Hawkgirl: Time to Throw Down the Hammer

Update: In the Special Moves section, right next to the directional input, I've added the other directional input in parenthesis whenever Alternate Control in the Controller Preset menu is turned on to make it a bit ease for those who wanted to do the specials the hard way and competitive or uses the fight stick instead of the usual game controller.

What the F is up with her special where she charges with her mace in hand? I was playing with Grundy and it seemed like it wasn't punishable, even without MB. After it's blocked, she would be out of distance for me to punish. I couldn't even bring up some swamp hands in time.

Her Mace Charge has some kind of pushback when blocked, and after the animation, she remains in the air for a bit before actually landing on the ground. Although she can still be knocked out of it with a well timed jump attack.

Update: While added new combos in the Super Combos and Injustice Combo sections, I've made slight editing on the timing to strike by adding ~ symbol to all of the custom combos section.

Trying to find a way for me to record the combos and moves for Hawkgirl, which is sorta a disaster.

I hardly fight Hawkgirl, and I've never played as her but I believe I have some good input for the character.
:Don't focus too much on aerial advantage:

Not being able to block in the air applies to everyone, and when I'm using Aquaman his M in the air trident poke knocks her right out of the air. This opens Aquaman up to his bread and butter. I'm sure this applies to other characters as well, so I see flaws in most of Hawkgirl's tactics.

True. But the real question is can you withstand the pressure Hawkgirl can dish out? Although I think there no advantages between these two when engaging each other in battle.

First time checking out this thread and it's odd that we have basically the same format and sections. Well the MK9 ones were similar anyways, but great minds still think alike. haha

Indeed. Just mine had a few more, including frame rate numbers alongside the basic normal and preset combos. Plus nothing harmful adding a bio about the character so others can understand better about her.

Ive been using her for a couple of days. She's crap. Absolute crap. Slow, crap moves that whiff badly. I have no idea who signed off on testing this but they completely dropped the ball as far as she is concerned. She has no reliable combos; like Lex they all whiff over the opponent who simply hits you with a low and you're stuffed. d2 is about all she's good for. Her trait is slow and useless. Winged evade is hopeless because you are either too far away to use the follow up or too closw to pull it off without being countered. The balance in this game is laughable.

Ive been using her for a couple of days. She's crap. Absolute crap. Slow, crap moves that whiff badly. I have no idea who signed off on testing this but they completely dropped the ball as far as she is concerned. She has no reliable combos; like Lex they all whiff over the opponent who simply hits you with a low and you're stuffed. d2 is about all she's good for. Her trait is slow and useless. Winged evade is hopeless because you are either too far away to use the follow up or too close to pull it off without being countered. The balance in this game is laughable.

Maybe you either stink with being close-up characters (plus, who said that she's very easy to use because she somewhat hard to use correctly for casuals) or this may not be the game for you buddy. I can use her just fine.

Maybe you either stink with being close-up characters (plus, who said that she's very easy to use because she somewhat hard to use correctly for casuals) or this may not be the game for you buddy. I can use her just fine.

The point is not about using her. The point is about comparing her to the best characters in this game all of whom have much better moves and tools.

You people don't really get what balance means.

The point is not about using her. The point is about comparing her to the best characters in this game all of whom have much better moves and tools.

You people don't really get what balance means.

No character in ANY fighting game will be the same, there will be some higher and some lower than others.

You just definitely sealed the argument with that hard nail in the coffin response iVital. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. The real actual factor is the player and how well can he/she use that character.

Yeah Hawkgirl may not be up there with Batman, Superman, Aquaman, and other S tier fighters, but if used correctly, she can be a major force to be reckoned with.