Mass Effect Thread ~ We'll bang okay?

I'm hella amped for Multiplayer. Played a ton in 3.
We're definitely gonna need to tear it up when I get it. Did you hear that there are actually Milky Way races in MP? Vorcha, Geth, Quarians etc. Sooooooo glad that's the case.

Niiiiiiice. I can't wait to do the hordes with you bro. ME3 multiplayer was so unexpectedly fun for me. Did you pre order or anything for the multiplayer boosts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That's fair. I'm just glad you're giving it a try later on.

You have a favorite weapon so far? I already know which I'll be using since they already confirmed it's in the game

latest

HHNNNNGGGG
SO MANY HEADS LOST
SO MANY HEADS SHOT

Is that the widow? I'm develoo that bich if it is. I don't really have favorite weapons. My favorite power is incinerate

With 5hrs in, I can say so far I like this game much more than ME3. Combat is spot on and difficult yet challenging. I literally had to avoid a fight because I was getting destroyed. And there is no medi-gel either. Squad commands are trash compared to the past, but they actually will kill the enemies effectively this time rather than being the typical "chip-damage ally" that we get in pretty much every shooter so commanding them to attack is a smart idea. I didn't experience any face-animation problems, but the eye animations were choppy. You can definitely tell it wasn't the main team making the game because their biggest focus in their animations since ME1 was the eyes. I like the characters so far. It really does feel like a young cast and I believe the timeskips in next installment(s) (if the Ryders are still the MC in the next installment(s)) will be longer than they were in the original trilogy. Though I miss being mean to people, they really hammered in the difference between Shepard and Ryder, so s/he will NOT feel like Shepard 2.0 at all. The Character Creater is extremely limited, so it's impossible to recreate your Shepard avatar as Ryder. And no, you can't make identical twins (which to be fair, they aren't identical twins storywise). The stuff about the Quarians, so far, is a huge catfish as the game explains where they are early in the game. The RPG elements feel like a mix of ME1, ME3, and KOTOR (looting). The music really is forgettable like most people say. I don't even remember any of it.

The fact that I'm like this more than ME3 so far is a good sign for me so far. However, my dislike of ME3 didn't really occur begin until the Grissom Academy Mission.

I own a copy of the trilogy bundle, but I only got around to finishing ME1. I wanted to replay to get the other trophies, but my first PS3 died on me. I just started ME2. I can't say I'm crazy about the combat, which makes wonder wonder how much better ME3 is, and why they included a multiplayer.

Last edited:
I the copy of the trilogy bundle, but I only got around to finishing ME1. I wanted to replay to get get the other trophies, but my first PS3 died on me. I'm just started ME2. I can't say I'm crazy about the combat, which makes wonder wonder how much better ME3 is, and why they included a multiplayer.

ME3 combat is much more fluid. You're able to sprint and roll

I swear Youtune comments make a man think.

Do you guys think ME:A gets a bunch of hate because its not traditionally apart of the trilogy?

Like if it was 40 years into the future in the same galaxy and we still had Liara, Garrus, Tali, etc with the same animation quality (updated), in the same galaxy taking on something different without Shepard do you think that would fly with fans?

Or is the hate justified through the presentation of the game itself? The animation, the choice of characters or the story line itself.

I keep seeing comments about how the writing is ranked from garbage to shit and I'm finding it hard to accept it that. ME:A is a new galaxy, you gotta set shit up within the game for it to feel like your a pioneer of some sort.

Like I can see the flaws but I'm still enjoying the game. Does that make me a blind fanboy?

I think it's because a shit-looking game with godawful animations, character models and textures. The animations in particular are just early 2000 levels.It's not just the facial animation, the walk cycles, idle animations suffer from this. When characters talk, they have like no body motion at all and just weirdly tilt around their head in a linear motion. It's like they used 2 to 3 keyframes for the head and that's it.

Lighting is awful, Source engine with by-then obsolete VRAD had better lighting than this.

The AI isn't great either. The game is buggy and has bad level design where you can fall through the ground or reach places you're not supposed to see. Models and NPCs pop in and out with no explanation. Bad voice acting and poor writing.

You also had that racist lead designer who was too busy on Twitter, with a bunch of SJW Tumblr developers who got hired for a quota fill, not based on their merit or experience. Also apparently a lot of senior developers have left the studio, which explains the half-assed work that was done. It looks like a college gamedev project running on Frostbite.

At least it gives us videos like this, had a such a laugh yesterday after a long week.

Last edited:
I've been playing for a while now, and I thoroughly enjoy the game. It's so much fun! My only gripes with it is the lack of gay male romances and that the characters' eyes sometimes flicker to the sides, like they're moving too fast. I haven't had any other janky graphical glitches yet though.

Oh, and the character customization is SEVERELY lacking compared to Dragon Age: Inquisition... what the f#ck happened there, Bioware?! XD
Seriously, it's so bad...

So I chose the default male face for Ryder, which actually looks cute. I also used the default face for Shepard for the same reasons. It's too bad though, because DA:I's character customization was really good! Sure, you could only remodel the facial area and not so much the body-type, but you had different races to choose from then. If you wanted a big buff guy, you went with a qunari. And if you wanted a skinny little dude, you went with an elf. Short fat dude, go dwarf! And same with the female options.

You are restricted to be only human in ME:A though, so they should have at least kept the CC from DA:I... It's a disappointment.

But it's a beautiful game, the gameplay is good - even one such as me who don't play FPS games AND the fact I am playing it on PS4 (I kinda need my mouse and keyboard, but my laptop wouldn't be able to run the game) can still have a good time with the game without too much trouble. Just glad that there's aim-assist. XD

The story is also very interesting this far. I won't go into it to avoid spoilers, but the story has captivated me so far and I hope it will continue to do so.

Some Adept action. So far the standard human classes are my fav with the Vanguard being my absolute fav. I find it funny that the MP females are all more attractive than Female Ryder. Anyway, MP is a blast to play. If anyone wants a real life hero on their team(yes, I'm actually a hero in real life ;) ) hit me up. I'm still on Bronze because my characters are still low level but I should be on Silver soon.

Sometimes when I play certain games, it makes me wonder where people stopped playing in the games because the experiences they tend to dislike about most games seem to fade away at later parts in the game. Eos is probably the worse representation of this game because directly after it, the game actually gets a heck of a lot better and a bit faster. The party members are also a bit more interesting, though because they're younger they do tend to act like the modern day millennials which can be a bit cringy (whereas Shepard's crew was a lot older and more mature). Another crazy thing about this game is that it feels a lot like ME1, but at the same time it feels nothing like ME1.

Now one thing I do understand wholeheartly (just as I did with the Batman v Superman and Final Fantasy XV situation) is that with 5 years of hype over this game, I can see pretty easily why most people really hate this game. If it wasn't for my slightly depressing experience with DAI and the lowering of my expectations after my disdain of ME3, I'd probably dislike this game just as much as, if not more than, everyone else.

I avoid every tidbit of informatiin of this game prior of its release. I didn't want to know anything until I got my hands on it. Makes the experience more enjoyable

I swear Youtune comments make a man think.

Do you guys think ME:A gets a bunch of hate because its not traditionally apart of the trilogy?

Like if it was 40 years into the future in the same galaxy and we still had Liara, Garrus, Tali, etc with the same animation quality (updated), in the same galaxy taking on something different without Shepard do you think that would fly with fans?

Or is the hate justified through the presentation of the game itself? The animation, the choice of characters or the story line itself.

I keep seeing comments about how the writing is ranked from garbage to shit and I'm finding it hard to accept it that. ME:A is a new galaxy, you gotta set shit up within the game for it to feel like your a pioneer of some sort.

Like I can see the flaws but I'm still enjoying the game. Does that make me a blind fanboy?

Half of the comments on Youtube make my head hurt....so full of venom and rarely thoughtful.

Blind fanboys are people who don't see flaws in their favorite game and/or making unfair and inconsistent judgements with other titles. They often know little about the games they hate or even the ones they favor. For example, I often hear about Virtua Fighter fanboys complaining about dial-a-combos in Tekken. Yet, they don't realize not all strings in Tekken are true combos and Virtua Fighter has preset strings as well.

That being said, you don't have to agree with the opinion of the majority. A game can have many or serious flaws, but maybe there is something about it that makes you enjoy the overall experience. Your experience with the game is yours alone.

Last edited:
Sometimes when I play certain games, it makes me wonder where people stopped playing in the games because the experiences they tend to dislike about most games seem to fade away at later parts in the game. Eos is probably the worse representation of this game because directly after it, the game actually gets a heck of a lot better and a bit faster. The party members are also a bit more interesting, though because they're younger they do tend to act like the modern day millennials which can be a bit cringy (whereas Shepard's crew was a lot older and more mature). Another crazy thing about this game is that it feels a lot like ME1, but at the same time it feels nothing like ME1.

100% agree. After Eos, the story becomes a lot more interesting. Also, when you have total freedom to choose whatever class power you want, gameplay becomes insanely fun. Right now, I'm rolling with a cloaking vanguard. Ridiculous!

I would still like for them to improve the character creator tho.

Usually, someone finds a flaw, rants about it, and then thousands of people jump on the bandwagon and deems the game completely unplayable and the worst crap ever just because of that one flaw, ignoring everything else that is actually good.

So yeah, haters gonna hate.

Then there's the opposite though, who sees a game to be flawless, ignoring the bad things in the game and defending it as if it is the perfect game of all time, even though it has graphic glitches and such.

All blind fanboys.

Personally, I don't deny that the game has flaws. But I still have fun playing it. So I don't really care what other people says.