Dishonored: All Things Dishonored related

I didn't know people would dislike the new voice act for the Outsider. I didn't even know it was a different voice actor into I saw this Polygon article. Personally, I thought the Outsider in the trailer sounded the way he did because of possible anger towards the main villain of Dishonored 2 and the Brigmore Witches DLC. Also, he sounds a bit more alive, whereas the original outsider sounded like he was whispering in my ear (which was a strain at times when trying to listen to him).

Agreed.

My opinions on the new Outsider voice (Robin Lord Taylor - Penguin from Gotham) are as follows:

1) Canonically it was confirmed that the Outsider was merged with the void when he was a teenager.
I believe it was confirmed in the Dunwall City Archives (a physical book that came out), as well as Harvey Smith confirming it.
Therefore, I'm perfectly fine with him sounding "younger," or even having that teenage angst toward Delilah and the Duke (as you pointed out).
I also agree with you on him also sounding more alive in this one.

2) I would have LOVED for it to have been Billy Lush for the sequel again, for whatever reason Arkane chose to go with Robin Lord Taylor instead.
That said, much like with how it took me a little bit to get used to the Outsider's voice in the first Dishonored with Billy Lush, I'm pretty sure that by the 2nd or 3rd playthrough of Dishonored 2 I'll be used to the new Outsider voice.
It's just the same way that I got used to the voice announcer in the newer MK9 and MKX games (Jamieson Price), instead of having Steve Ritchie.
It's not that big of a deal for me, regarding Dishonored 2.

I'm SO hyped for this to be out in 3 days. :-D
There's no other game from now until next year that I look forward to more than Dishonored 2.

Welp, I'll be off of social media (in general) and the Dishonored TRMK forum until Monday.
I almost had some inconsiderate fvcktard who got an early copy spoil Dishonored 2 for me on Facebook.
I noticed that it was a video and didn't click on it, but I'm not taking any chances.
For whoever is getting the game this week, I hope that you enjoy the game and have as much fun with it as I will.
Later, folks. :stormtrooper: 8) :marchmellow:

That reveal towards the end of the game and that Easter egg, tho............

Spoiler:
Meagan Foster is Billie Lurk, just as I predicted, and there's a nice Daud Easter egg before you go on the last mission.
Meagan / Billie may also be searching for Daud again after the events of Dishonored 2.

So, [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION] ... Is the game everything you wanted it to be? ^^
I haven't gotten it yet. I've just recently moved to another place and haven't been able to afford any new games, but Dishonored 2 is definitely on my list of games to get. It looks good, but haven't spoiled myself alot.

So I'm interested to hear about your review of the game, since I know you've been so excited for it! I hope it hasn't been a disappointment.

So, [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION] ... Is the game everything you wanted it to be? ^^
I haven't gotten it yet. I've just recently moved to another place and haven't been able to afford any new games, but Dishonored 2 is definitely on my list of games to get. It looks good, but haven't spoiled myself alot.

So I'm interested to hear about your review of the game, since I know you've been so excited for it! I hope it hasn't been a disappointment.

For me it is, yes.
I'm playing on PS4, so my point-of-view is based on that.
The game itself is beautiful.

Story-wise, I'd recommend playing The Knife Of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches, as a refresher before playing Dishonored 2.
Dishonored 2 does a great job of recapping some of what happened in the first Dishonored (but not the DLC), for those that didn't play it.
As for the story, I feel like people were expecting a big twist from the main villain, when the big twist is actually more geared towards 4 other characters.
The better stories come from those 4 other characters, imo.
I liked it and I thought that the story build up was well executed.
If you played the Dishonored DLC, you'll have a better appreciation for the villain and the progression in Dishonored 2, imo.
Depending on what you do to some of the main targets and factions in Dishonored 2, you'll get various ending permutations, and this time in Dishonored 2, WHO you kill matters as much as how many people you kill.
There isn't just a black and white kill __% of people and get a darker ending or don't kill __% of people and get a lighter ending.
Killing a serial killer, for example is worth less chaos, and you can use The Heart to help you find those people out, Similar to killing people in the way that Dexter (TV show) did, and the AI is randomized each time between innocent, neutral-evil and purely evil people.

Gameplay is awesome.
Took me a little while to get used to the new button configuration for R1, R2, L1, and L2, so instead I decided to use configuration C which just swapped the Square (X on X1) and O (B on X1) buttons and kept the trigger and shoulder buttons the same.
Enemies are more alert and AI is randomized, so if 2 guards hear a noise, 1 guard will search a certain part and another guard will search another area around where the sound came from, so it feels more realistic.
The themed missions (Clockwork Mansion, Dust District, A Crack In The Slab and The Royal Conservatory) are awesome and probably my top favorites.
I love the thought and originality that went into all the levels, in general, though.
Emily's powers are fun as hell to use, and I've gotten pretty creative with some of Corvo's power updates, as well.
1 of the things I love to do as Emily is to put a Doppelganger on the floor and assassinate my own Doppelganger.
It breaks my fall and doesn't count as a kill. ;)
Speaking of Doppelganger, summoning a Doppelganger and Domino-ing it to 3 or 4 more enemies and choking the Doppelganger out is a GREAT way to clear a room without using much ammo or being spotted.
Corvo's possession is also awesome in that now you can chain possess from animal to human to animal again, and you can even possess a corpse, which comes in handy for hiding.
It also can break your fall if you throw an unconscious or dead person a few stories down and use possession to break your fall.
I won't go too much more into the other powers, but it's really fun to play and explore new routes.

Bone charm crafting is also cool to do, and you can upgrade it to craft your own runes, although I prefer hunting down the runes.
You can also upgrade bone charm crafting to upgrade the trait multiple times.
For example, Spirit Water is a bone charm that gives you a little bit of mana by drinking from faucets.
Well, with the upgrade under Bone Charm Crafting, you can use that Spirit Water trait 3 times, to have it give you even more mana every time you open a faucet, rather than just a little bit of mana.

Personally, I'd give it a 9.

Last edited:
i wish they still had the option to restart the mission after you complete it. one level i missed like $1200, a painting, and a bone charm. i wanted to play the level over again.

Last edited:
i wish they still had the option t restart the mission after you complete it. one level i missed like $1200, a painting, and a bone charm. i wanted to play the level over again.

I agree.
They are going to add NG+ and a difficulty settings update soon, so I'm guessing that will be rectified.
In the meantime I just made new game save files for each of the 9 missions, with only Blink level 1 and Far Reach level 1 (the starting powers).

That's maybe the 1 downside on console and PC, alike.
The save format.
PC issues got fixed in the last update, but so many PC games seem to be having issues this gen, unfortunately.

I'm currently giving it the silent treatment unfortunately. It's not a bad thing, but I can't play it as of lately since my schedule has gotten a bit too busy. But I'll explain why I'm not finishing it quite yet.

Damn game bugged out on me at the final boss. She randomly vanishes by saying that she and Jessamine loved to play hide and seek. The problem, there was nothing on my screen showing me where the hell she went. I looked EVERYWHERE for her and nothing. The game kept acting as if nothing happened, but I could not beat the boss. I thought I could teleport on the lights to get rid of her wolfhounds, which I successfully did. And when I attempted to find some non-lethal way to take her out, she just vanished. Nothing was giving me a hint as to where I needed to go.

(And please don't tell me, I'm not interested)

It also auto saved during this bug. So I had to restart from my last own save. It reloaded right after I got Luca arrested and let his body double portray him now.

Besides this little issue, I freaking loved it. I got the collector's edition. That mask is definitely going to be the highlight of my soon-to-be-moved-into condo's computer room.

That's a weird bug.
Don't know if you're playing on PC or console.
I know that people playing the PC version have reported some bugs including 2 to 3 enemies counting as being dead in the Royal Conservatory part if you choked them out before doing the non-lethal route to complete the mission.
I'm on PS4, though, and as of my 7th play-through I haven't seen any bugs.

There's 1 possibility that I could think of as to why that bug may have happened, but respecting your wish in the last post, I won't say anything or give any hints.

Yeah, the mask is pretty awesome.
I took it out for a couple of days, but then I packed it back up as I am also moving in the next month.

For anyone interested.........

Update #2 to include:

-Iron Man mode = permadeath, no manual saves or manual loads allowed
- Custom Difficulty settings
- Mission Select / Mission Replay

Steam Beta on January 18th.
PS4 and X1 to get it on January 23.

Personally, I look forward to this more than the OP NG+ (aka god-mode).
I've been wanting mission select / replay and custom difficulties in Dishonored 2, and now were getting them. :-D

https://bethesda.net/en/article/5eX...2-update-custom-difficulty-and-mission-select

1 of the many reasons I love this game is being able to do stuff like this. :laugh:

Not my personal gameplay video, but I've done similar stuff.

Is it sad that I'm still only on Mission 4 with Emily? Lol.
I seriously need a week off so I can finish this game. At least with Emily's story.
Heck, I finished Reading the novel before I finished the game.

Is it sad that I'm still only on Mission 4 with Emily? Lol.
I seriously need a week off so I can finish this game. At least with Emily's story.
Heck, I finished Reading the novel before I finished the game.

It's not sad.
I just got lucky and had more time to play it during Nov - Jan.
Whereas I've had less time to play it as of lately.
I currently have a Flesh and Steel mode gameplay that I started (for the Trophy), and I haven't picked it up in a while.
I may have some extra time tonight to finish up that run. ;)

I also finished the novel before getting the game.
It was a good read.

Soooooooooooooooooo.................

It appears that Novel #2 will take place during the events of Dishonored 2's coup and will feature (Amazon link inside the spoiler tag for the character)........

Also, it seems like the DLC will take place after the events of Dishonored 2................

"The official sequel to the new video game Dishonored 2, picking up the adventure where the game left off and weaving into the additional digital content the game studio will continue to release for a year after the game's release."

https://www.amazon.com/Dishonored-N...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=90WVEYE84HKXGC94T792

So....... a possible DLC for Dishonored 2, taking place after Dishonored 2, slated for later this year?

Possible Bethesda E3 announcement?

Looks like I was right on the Dishonored 2 DLC possibly taking place after Dishonored 2.

Fvck YES!!!!
It was good to hear Michael Madsen return as Daud.
I REALLY look forward to this.
This is my favorite game franchise of all time, so more Dishonored is always welcome.
The Knife Of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches was 6 chapters combined and went for $10 each, so for $30 I'm hoping that this standalone DLC will have more content or be a bit longer than the first Dishonored's DLCs.

Looks like Billie Lurk has some upgrades like Broken Tom's eye and a new arm, and I liked that they used the Drunken Whaler song from the first Dishonored. :)

"Who's the mark? The black-eyed bastard responsible for all the chaos."

Last edited: