Wonder Woman Guide ~ Nope, still no match

It was a mistake on my part. I realize this. As I said in the OP, this is a collaboration guide. Everyone has different experiences and strategies.

Sorry I advice you the wrong way. But Critical is right on the money, and so as SpookyColt who commented about the Sword and Shield style being useful against players who like to play keepaway and zone alot. So when you get back to the lab in training mode, if you're really gonna be using Diana the most, gotta learn how to somewhat balance with using her Style Change and utilizing both of their movesets, in most situations, especially if someone decides to pull Deathstroke or any other zoning character on you. I know you're just adding mainly the useful attacks, but there's gonna be someone who wants to learn the somewhat useful and useless parts and detail (not scientific and long) as well.

P.S.
I know this is optional, but can you add a bit of profile on the op, if it's possible. You can use my Hawkgirl profile section to help you on the format. Plus, I'm surprised that no one hasn't done any gameplay guides for the other characters.

I do great against exceptional zoners with Lasso. Spine Ripper has an asshole of a Deathstroke and I can maneuver about the screen relatively well. I don't like using Sword style, so I'm not going to experiment with it. If someone wants to give detailed strategies with it, I am more than willing to add it to the guide.

Never did I say I would exclude all Sword strategies. It was just my knowledge that was limited, so I found it useless.

Yes sir! Sorry for the intrusion!
snail-abandons-thread.gif

The parry is really important.

Bracelets parry OA Rocket and air OA Rocket, which stops him from doing the Ex variant because it wont be attached to you. But like Batman he can detonate it in front of your face which you can't parry.

They Parry Rocket Power and Rocket Power Ex

And his Turbine Smash

But most importantly, you can parry his the second hit of b1, 2 on reaction. His low into overhead. Making it punishable by full combo.
There isn't enough time to parry the second hit of b1, 3. But most Lantern players try to catch you with the trait cancel Lantern's Might. Which you can block if you think they're going to try it, and punish for full combo. Higher leveled lanterns though I've found go for the grab after they notice you block the Might.

Also keep in mind that your air down Tiara has more reach than his Lantern's Might.

And at max range, a blocked Lantern's Might is punishable by tiara.
A bit closer and you can Ex Tiara for them to stumble forward for guaranteed b1, 1, 3
Any closer than that you can straight up b1, 1, 3

Last edited:
The main problem I'm having against Green Lantern is his Lantern's Might. My cross up game is pretty much eliminated and in a straight up fight, his normals are better than Diana's. At range, compentent Lantern players spam Oa's rocket and punish with B1, F3 or Lantern's Might when you try to close the distance.

Parrying the 2nd hit after B1 sounds like a good idea. I never thought of that.

Blocking B1 is tough, especially when they mix it up with F3.

Sorry for invading this guide, but I can't believe you're having problems with Hal, Known. Diana should definitely have the advantage over him because of her mobility speed. Also, have you been using her normal lasso attacks (B+2, Jump 3, etc.) She has more reach than Hal's normals (I think).

Known likes to jump and air dash a lot. So Lantern's Might shuts him down.
He just needs to try to get in from the ground, bait the Might and punish it.

Sorry for invading this guide, but I can't believe you're having problems with Hal, Known. Diana should definitely have the advantage over him because of her mobility speed. Also, have you been using her normal lasso attacks (B+2, Jump 3, etc.) She has more reach than Hal's normals (I think).

Speed is useless against Lantern's Might. Her aerial game is completely stifled. She's forced to play footies against B1/Lantern's Might which isn't easy to do because most of her normals don't have good range. B2 +3 and MB Tiara are always good but it's only going to get you so much. B1 from Lantern can result in a 40%+ of damage lost. Again, J3 is useless against Lantern's Might.

Known likes to jump and air dash a lot. So Lantern's Might shuts him down.
He just needs to try to get in from the ground, bait the Might and punish it.

I can deal with the average weekend warrior Green Lantern but the skilled, guide reading Lanterns are the ones that give me the most trouble. I guess I just have to do a better job at blocking B1. I might also give sword stance a shot. I really have to learn that $h!t.

I see. Must be hard to approach slowly on foot.

Lantern's normals are faster and have more range than Diana's. Every mistake you make will cost you 35-46% of health loss against a skilled Green Lantern player. He has ALL the tools to counter Diana.

How to deal with her normal string that uses the lasso? The overhead mid one. It can't be jumped. If I block it, it pushes me out of punishable range. I play as Green Arrow mostly. I even try to slide in and I can't get in there in time. I might be able to get an arrow off before she recovers. The combination of that and her low mileena kick is frustrating. >_>

EDIT: Guess you can't punish her B23 unless the first hit whiffs. Even if you block the overhead, the mid can't be avoided and must be blocked. Which the mid has enough block stun to make it unpunishable. But the recovery on it makes it so she can't pressure afterward either. So pretty much if it hits, it puts both players back at a neutral state. Which is pretty fcking lame for a normal string. Her D3 can even go under my low arrows. A low attack that avoids highs, mids, and lows. Lame.

Last edited: