Mass Effect Thread ~ We'll bang okay?

Playing ME1 for the very first time now that it's a downloadable game on PSN. So far, so decent, though I think I've gone to a main planet out of order and am badly getting my ass whoop'd. Doing my first playthrough as Fem-Shep. :D

Started playing again today. Got the new MP pack. Saw I had a free gift in the store, opened it and fucjking got the playable Geth Prime. Named him Legion II

Guy is a TANK. Literally. He is slow as shit, can't take cover and can't sprint. But his powers are ultra OP. He has this ability that lets him store charges in his platform. 3 shots default. I maxed it out and it kills any infantry unit in one shot. And his Hex shield is alright. It blocks all projectiles, including yours, so I can't see a point to it other than defending an objective. Also has a turret.

I love towering over everyone too. I hopped into a game where Geth were the enemy, everyone kept shooting at me :laugh:

Bitcshes be jealous :mullet:

Leviathan is awesome story wise, and provides a huge boost to your war assets, but you could watch a walkthrough of it and have the same experience

Omega provides 2 new powers Shep can learn and has a very interesting story. Shows a female Taurian

Ashes gives you a new squadmate and adds an assload of story content, provided you are willing to talk to everyone

Haven't played the Citadel

Low you got lucky as hell I want that Geth Juggernaut so badly

I got the EDI Infiltrator, she is really good but I don't really like playing her. Her Repair Matrix basically makes you invincible for 15 seconds, if you die you instantly get back up like if you used medigel.

Got the Talon Merc too, I don't really like him though. His Omnibow is cool but it kinda sucks.

I was feeling like re-playing ME3 myself, and originally I was just gonna buy the Citadel DLC, but I decided to get a PSN card and buy Omega as well.

Leviathan doesn't look too exciting, so I passed on it, but w/ Aria being in Omega (plus that story thread) and Citadel basically being Shepard's and ME3's sendoff, I pretty much had to play them. I might start a whole new playthrough too.

So far, one of the Bioware guys asked fans if they wanted ME4 to be a prequel or a sequel. What do you guys think? I personally would prefer a sequel just so I can see what happens post-ME3. Prequel wouldn't be bad though; showing what happens pre-ME1 (mainly the Point-Contact War) would be awesome.

MKray d you know the story of Leviathan? You should at least watch a playthrough of it or something. It explains the whole reason the ME trilogy exists in the first place. The origin of the Reapers.

I am conflicted. If there is a sequel,, that means there is conflict. I'd like to think that everything stayed calm after Shepard's end game decisions. And I hate prequels, feels like a setback.

So I'd go with sequel. I want to see the changes.
Spoiler:
Did the Krogan being cured actually backfire? How are the Quarians and Geth working out. How can there be conflict when Shepard (potentially) controls the Reapers?

I haven't played it, but I'm fairly certain it involves Shepard saying 'screw you' to catalyst kid and everybody dying as a result.

I thought that just came with the Extended Cut DLC? You might be right though.

I though about Leviathan, but after I saw your post BB I decided to go ahead and buy it, so now I have all the DLCs. I'm gonna start off w/ Leviathan and work my way to Citadel. So far Leviathan is ok.

I just think that a sequel would be perfect considering all the routes people can/have chose. If they allow us to transfer save data to next-gen consoles (which I think they are more than likely do) it'll be interesting to see how they shape the game according to the end-game decisions.

The Citadel DLC is the best by far, to be honest I really didn't like the Omega DLC. Omega added a beastly bonus power though, so that's pretty cool.

Leviathan was interesting and provided a lot of answers, but the Citadel DLC just blows both the of them away. The Citadel DLC actually made me want to start a new playthrough of ME2 and import it to ME3 (I imported one of my ME1 saves). I'm probably gonna romance Jack.

Is Citadel really that good? What exactly does it add to the game?

I was really disappointed with the Jack romance. Two kissing scenes and you call it a day. I wonder if they added anything to the Tali one. Best one imo. The game's ending almost made me want to cry because of it :cry:

Is Citadel really that good? What exactly does it add to the game?

I was really disappointed with the Jack romance. Two kissing scenes and you call it a day. I wonder if they added anything to the Tali one. Best one imo. The game's ending almost made me want to cry because of it :cry:

You get to reunite with all your old squadmates, there is a bunch of minigames you get access to once you beat the missions, and you get to throw a big party for the whole crew. It also gives you extra scenes for your romance options and there is this sweet arena place that lets you get a bunch of credits and a in new armor set (with a shit ton of stat boosts). It just felt like an overall better experience than both Leviathan and Omega, and had some pretty funny moments.

Nevermind, just watched the trailer. I'm getting the second my PS3 is online again. Love it love it love it. I wish all games allowed this much interaction with their characters. Bioware already said this was the last hoorah for Shepard and Co.

Best way to close it all imo

I think I saw Koliat in the trailer.

Is it better to do this early on before the story casualties happen? DOES LEGION COME IF YOU DO IT WHILE HE'S ON YOUR SHIP?!?!?

So many questions. I must have this

I think I saw Koliat in the trailer.

Is it better to do this early on before the story casualties happen? DOES LEGION COME IF YOU DO IT WHILE HE'S ON YOUR SHIP?!?!?

So many questions. I must have this

Sadly I don't think Legion can join you, it seems like the best time to throw the party would be right before the last missions. You can just do the Citadel DLC missions and wait a while to throw your party.

Sadly I don't think Legion can join you, it seems like the best time to throw the party would be right before the last missions. You can just do the Citadel DLC missions and wait a while to throw your party.

I've finally got a job. It's like 70 bucks a weeks for six hours of work a week, so I can finally afford this stuff!