Poland"

Last edited:
No concrete evidence to show that these people were actually vampires. I get the impression it's just hysteria along the lines of the Salem witch trials.

almost like how back in medevil days they burn women who they thought were witches

Yup. Just like that.

"This f***er looks sad and depressed and always wears black / dark colored clothes."
"They must be a witch / warlock (even though we don't have any physical evidence to back up that claim)."
"Gather up the firewood."

Yup. Just like that.

"This f***er looks sad and depressed and always wears black / dark colored clothes."
"They must be a witch / warlock (even though we don't have any physical evidence to back up that claim)."
"Gather up the firewood."

amazing thing about myths though is in order to be a myth there has to be some form of evidence of the thing

im not saying omg vampires and werewolves are 100% real but it is interesting to think about

Not really.
Myths can be born out of legendary or exaggerated stories too.

Lots of people have claimed to have seen a sasquatch (Big Foot), the Lochness Monster and Giant Squids the size of pirate ships, but there's no concrete proof that any of those exist, aside from people who say that they saw something that resembled it.

Not really.
Myths can be born out of legendary or exaggerated stories too.

Lots of people have claimed to have seen a sasquatch (Big Foot), the Lochness Monster and Giant Squids the size of pirate ships, but there's no concrete proof that any of those exist, aside from people who say that they saw something that resembled it.

this kind of reminds me about the whole alien ufo debate. i have personally seen 4 ufos. now have i seen a alien? no but i wish i did and i really do believe in my heart we are not alone.

you also have to remember science fiction cant exist without some form of scientific fact

If anyone at work read about this, they'd be asking how they found my ancestors, lol.

IF I was evil as Vlad and Elizabeth, I'd kill my enemies in twisted ways.

Method of killing men.
- Vertical impalement with any sharp object from the rectum to the shoulder, mouth, or sternum plus decapitation, castration, disembowelment, and/or incineration.
- I would vertically split guys in half with a chainsaw.
- I'd rape them violently by myself or with my gay and female minions.
- I'd shove a hose full of water, air, or any liquid in their rectum until their guts explode.
- I'd shove any bomb in their ass and make them explode.
- Giving excessive laxatives to make them shit to death.

Method of killing women.
- I would do anything that would ruin their faces such as pouring boiling water or acid on their faces.
- Gauging their eyes out.
- Skin their faces.
- Stab them at the left breast or both breasts and rip their hearts out.
- I'd have my male (and lesbian) minions rape them violently.

Killing both sexes.
- I'd incinerate them with a flamethrower.
- I'd cremate them alive.
- I'd put them in a room that will totally freeze them and then smash their frozen bodies into pieces.
- Shooting them with any firearm.
- Stabbing them with anything.
- Decapitation.
- Cutting all limbs.
- Giving excessive potassium via intravenously.

Method of how to immobilize them to make my finishing move.
- I'd shoot them at the legs.
- I'd also tie them up depending on what I'm doing.
- I'd taze them.

Yeah... good thing I'm not evil. Lol ;)

Last edited:
IF I was evil as Vlad and Elizabeth, I'd kill my enemies in twisted ways.

Method of killing men.
- Vertical impalement with any sharp object from the rectum to the shoulder, mouth, or sternum plus decapitation, castration, disembowelment, and/or incineration.
- I would vertically split guys in half with a chainsaw.
- I'd rape them violently by myself or with my gay and female minions.
- I'd shove a hose full of water, air, or any liquid in their rectum until their guts explode.
- I'd shove any bomb in their ass and make them explode.
- Giving excessive laxatives to make them shit to death.

Method of killing women.
- I would do anything that would ruin their faces such as pouring boiling water or acid on their faces.
- Gauging their eyes out.
- Skin their faces.
- Stab them at the left breast or both breasts and rip their hearts out.
- I'd have my male (and lesbian) minions rape them violently.

Killing both sexes.
- I'd incinerate them with a flamethrower.
- I'd cremate them alive.
- I'd put them in a room that will totally freeze them and then smash their frozen bodies into pieces.
- Shooting them with any firearm.
- Stabbing them with anything.
- Decapitation.
- Cutting all limbs.
- Giving excessive potassium via intravenously.

Method of how to immobilize them to make my finishing move.
- I'd shoot them at the legs.
- I'd also tie them up depending on what I'm doing.
- I'd taze them.

Yeah... good thing I'm not evil. Lol ;)

What about tying them down making an incision so you can eat their insides while they bleed out pleading for the sweet embrace of death?

Nah.

this kind of reminds me about the whole alien ufo debate. i have personally seen 4 ufos. now have i seen a alien? no but i wish i did and i really do believe in my heart we are not alone.

you also have to remember science fiction cant exist without some form of scientific fact

You saw a ufo, but lots of other people haven't, so it's basically hear-say or one person's point of view.
I haven't seen a ufo, nor an alien, so (IMO) they don't exist and I don't believe in them.

Scientific fact is different than someone saying "Ooh, I saw a really big hairy beast walking on 2 legs, in the forest (bears can also stand on 2 legs)," or "I saw a serpent looking thing in the water, so it must be the Loch Ness Monster."
That's just someone's opinion or perception and it isn't, by any means, proof of anything.

In order for it to be a science fact, it has to be proven, scientifically.
Otherwise, it has the same credibility as a bedtime fairy-tale.