Dishonored: All Things Dishonored related

Well dang. I've been good guy Daud the whole time. I don't think I'll get to fight him. XD

Play again as bad guy Daud, and make a 2nd save file. :)
That's what I'm, doing.

I did a "ghost" and "cleaner hands" playthrough save for the good ending, and a High Chaos save for the bad ending. :)

Also, for anyone who hasn't picked this game up yet and wants to :) :

GOTY edition may be around the corner.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/dishonored-to-get-game-of-the-year-edition-6412604

I've been reading the comments section of that article.... Are people stupid?

Yeah.
Between the stupid people that comment and the morons that rant while confusing Bethesda Softworks with Bethesda Game Studios, I stopped reading the comments sections on those articles.
Somehow, Skyrim (which has NOTHING to do with Arkane Studios) always comes up in these articles.
Some people can just be complete ignorant tards.

Yeah.
Between the stupid people that comment and the morons that rant while confusing Bethesda Softworks with Bethesda Game Studios, I stopped reading the comments sections on those articles.
Somehow, Skyrim (which has NOTHING to do with Arkane Studios) always comes up in these articles.
Some people can just be complete ignorant tards.

The amount of stupidity and ignorance that comes from those people disgusts me. Personally, I think Dishonored deserved GOTY for last year, not The Walking Dead.

New Brigmore Witches Trailer.

Enjoy. :)

EDIT:
Also, Bruzzrad, Daud fighting against Corvo (1:04 - 1:07 mark). :marchmellow:

Last edited:
It is indeed.

I'm trying to do "ghost" and "cleanest hands" on the first level of the DLC, and I will go on to the 2nd level afterwards.
I'm enjoying this DLC immensely. ;)

EDIT:
I'm now on my 3rd reply of The Brigmore Witches

Also......... DAT OPENING

Yeah.

Spoiler:
Considering that it was a dream, I wonder what will happen when you beat it on Low or High Chaos.
Seemed like a foreshadowing of things to come. :)

On a side note; I seriously wonder how the hell some of these IGN reviewers get jobs these days.
What a dipshit.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/14/dishonored-the-brigmore-witches-dlc-review#comment-1000963064

Here's my reply:

"- Corvo's actions are irrelevant."

As they should be considering that this DLC takes place BEFORE he meets up with Corvo.
The previous save file was meant to transfer your previous Low or High Chaos level (from the Knife of Dunwall), and I feel like the reviewer missed that whole point.
Good lord.
The reviewers always have something to about with Dishonored, even with a great game and great DLC.

Dishonored comes out and it gets a good score and "wah" because it "isn't 40+ hours long," despite the developers specifically saying that it would take 12 - 24 hours to beat, depending on how you played it.

The Knife Of Dunwall comes out and "wah" because it "the ending feels incomplete," despite the game devs REPEATEDLY saying FOR MONTHS that Knife of Dunwall was PART 1 OF A 2-PART DLC.

The Brigmore Witches comes out and "wah" "Corvo's actions are irrelevant," despite the game devs saying that this DLC is parallel to Corvo's story, with Daud's side of the story being told.
Daud having a good ending for having a change of heart, and having a bad ending for being bad, makes complete sense.

I'm on my 3rd play-through of The Brigmore Witches (1 Low Chaos and 1 High Chaos play-through), and this DLC is great.
It gives some good finality to Daud's story, and I find myself constantly wanting to go back and play it again.
Sure, some of the levels are familiar (which is really my only complaint), but if you have to meet up with Corvo eventually (you know, when their stories meet up), then it only makes sense.

This DLC deserves an 8.5 or 9 score.
Corvo's actions shouldn't merit this DLC getting a 7.5, considering that it's a great DLC.
I would consider getting The Knife of Dunwall first, if you haven't played it yet, because it's also good, but Brigmore Witches sure as hell doesn't deserve a 7.5 score.

The reviewer missed the mark on this one.

Your first problem is that you're on IGN. I saw your argument with that guy who claims to be "an all knowing writer" who thought this game was dumb. He was the very soul of ignorance and fought with you just because he doesn't have a super complicated story with this game. Heck, my mind was blown when Corvo's allies *spoilered* him. I hate people like that who need everything to be just right for them...

And I haven't beaten it yet, I just got to the second mission with the gang war. But so far, I'm loving it. I got to explore a lot more of Coldridge Prison than I thought existed.

Your first problem is that you're on IGN. I saw your argument with that guy who claims to be "an all knowing writer" who thought this game was dumb. He was the very soul of ignorance and fought with you just because he doesn't have a super complicated story with this game. Heck, my mind was blown when Corvo's allies *spoilered* him. I hate people like that who need everything to be just right for them...

And I haven't beaten it yet, I just got to the second mission with the gang war. But so far, I'm loving it. I got to explore a lot more of Coldridge Prison than I thought existed.

True. :laugh:
I don't know why I was expecting common sense there, but I was hoping for it.
And yeah, I can't stand people that are "know it all," or claim to be, without having anything constructive to back it up with.
The moron claims that The Brigmore Witches just feels like more of the same, yet he didn't even download the DLC.
At that point, I was like, this guy's argument is invalid.
Before I dislike something, I at least give it a try.
How can I say that I dislike something, if I haven't even tried it first?

It's funny though, because another user (mortified_penguin02) who is always on the MGS boards (and has also played Dishonored and the DLCs) and knows his stealth games very well, put that other dude in his place for not knowing what he was talking about:

mortified_penguin02 said:
The amount of hate you are spewing with hardly any well researched points is mind boggling.
"The game has no backstory." You know, despite all the journals riddled everywhere giving depth to almost everyone, and the animated videos that took place before the game released that explained Trans, the origins of the Rat Plague, and Piero's visions of the Outsider, all the ambient conversations you can overhear, etc. Whale oil is used to run things because of an energy crisis Dunwall had, and it turns out the whales are mystical creatures related to the mystical plane of the Void where the Outsider is from. Admiral Havelock is not one dimensional evil, you can see how he changes from the murders he orders and his goals were just, even if he did horrible things to get there and it didn't turn out right. Corvo is loyal to Jessamine because he was given to her as a bodyguard when they were both young from his home country of Serkonas, as a diplomatic gesture. He is also very heavily implied to have been her lover and Emily's father. The Outsider is a force of entropy and chaos, from a plane that is stated will eventually consume the world. In Dishonored's lore, there is no God, the is no devil, there is no heaven or hell. Just Chaos and nothingness. Why does there have to be other deities? If you were the sole supernatural force, wouldn't you get bored and give away powers just to see how it affects the world? The witches eat people because of their beliefs. All these characters have depth and meaning, that you just failed to see and won't even consider. And how can you possibly know how the creative process of this game went down? "It's all true!" you say. Bullcrap. Dishonored has a very well fleshed out world, and if you don't see that, then I'm sorry, but I can't help you. Doesn't mean you can piss all over the game and then claim it's fact "because it is."

I wanted to applaud him for it. :)

Last edited:
I just finished the Brigmore Witches, and it was awesome. Although...

Spoiler:
I thought the fight with Corvo was going to take place at the end instead of the very beginning

I just finished the Brigmore Witches, and it was awesome. Although...

Spoiler:
I thought the fight with Corvo was going to take place at the end instead of the very beginning

If that happened, depending on the way you played as Daud, you could make it so you would not be able to fight him at all.