Action Figures and Other Toys

Marv n' Snake, recently bought em.
tumblr_nq3t8kzcJl1rmbck2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nq3t3aFvQm1rmbck2o1_1280.jpg

It's a shame they never made any more Sin City characters in this style. (based directly from the graphic novel) They made more based on the movie, but they just didnt look as stylized and as good as this one in my opinion.

And Nemesis, did the MGS1 Snake come with any backgrounds like the MGS2 one? I know you mentioned you always wanted a MGS1 one.

What do you mean by backgrounds? The only thing MGS1 Snake came with was his socom, famas, stinger missile launcher, gas mask, night vision goggles and C4. The 'Socom' looks like shit. It's lame lol.

Yeah I wanted that MGS1 Solid Snake when I was growing up. MGS1 was my favorite game of all time. I never got the chance to get him or Gray Fox. I had Ocelot, Mantis, Wolf, and Meryl. Eventually when I was around 15 I ordered both Solid, Liquid and Gray Fox from eBay used and then got Solid and Liquid new. I don't have em anymore unfortunately. My McFarland Gray Fox (not my Play Arts Kai) broke about a week before I got my display case. I was super bummed about it.

[MENTION=10041]Sky Valley[/MENTION], where can I find that Snake figure?

I'm not Sky, but that's the McFarland MGS2 Solid Snake. You can find him for around $50 new.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291475487961?lpid=82&chn=ps

Pre-orders for Warrior Awakened Goku went up yesterday on Amiami and Nippon Yasan and I missed out on it. SSJ Vegeta Advanced Colors went up for pre-order today and snagged 2 of them along with a SSGSS Goku. 3 down and 7 to go. I still need; 1 extra SSGSS Goku, 1 SDCC 2015 Goku, 1 Warrior Awakened Goku, 2 SSJ Future Trunks Advanced Colors, 1 golden Frieza and 1 Mystic Gohan and then my year of DBZ should be done. We got awhile till they release but that's perfect since I don't have the money for all of those right now besides SDCC Goku.

GOT IT!

2015 SDCC exclusive Frieza Saga Goku!

Decided to take some comparison shots of the regular release and the SDCC exclusive.

The box is obviously different, but the thing that stands out most to me is how they spelled it Gokou on the regular release and then changed it to Goku on the SDCC release. Shows how we spell things differently.

It's not noticeable in the pics but the skin on the SDCC one (on the right) is just a tad bit more darker. SDCC's hair is more of a jet black with a shine to it, while the regular release has a more flat matted hair.

The big differences are here. The outfit on SDCC (right) is darker than the normal release, it also has his symbols on his front and back while the regular release has a more brighter orange and doesn't have any symbols out his outfit. SDCC Goku also has a different belt with a knot tied on it, while the regular release does not have the knot. SDCC Goku has blue and yellow boots and regular release has blue and red boots.

I hate Broly as a character but his Figuarts toy is fvcking legit. Even his box is bad ass lol. I'm So glad I found a deal with him and Krillin at the con I went to back in March. I originally didn't plan to get him just because he's Broly, but once I saw his box next to Krillin at one of the vendors booths, I just had to have him. I told the guy I was definitely getting Krillin but I was debating on getting Broly. He asked if I collected the DBZ Figuarts line and I showed him one of the Goku's I just bought and told him how I had SSJ Goku, Arlian Vegeta and Android 18 and so he decided to cut me a deal on Krillin and Broly.

Then I found a Piccolo right after that and bought him lol.

Spoiler:

THEN I FOUND THIS AND DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY :(

Last edited:
So how are the Mezco MKX figures? I've been waiting for good MK figures for a while now and they are at a decent price. I was thinking about buying the first wave on BBTS.

They look good from the photos from what I've seen. I think the 6 inch versions might scale up next to my figuarts. I might want to try to set up a MK vs. DCU display with the Injustice figuarts and Mezco MKX figures. Too bad MK figuarts will never happen given how unpopular MK is over in Japan.

So how are the Mezco MKX figures? I've been waiting for good MK figures for a while now and they are at a decent price. I was thinking about buying the first wave on BBTS.

They're not bad. Articulation could be better, but it can work. Detail is really good though, aside from Scorpion's face when you remove the mask, but most people would keep the mask on anyway.

I just got a spare Scorpion to make a custom unmasked version and I think sculpting the beard on is gonna make it look way better.

I pick up Mezco MKX Scorpion and I admit that I really like the figure. The paint job and details are great. I hate how the mask does not stay on and the face behind the mask is horrible. I also have a issue with the hands not staying in completely and the left leg can pop out if you're not careful moving it in a good pose. Overall I really dig this figure despite the major flaws. It could have been better, but I'm still happy with the figure. Can't wait to pick up Sub-Zero and Raiden.

Some pictures I took (sorry for the glare on some of these):

257g09w.jpg

2rc8l06.jpg

jsbwna.jpg

2dj9o4z.jpg

The figures in the bottom image are S.H Figuarts Kamen Rider Duke, S.H Figuarts Kamen Rider Ryugen Yomi Yomotsuheguri Arms, S.H Figuarts Robin Mask, S.H Figuarts Alphamon, S.H Figuarts Imperialdramon Fighter Mode and D-Arts Omnimon. I still love Digimon (at least the first three seasons and the video games), so I do like collecting the D-Arts/Figuarts when Tamashii Nations makes them.

Last edited:
I got the entire first wave and the best one is Sub Zero, second is Raiden, the worst of the 3 is Scorpion.

It seems like MKX figures look way better than MK9's. I really wish they made an unmasked Sub Zero figure, but I'll get at least Subby and Johnny Cage.

I would collect something, but Im cheap. I dont even know how to start collecting something and im behind, just like watching tv. Im always late to the party. Any tips for something cheap to collect?

Got this beauty in yesterday.

Also, this guy in a toy group I'm in on Facebook posted these pics of some of his figures under a black light and they are pretty bad ass. Also as a heads up, black lights are not good for your toys. So if you have plans on doing something with a black light and a toy, make sure you don't do it for too long or it'll up the paint.

I got the entire first wave and the best one is Sub Zero, second is Raiden, the worst of the 3 is Scorpion.

You're getting the entire 2nd wave as well this upcoming fall?

By the way Commander and AMES, you should get the ice clone one as well from the Mezco Toyz website, as that figure has the ice ball and ice daggers (as the regular one has the ice sword and ice hammer that should be a bit more lengthy).

By the way Commander and AMES, you should get the ice clone one as well from the Mezco Toyz website, as that figure has the ice ball and ice daggers (as the regular one has the ice sword and ice hammer that should be a bit more lengthy).

I thought about getting the Ice Clone figure, but I found my 1995 Hasbro Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden (which I thought I had lost when my wife and I moved from the other house to this house) and I'm so excited to have found those that I may just set those up around the PS4 and call it a day.
I may get the Kotal Kahn one a little later, though.
Dunno yet.
The money that I currently have saved up for any hobby-related stuff for the rest of 2015 will likely just go to the Dishonored Definitive Edition on PS4 and the Back To The Future II Marty McFly jacket (which would complete my 2015 Marty McFly look, as I already have the hat and MAG shoes).