Mass Effect Thread ~ We'll bang okay?

BBBLP

Robot Rock
One stop shop for all things ME. Speak of your thoughts, hopes, wishlists, gripes, experiences, multiplayer loadouts, builds, strategy what have you.

Personally, I feel as if 3 is the grand daddy of the trilogy. Granted I have yet to play 1. Three was an unforgettable experience for me. Shepard actually became a character rather than a nexus for the plots to co exist. He had emotion, personal problems and good animations. Those recurring nightmares showed inner conflict in him. Also the Tali relationship is the best in the game. They actually have meaningful dialogue during missions as opposed to just tacked on flirty one liners in conversations.

As for Multiplayer, holy shit am I addicted. I started off with a Turian Sentinel and did a Platinum challenge. Thank the Protheans my squadmates were badasses and were able to carry my useless ass lol. I went from level 1 to 18 in one match. Then with the credits from that I unlocked the N7 Destroyer. Dude is a tank-man hybrid. I got him to level 20, but had to keep doing bronze challenges because my weapons sucked. Finally I got an Indra, the full auto sniper. And after many experiments with side weapons I have gottens, I finally got some that I love, the Mattock and the Geth Pulse Rifle.

I don't use the Destroyer as much anymore. Mostly the Quarian Infiltrator and sometimes the Quarian Marksman. So far I've promoted soldier class 3 times

Love love love this series. I would suggest playing the first although the gameplay is no where near as good as 2 or 3, the story is still very good though. I don't understand why the ending got so much flak. Bioware added on to them making them more significant and emotional and is definitely one, if not the best series I've ever played. I had the Tali relationship as well.

I hope the series is discontinued.

Gripes? Everything.

Thoughts? It sucks.

Experiences? Mind-blowingly horrible.

Multiplayer? LOL.

<3

I hope the series is discontinued.

Gripes? Everything.

Thoughts? It sucks.

Experiences? Mind-blowingly horrible.

Multiplayer? LOL.

<3

Why are you here again?

I really don't think I need to tell people here how much I love this series. Likewise, I doubt it is necessary to state who is undoubtedly the greatest character not just in the series, but in the entire history of video games.

The ending to Mass Effect 3 absolutely infuriated me, I dropped the whole series for about half a year, and only just recently started playing through the first game again. I have yet to touch ME3 since I finished the campaign for the first time, but before I ran bawling away from my TV at the sight of that horrid ending, I was pretty kickass in multiplayer. However, I have like none of the multiplayer DLC, have no idea what they've added, and when I do eventually get back to that game, I'll probably be entirely amazed with what they've done with it.

Still think they should have recalled the game, ditched the deus ex machina ending, come up with something meaningful that actually reflected the choices you made throughout the series, and banished the traffic light to the netherealm, but apparently major game developing corporations can't afford to do that kind of thing. Who'd a thought it?

But regardless of how unquestionably, undeniably, irreparably, unbelievably, undoubtedly, stupendously, ridiculously, astronomically, excessively, tremendously, immensely, monstrously, colossally, prodigiously, titanically, unimaginably, unprecedentedly, unthinkably, singularly, astonishingly, astoundingly, breathtakingly, monumentally, overwhelmingly, staggeringly, terribly, incontestably, unquestionably, absolutely, decidedly, positively, unequivocally, unmistakably, incontrovertibly, indisputably, indubitably, strikingly, ostensibly, naturally, mindblowingly, horrid and awful and rage inducing and just plain disgusting the ending to the third game was, I still retain my love for the series.

But yeah. The conclusion REALLY sucked. Like, REALLY REALLY sucked. How much did it really suck? It was horrendously, spectacularly, rage-inducingly, horridly...

With the ending, I just pretend the indoctrination theory is cannon and extended cut never happened. (EC did improve the ending, but it disproved the indoctrination theory)

Spoiler:

Voicing my opinion that you strive to have pass through your eyes.

Not even trolling, besides a creative story, I hate this series. I owned Mass Effect 1, and tried 2 and 3.

I couldn't even finish 1.

I hated the gameplay.

The characters.

Mechanics.

Everything. Only thing I enjoyed was selecting my speech, because that's how it was with KOTR (which was an amazing game).

This series blows, big time.

But to each their own, or however that shiz goes.

'kay.

ME3 Gamer poops are hilarious.

"I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is my rectum"

Toxic, have you played with the extended ending?

I love the ending, so, god, damned much. Though I've never seen the original plain version, and I never want to. Perfect end to one of the greatest gaming series of this and every generation.

Also Toxic you NEED the MP dlc. Its free and adds so much boss ass shit like new characters, weapons and equipment.

Also how do you guys feel about the Leviathan dlc? I think that should have been in the game at launch, it explains the whole reason why the Mass Effect storyline exists in the first place! And the Prothean squadmate, should have been in the game.

Miz can say what it pleases. I despise Resident Evil, and he knows he cannot change my mind. So I see it the same for he and ME

However I must disagree with Miz about Mass Effect's multiplayer being lackluster. The multiplayer is boss hog. With 6 classes and at least 8 unique races in each class, there are tons of ways to play. My only problem is with the weapon acquiring. I don't like the fact that its baseball card pack random. I would prefer for either a shop or at the very least, the ability to trade gear with other players. I have some great Ultra Rare class weapons I'll never use.

It's funny that Bioware really copied off of Star Control II and put it in a third person shooter setting. I mean look at this speech compared to Sovereign's speech in ME1.

I'm surprised that anyone would mention Star Control. I got the game via GOG not too long ago. I'm still trying to get a hang of the controls and interface.

Back to the topic, I'm kind of on the fence about whether or not I should pick up a copy of ME. I tried the demo of one of the games, which honestly left me cold.

FINALLY got a geth character in MP. The soldier class Geth Trooper <3

I'm speccing out Flamer and Hunter Mode. I need some sheild regeneration equipment. I can tear through enemies, but my shields are at half strength when I activate Hunter Mode.

In MP, my probably most hated enemy is the Phantom. Their hand beams DESTROY my shields and health. Plus their one hit kill capability is bullshit.

FINALLY got a geth character in MP. The soldier class Geth Trooper <3

I'm speccing out Flamer and Hunter Mode. I need some sheild regeneration equipment. I can tear through enemies, but my shields are at half strength when I activate Hunter Mode.

In MP, my probably most hated enemy is the Phantom. Their hand beams DESTROY my shields and health. Plus their one hit kill capability is bullshit.

Phantoms are so damn annoying. But my most hated enemy has to be either the Ravagers or the Geth Hunter. Rocket Troopers are assholes too though.

I like the Geth Trooper shit is beast, although I specced mine for Hunter Mode and Fortification. I use him as more of a heavy weapons user.

Some of my favorite characters are the N7 Fury, N7 Slayer, N7 Shadow, Asari Valkyrie, Asari Huntress, and the Phoenix Vanguard. Overall I mainly prefer the Biotic classes, but there are some awesome tech classes too.

Still play ME2 occasionally, same with #1. But I play 2 with a Save editor so I don't have to do that boring ass planet scanning. TBH, I do not know why they even included such a feature.

Why all of a sudden that my Shepard's past is not brought up again in ME2? Why did Mac not humanize the character and what was the point of killing him/her off only to bring him/her back again? It's just pure sensationalism.

Why all of a sudden that my Shepard's past is not brought up again in ME2? Why did Mac not humanize the character and what was the point of killing him/her off only to bring him/her back again? It's just pure sensationalism.

I did not understand any of this. None at all. Who the hell is Mac?