If you rewritten the story...

I dunno.
40-50 seems like it would be too many characters.
It's not just 40-50 characters to work on.
It's 80-100 fatalities (assuming that each character has 2 fatalities again), 40-50 of whichever other -ality (If they decide to do that again), 40-50 stage fatality animations per stage, 40-50 arcade ladder endings, 40-50 alternate costumes and so forth.
Plus, there's also the Krypt and any other side stuff that they'd want to include (Challenge Tower, Practice Mode or other missions).

I don't really think its too much, it is just 10 to 15 more than the usual roster and given that they are developing the game for the next gen systems, they should expand given the systems' potential and their their capabilities which I hear would drastically help reduce the development time as compared to the current gen systems.

Not really, as long as those characters are not involved in the story and are just unlockables. Gameplay wise too, I wish to see some innovation based off the Injustice fighting system like having tank characters, zoners, pressure characters etc, basically more variety, so even if those characters come back they would not play like they did in Mk9 hopefully.

Also Tekken tag tournament 2 had a total of 59 characters for the console versions. If devs can already create great games with such a roster size in the current gen systems, it shouldn't be a problem for next gen systems.

28 to 30 characters could cut it, considering that there are 13 characters alive after MK9.
(14 if you count Skarlet)
IMO Sub-Zero (Human or Cyborg, but only 1 version this time), Liu Kang and Kitana should come back, either in story or the Krypt.
Maybe not Kitana as much, but Sub-Zero and Liu Kang are definite must-haves for anyone that wants the OG cast back.
MK: A was a rush-job, yes, but working on THAT many characters in the allotted time was the issue.
I agree that NRS has more $$$, resources and time this go-around, but I still don't want to see a 60+ cast.
I think that MK10 should have some of the MK 4 thru MK:DA characters, and save the MK:D thru MK:A characters for MK11.
It would be the new era MK trilogy (MK9, 10 and 11) in a sense, and NRS could even possibly market it that way too, as a collection in the future.

Now, using my example in the paragraph above (this is just an idea, so please don't attack me all at once):
13 characters are still alive, as of MK9.
One idea that I have is that Sub-Zero, Liu Kang and Kitana come back, which would add 3 dead characters to MK10.
That would be 16 characters, and going by the approximate 28 character rule, 12 slots would still be available (not taking any hidden characters into consideration).
The remaining 12 to 13 slots could consist of Fujin, Reiko, Tanya, Kai, Kenshi, Bo Rai Cho, Li Mei, Mavado, Nitara, Frost (with a major revamp), Jarek (with a major revamp), Moloch and Drahmin.
That covers the MK4 thru MK: DA era for this game, and would = 29 characters (Oops! I went over by 1 character), considering the other characters that survived at the end of MK9.
New characters can be introduced via DLC, just like Skarlet was in MK9.

I don't think the dead characters should come back in story mode.
I said that if they did, it would be a + for me, but I agree 100% that they shouldn't play a major role.
MK 9.5 isn't what I want either.
My example above would be a good way to include SOME of the MK9 kast, while introducing a new cast for MK10.
For MK11, a handful of MK9 and MK10 characters could be there, but no more than that IMO.
A good majority of the MK11 roster could consist of the MK:D thru MK:A kast, rounding out the new era trilogy.

NOTE: Before anyone reads it and attacks me for it, this is just an idea and I never stated that this is the ONLY option that NRS should go with, just 1 OF MANY options that NRS could go with

This would totally make sense. Especially about MK11. Though, Havik and Hotaru do have a chance of making it in MK10. Characters like Kira and Kobra should be in MK11 with major revamps.

And speaking of the dead characters, Kitana is a MAJOR character that should come back. Also, Jade should return as the woman in her MK9 ending (body posession) or the woman herself should be introduced in MK10. That woman NEEDS to be in the next MK game.

Not really, as long as those characters are not involved in the story and are just unlockables. Gameplay wise too, I wish to see some innovation based off the Injustice fighting system like having tank characters, zoners, pressure characters etc, basically more variety, so even if those characters come back they would not play like they did in Mk9 hopefully.

Also Tekken tag tournament 2 had a total of 59 characters for the console versions. If devs can already create great games with such a roster size in the current gen systems, it shouldn't be a problem for next gen systems.

Yeah, but TTT2 also didn't have a long fully drawn out story mode with animated cut-scenes, like MK9 did.
That stuff also takes up space.
Regardless, it's also an additional 10-15 more arcade ladder ending sequences that they would have to program, animate and do voice-overs for.

Yeah, but TTT2 also didn't have a long fully drawn out story mode with animated cut-scenes, like MK9 did.
That stuff also takes up space.
Regardless, it's also an additional 10-15 more arcade ladder ending sequences that they would have to program, animate and do voice-overs for.

Yes but as I said earlier, since those characters being dead , they wouldn't probably be involved in the story much, other than being background characters or characters we got to fight against. It wouldn't make much of a difference eitherway. Even though TTT2 didn't have a story mode, it did have CGI cut scene endings for all it's characters. As far as MK's story mode was concerned, all the animation was in game, which is much easier and cheaper to develop compared to CGI. Even still if you take Tekken 6, it had about 41 characters in all along with full fledged story mode and CGI animated arcade endings. Given all this 40 - 50 characters should easily be achievable by NRS, also given the next gen system capabilities.

Yes but as I said earlier, since those characters being dead , they wouldn't probably be involved in the story much, other than being background characters or characters we got to fight against. It wouldn't make much of a difference eitherway. Even though TTT2 didn't have a story mode, it did have CGI cut scene endings for all it's characters. As far as MK's story mode was concerned, all the animation was in game, which is much easier and cheaper to develop compared to CGI. Even still if you take Tekken 6, it had about 41 characters in all along with full fledged story mode and CGI animated arcade endings. Given all this 40 - 50 characters should easily be achievable by NRS, also given the next gen system capabilities.

Sure, that's true, and I understand that they have more financial backing from WB, but I feel skeptical about them doing a game with such a big roster.
Besides, like I said before, with a 28 - 30 character roster they could save some of the characters for MK11 (MK:D thru MK:A), and even market the 3 newer-gen games (MK 9, 10 and 11) as the trilogy of the NEW timeline.

Sure, that's true, and I understand that they have more financial backing from WB, but I feel skeptical about them doing a game with such a big roster.
Besides, like I said before, with a 28 - 30 character roster they could save some of the characters for MK11 (MK:D thru MK:A), and even market the 3 newer-gen games (MK 9, 10 and 11) as the trilogy of the NEW timeline.

That's what I was saying about MKT (new timeline) after MK11 before. All guest characters that made it in any of the 3 games should definitely be in as well.

Screw the Krypt. Let's go old school by unlocking characters with codes or doing another Shao Kahn's treasure. I miss that shizz! haha

The dead MK9 characters can be sub bosses you face in MK10. If you are defeated by one of them, they do a fatality on you. Here is a list.

Kitana: Kiss of Death (MK2 or MKSM style).

Nightwolf: Turns into a wolf and eats you up.

Jade: Vertically impales you with her staff, rips your head off while you're impaled, and places your head on the tip of the weapon.

Sindel: Screams at you with your flesh and limbs being blown away.

Stryker: Blows you up with a bomb.

Kabal: His first MK9 fatality.

CSZ: Shoots an ice bomb out of his chest and ends up going in your chest and then you explode.

Jax: His MKDA fatality but this time with his "Ground Pound" punch crushing the face instead of a stomp.

Smoke: Any of his MK9 fatalities.

Kung Lao: Any of his MK9 fatalities.

For MK9 I'd make changes on outfits as well...
Kitana's primary would be similar to her MKSM outfit.
Smoke wouldn't have grey hair.
Reptile's primary would be his secondary outfit and his second outfit to be a human form.
Jade's second outfit would be like a mini battle dress that looks like a dress worn in a club with green and gold all over it.
Mileena's third outfit would have her mouth covered in the wraps she's wearing.
Stryker would have an outfit similar to a leather daddy's.
Johnny Cage would have a male stripper outfit. (Just a thong and shades.)
Jax would have nothing but a metal thong on.

Last edited:
If MK would DLC fatalities, would any one buy them ?

If it involves Jade vertically impaling a guy from butt to shoulder or mouth and/or Mileena eating the victim from crotch to face, YES!!!

For classic fatalities as DLC, I'd have Kitana's Kiss of Death of course.

If I made MK:

Jade would be the one getting the special treatment of the company and not Scorpion.

Rayne (Bloodrayne) and Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw) would be in as guest characters and would both have fatalities that cut the guy vertically in half.

Jade would be the female "Vlad the Impaler" and the main protagonist.

Stryker would be in leather cargo buttless chaps and a thong with a police hat (a leather police daddy).

Jade would wear clothes similar to Beyonce's mini dresses but covered in gold armor while still wearing the same boots.

I'd redesign Rayne and Juliet. Rayne would have leather chaps and a laced leather short shorts inside the chaps but still similar to her original red outfit. Juliet would look more like the prostitutes in school uniforms from one of the Grand Theft Auto series.

Kitana, Mileena, and Jade would each have a kimono dress with boots.

Create a fighter would've existed already.

I'd have fatalities, brutalities, and friendships only.

Animalities (which I would still consider as fatalities) can be used by a few characters such as Liu Kang (dragon), Nightwolf (wolf), Scorpion (scorpion), Shang Tsung (snake), and Nitara (bat).

You just regurgitate the same ideas from 3 years ago.

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Hmm, if I could change it, Noob would assist CSZ, Defeat Quan Chi and join Team Raiden :p

Bi-Han didn't care about CSZ because he was possessed after Quan Chi made him into Noob Saibot.
I'm sure that human Bi-Han would have looked out for his younger brother, as most big brothers do, but being turned into Noob Saibot made him lose some of that.
If anything, Raiden or any of the 4 other goddamned EarthRealm warriors should have helped out human Sub-Zero.
Instead, they all just stand around and let it happen.
Besides, there is a possibility that Noob Saibot could take over the NetherRealm in MK10, if the Soulnado teleported him into another realm and didn't kill him, which is what I'm hoping for.

If MK would DLC fatalities, would any one buy them ?

Depends on the DLC fatalities.

DLC Klassic MK1, MKII and MK3 fatalities? HELL YES. In a heart-beat.
Most of the MK9 hidden / 2nd fatalities were better than the first fatalities, except for a few characters who had 2 stupid fatalities, like Raiden.

I would have gladly DL'ed Klassic fatalities for MK9 like:

- Raiden's MKII Uppercut Explosion fatality
- Ermac's MK3 Telekinetic Slam fatality
- Sonya's MK1 Kiss Of Death fatality
- Shang Tsung's MKII Soul Steal or MK3 Bed Of Spikes fatality
- Sindel's MK3 Hair Spin fatality
- Rain's MKT Lightning explosion fatality

DLC standard fatalities, though? NO

If anything, Raiden or any of the 4 other goddamned EarthRealm warriors should have helped out human Sub-Zero.

I doubt Raiden or any of the Earthrealm warriors could do much to save Sub Zero given the fact that they were in the middle of a colosseum with thousands of spectators watching, almost all of Shao Kahn's minions being present or ready to on call, a whole bunch of the Lin Kuei, Sektor, Cyrax and most importantly Shao Kahn himself being present, there was really nothing much they could have done.

Bi-Han didn't care about CSZ because he was possessed after Quan Chi made him into Noob Saibot.
I'm sure that human Bi-Han would have looked out for his younger brother, as most big brothers do, but being turned into Noob Saibot made him lose some of that.
Besides, there is a possibility that Noob Saibot could take over the NetherRealm in MK10, if the Soulnado teleported him into another realm and didn't kill him, which is what I'm hoping for.

Depends on the DLC fatalities.

DLC Klassic MK1, MKII and MK3 fatalities? HELL YES. In a heart-beat.
Most of the MK9 hidden / 2nd fatalities were better than the first fatalities, except for a few characters who had 2 stupid fatalities, like Raiden.

I would have gladly DL'ed Klassic fatalities for MK9 like:

- Raiden's MKII Uppercut Explosion fatality
- Ermac's MK3 Telekinetic Slam fatality
- Sonya's MK1 Kiss Of Death fatality
- Shang Tsung's MKII Soul Steal or MK3 Bed Of Spikes fatality
- Sindel's MK3 Hair Spin fatality
- Rain's MKT Lightning explosion fatality

DLC standard fatalities, though? NO

Lmao, huge plot hole, why does Noob serve Quan Chi even though he saw him standing next to scorpion and encouraging him to kill him? Also, why does Kuai Liang give up on his brother so easily? "My brother! we are finally reunited!" "We are not Brothers" "Then It doesnt matter to me if you die anymore" lol.

You just regurgitate the same ideas from 3 years ago.

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Why don't you say that to Revamp Kombat also. I'm just doing the same thing he does. Lol

For classic fatalities as DLC, here is what I'd like to see...

Kitana's Kiss of Death
Sonya's Kiss of Death
Sindel's MK3 or MKD Scream
Shang Tsung's MK2 Soul Steal
Kung Lao's MK3 Spin
Johnny Cage's MKSM Crotch Punching Bag

Last edited:
If MK was made by me here would be the roster for the reboot.

Main:
Jade
Baraka
Cyrax
Jax
Johnny Cage
Kano
Kenshi
Kitana
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Mileena
Nightwolf
Noob Saibot
Raiden
Reptile
Scorpion
Sektor
Sheeva
Sindel
Smoke (He'd have black hair. Human and cyber version in one character.)
Sonya Blade
Stryker
Sub-Zero (No cyber version at all!!!)
Rain
Skarlet (Unlockable)
Shang Tsung (Unlockable)
Quan Chi (Unlockable)
Goro (Unlockable)
Kintaro (Unlockable)
Shao Kahn (Unlockable)

DLC:
Tanya (As Rain's ally and girlfriend against Edenia to join him.)
Khameleon (She would want to take revenge on Shao Kahn and find Reptile to mate with so they can have their species exist again.)
Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw)
Rayne (Bloodrayne)
Kratos (God of War. PS exclusive.)

Last edited: