Mortal Fantasy Football Kombat 2013

I'm going to see what I can do to bring more people in. I've got a lot of maybes.

In the meantime... now that we're a bit closer to draft time, are you guys still ok with the draft time? Is there a better time for you next weekend?

I personally prefer to do drafts around 9pm, just because I know if I am doing anything during the day, I will be home by then, but, I don't mind the time if I have to do it, I will have no issues being online then if I am still in town this weekend.

I'm cool with the draft time. But like I said earlier, I do have dibs on Leon Sandcastle, the most interesting rookie in the National Football League. If someone drafts Neon Leon before I do, I'm gonna summon an angry Finnish Lake Troll!

Since LC bugged me on the book of face about it, can I still sign up for the league?

Sure you can. But expect a lot of trash talk, both on here and on NFL.com, especially if you end up with the coveted "Hunger Foul" trophy for leaving the most points on the bench among that week's losing teams.

EDIT: Well, something just came up on my end that may jeopardize my ability to show up for the fantasy draft at the presently-designated time. I think Jade has a point here that a late afternoon/early evening draft time may be more practical.

Last edited:
Ready to "Hold Down the Forte"! :)

But looking at the draft date, I am totally screwed for it, since I'll be out at University of Iowa tailgating for the Northern Illinois-Iowa game. :(

What about, say, Monday night at 9pm eastern? I mean, I could even go tomorrow at 9pm (just throwing out a time I think is good), but, might be too soon for people if they have stuff to do, plus, you would have to track them down within 24 hours to let them know the time is changed lol. I dunno, I just had a draft today at 9pm and it was perfect, everyone was able to make it, and the draft ended after an hour. I think evening times are great because people get home and can just sit and eat dinner/watch TV/etc. while drafting. Weekends are tough because it's summer, people go out and do stuff, and, 230pm is the middle of the day, when most people are out and about. My plans are certainly to be around at that time, I wont be going away as planned this weekend, but, still, a weeknight might be better for people.

You guys full yet?
I think I want to participate :)

What about, say, Monday night at 9pm eastern? I mean, I could even go tomorrow at 9pm (just throwing out a time I think is good), but, might be too soon for people if they have stuff to do, plus, you would have to track them down within 24 hours to let them know the time is changed lol. I dunno, I just had a draft today at 9pm and it was perfect, everyone was able to make it, and the draft ended after an hour. I think evening times are great because people get home and can just sit and eat dinner/watch TV/etc. while drafting. Weekends are tough because it's summer, people go out and do stuff, and, 230pm is the middle of the day, when most people are out and about. My plans are certainly to be around at that time, I wont be going away as planned this weekend, but, still, a weeknight might be better for people.

Wait, Monday night?! I thought you were a Rasslin' fan! Wouldn't Monday night be a little too much out of your way because of that?!

Although last year, I was having dinner while doing our Fantasy draft. Imagine typing "JADE, YOU STOLE MY PICK!" in between bites of a T-bone steak...yeah, that was me last year!

I think tomorrow is too early, though. I'd rather wait until after the final roster cuts...plus, we need 4 more spots...3 more if Yung joins up.

This Saturday is prob the best for me, since I work late this Saturday. Weekdays won't be great for me since I'm in classes till 10 at night Eastern time, unless the draft time is mad late haha.

Supreme Busboys :cool:

GEE!
Wonder that is?! :rolleyes:

Hint; there's 2 Cowboys fans (at least to my knowledge) presently in our fantasy league. One of those two ironically carries additional loyalties to the Bills and Eagles, while the other was once brainwashed by a family member into being an Oilers fan.

Oh.
Nah it's Jade for sure.

Right.

Right?

Well, as I already made clear to you last year in the NFL thread when I was trashing on your Eagles, I am a Cowboys fan. But seeing as how my username is Aggressive Perfectors...I think that narrows it down a little.