If you could have any Arcade Machine in your home for free, what would it be?

Shirayuki Mizore

For myself, I don't need to think twice for an answer. It's always been my dream, for when I get my own house, a Time Crisis 3 arcade machine WILL be there.

TIMECRISIS.jpg

Time Crisis 3 was the last good, and best game out of the series. I remember dumping quarters and quarters into the machine at the movie theater I went to, until they replaced with with Time Crisis 4, which sucks, like A LOT. In Boomers in Florida, I beat the game for the first time in one sitting, and the satisfaction was great.

What I loved about Time Crisis was that it didn't cheat you out of your money. Since there was a cover system, if you died, it was your fault, not the game's, unlike in other arcade shooters where they attack you with silly stuff that seems almost inevitable for you to get hit. The pedal/cover system was not only a great tool, but it made the same intense, as you popped in and out of cover, taking out each enemy.

And of course, the game was best played with a friend, for some awesome cooperative play. There were only a few weapons, but no more was needed, and I loved being P2, because he reminds me of Leon from Resident Evil with that epic mane of his. This game was just perfection, and I actually found a machine at a theater a bit of a distance away, so I plan to visit someday with lots of quarters.

They have it for PS2, but the Guncon is not the best. I've used it before on a PS2 for Crisis Zone, and it got a little faulty at times, which was expected. The arcade version is of course the superior version, and it will be mine someday.

Last edited:
I wish I could remember the name of it. But it's a rail shooter with a giant machine gun that vibrates like there are 6 bears having an orgy inside of it. It makes the game really intense.

I wish I could remember the name of it. But it's a rail shooter with a giant machine gun that vibrates like there are 6 bears having an orgy inside of it. It makes the game really intense.

I know exactly what game you're talking about.

Were you shooting from a Helicopter, if you remember?

I don't remember that. I do remember though that it was pretty futuristic with flying robots, and your bullets were all mini explosives.

I don't remember that. I do remember though that it was pretty futuristic with flying robots, and your bullets were all mini explosives.

Yeah, it's the one I'm talking about. They had one in the Menlo over here, but that arcade room is gone now. That gun had a shit-load of recoil on it.

One shitty, yet popular arcade machine out right now is the Terminator Salvation one. It's beyond cheap. Pretty much designed for you to lose as quick as possible, and the Terminators take WAY too many bullets to kill.

Found it, BBBLP!

Gunblade NY, and L.A. Machineguns! Didn't know they had a port of both games on the Wii!

I remember the arcade had Gunblade NY.

gunblade.jpg

LA_Machine_Guns_52_Video_Game_Machine.jpg

Marvel 2, Mortal Kombat 2, or a 6-Player X-Men cabinet would be my dream.

Hopefully in the future, I can have at least 1

Even though the X-Men one is fvcking gargantuan

Hmmm...

I'd probably have King of Fighters: Neowave and also, this next one I'm about to mention isn't an arcade game but, it's when I punch a bag or pad, it shows how strong I punch it. I was in Reno, Nevada when they had it. Not sure what it's called but ppl surrounded the area for that.

Oh, and also a boxing game where you put on gloves and really punch the CPU character. I wanna know what this one (or these ones if more than one title) are called. I played one like this in Tomorrow Land in Disneyland in Southern California.

Last edited: