Mass Effect Thread ~ We'll bang okay?

LOL! XD
Can't wait to get this game myself, to experience it in all its glory.
Like with Bethesda, these bugs and such are kinda part of the experience in Bioware games. They did promise a patch though, not sure when it comes out though.

LOL! XD
Can't wait to get this game myself, to experience it in all its glory.
Like with Bethesda, these bugs and such are kinda part of the experience in Bioware games. They did promise a patch though, not sure when it comes out though.

Graphical glitches have been common, but otherwise I haven't ran into many serious issues with the few Bioware games I played. The exception was Dragon Age: Origins where the memory leak slows the game to the point of being unplayable as you play longer and progress further.

As for Bethesda, I have been hesitant about picking up a copy of Fallout 4 because their games have became increasingly unstable.

Last edited:
Some of these are brutal :rofl:

The infamous punch is still my favorite

930.gif

Like a really badly executed WWE punch

There was head, eyebows, and even torso movement during dialogue sequences in ME1. There is strangely very little of it in Andromedra. This goes to show that a shiny new game engine isn't a replacement for good craftsmanship.

That being said, graphics and animation is not a deal breaker for me. There are definitely games that are worse in that department, but considering what Andromeda's predecessors achieved before, it is a letdown.

Last edited:
The crab walk was my favorite before but holy shit the Donkey Kong comparison is too much for me :rofl:

I've thought about it and I think I'm bold enough to say that I'm still going to buy this game Day 1. Hopefully it either gets fixed or the gameplay/story help me overlook it entirely

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The crab walk was my favorite before but holy shit the Donkey Kong comparison is too much for me :rofl:

I've thought about it and I think I'm bold enough to say that I'm still going to buy this game Day 1. Hopefully it either gets fixed or the gameplay/story help me overlook it entirely

(sigh...) I want this game to be good but it's been in development for so long (bioware announced it officialy in 2015 but it been in development for 4 yrs) I have this bad feeling EA got tired of waiting and forced the development team to push the game out the door. I hope I'm wrong (and I desperately hope I am) but EA could be sending this franchise to die just like they did with dead space 3. Mass effect 1 holds a special place in my heart as one the best western rpgs of all time and it would really suck to see it not make the numbers EA deems profitable enough to keep the franchise going. People are still very wary because of the way mass effect 3 ended. Bioware has a lot to prove here. A few bugs can be patched but a bad game can't.

Some odd animations doesn't mean the game is bad though. It just looks wonky. :p
Look at Skyrim. It's chuckfull of bugs all over the place. Or rather, it was when it was first released, but there's still some in the game. Does that make it a bad game? Hells no! It's still a fantastic game even to this day.

ebfPrPx.gif

HA HA HA HA HA! ! !

man NRS got so much shit for doing manfaces and whatnot, this just takes the cake and then some lmao
probably one of the worst character models and animations i have seen

Bioware is arguably past its golden age over a decade ago, back when they produced Baldur's Gate 2 (a classic in the RPG genre) and KOTOR. I can't tell if EA's intervention or Bioware's own hubris is to blame.

Also, in reference to my previous post....

sqnpjlu2u5loac38fa5y.gif

Personally, I think the character models in Andromeda are actually alright. However, the animation is a lot less lively than its predecessors.

Last edited:
I can understand something is amiss with some of the animations, especially when it comes to faces. But a backwards gun....how did that happen?

Some odd animations doesn't mean the game is bad though. It just looks wonky. :p
Look at Skyrim. It's chuckfull of bugs all over the place. Or rather, it was when it was first released, but there's still some in the game. Does that make it a bad game? Hells no! It's still a fantastic game even to this day.

Skyrim and Mass Effect tell their stories in vastly different ways. Bad animations can destroy immersion in Mass Effect. There shouldn't be anything distracting me from the dialogue, which is arguably more important than the combat in a Mass Effect game. If I feel put off by how awkward a character is looking, especially when I'm subconsciously comparing them to superior past examples, then I'm likely to be taken out of the experience as a whole. The stakes don't mean as much to me as a player

The trilogy of ME games were incredible. The story at certain points was so immersive, that it caused me to make decisions that hindered the gameplay. Heroic actions to save virtual lives that cost me credits, an edge in combat or a weapon upgrade. The need to keep my space hero as close to my virtual ideals as I could was so important because of how I felt about the characters. Something I'm worried I wont feel in this new game. I can forgive bad graphics, but bad animations are fatal to a game like this imo.

im getting it on day 1. i havent looked up anything about it other than a video months ago. i cant wait!! grrrr this is going to be 2 long days for me.

My review is kind of bias towards liking this game.

The combat is pretty cool with switching power load outs on the fly. Also enemies can swarm you so fire fights are more fluent and punish you for staying in one spot for too long.

I heard people about diversity in ME and its really a stupid nitpick. Seeing different races of human and a mixture of accents makes Andromeda feel like a new galaxy from the trilogy.

I know [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] you said you didn't know how yoi would feel about the new characters but I think you'll dig your Krogan and Vetra. Your human squadmates, Liam and Cora, show promise with Liam being a laid back professional and Cora being a reserved dreamer. Though she is showing minor signs of Ashley so I'll have to talk to her more (still gonna dick her down).

You really have to find shit to level up. The scanner slows down the game but it doesn't make it unbearable. In fact, you get use to it and think to yourself, "wonder if I can scan that." You can either mine by Nomad or via planet like 2 and 3.

Speaking of Nomad, its like ME 1 but without the crazy mountain climbing. Still not sure if its a pro or a con cause it was kind of fun in 1 to bounce around all over the place

The facial animations are not a major deal breaker. The segments that you see all over the net are in there however, its not like that every step of the way. I ran into one lip synch issue but regular conversations are tolerable. Also worth to note is that there is an over the shoulder camera angle when talking to npcs that you'll either like or dislike. I don't mind it but I still have to get use to it.

A personal theory that I have that explains why the facial animations are this way is because the environments are fvcking beautiful. When you open the galaxy map or go into one of the Remnant vaults it is spectacular. Its clear the presentation went to most of the environment and combat while the conversation animation took a seat in the back.

The two big cons that I saw were that the desert planet had to load some instances of bushes or rocks while I drove in the nomad and that the framerate drops in some cutscenes.

Overall, I'm having a ball exploring, fighting, talking and learning everything about this new galaxy. The story is similar to ME1 in which your in this grand position that you must earn a reputation for friends and foes alike. The funny thing is that after 7 hours of playing, with an one hour break, I only have 11% done lol.

I've banged

So you're saying it's a game where if you go in wanting to like it, you'll like it? And Vice Versa?
I'm a fan of plenty of games people don't vibe with, so I'm sure I'll be able to find enjoyment myself. I too was thinking Vetra and Krogan dude would be my faves. Shame the variety isn't there tho. Would've liked a stowaway Geth or something a bit more exotic, but I'll take what I can get.

Thanks amigo, just needed to hear a review from someone who I knew loved the series. I'm gonna get it. Not sure when, cause Persona/Injustice lol, but it is the next thing on my radar :bandit: :slug:

That's exactly what I'm saying boss. I haven't touched multiplayer by the way, been digging the campaign way too much.