Discuss why this is the best MK of the entire series.

Trilogy and UMK3 are about the same for me

As for as the 3D games go, MK4 is my favorite

I don't really like the actual gameplay of either Deception or Deadly Alliance but I give those a pass because of atmosphere, story and the extras

I had to double check after reading the replies in this thread - I don't believe the title said 'Discuss why this ISN'T the best MK..."

If you don't feel that this is the best, even though many folks do, why waste your time and space for others to discuss it on a forum where you can discuss other titles in their respective sections?

I don't get see the need to be touchy about others who choose to express opinion that is different from the majority or OP, especially when no one here was being particularity disrespectful. Discussions are far more interesting when we hear all sides of the argument, not just the stuff of you like to hear/read.

I don't get see the need to be touchy about others who choose to express opinion that is different from the majority or OP, especially when no one here was being particularity disrespectful. Discussions are far more interesting when we hear all sides of the argument, not just the stuff of you like to hear/read.

Yep. It's more of a point/counter-point deal. I don't mind people chiming in on this topic and expressing their opinion on the game because thats what makes the thread fun to be a part of. If I wanted a serious title, I wouldn't have made it "Why it is the best", because that's just down right douchey and implying that my opinion is the best opinion and lets face it, we can never be serious for the most part here.

Deadly Alliance had the best extras

I can back this. The Krypt in that game had more easter eggs than Deception and it was great getting most of them (especially Cooking with Scorpion and the comic pages). Unlocking characters with koins instead of keys was also better.

MK II introduced all the best characters IMO and on top of that it had their best looks for the most part (Jax with the metal arms and purple pants looked better than his MK II look tho) also the best stages atmosphere wise. The story also had a more interesting feel to it than the random invasion mayhem of 3 and it complemented the tournament of MK 1.

Too many people let nostalgia take over. MK1 revolutionized gaming, but had the game come out today, I wouldn't give it a second glance. Its boring as shit.

There fixed it for ya. ;)
If the game had come out today with MK9 graphics and gameplay, and had the original 7 characters, I'd still f*** with that.
YOU think it's boring as shit, but not everyone does.
Inb4 "You have terrible taste" or "You must love bring games, then." :rolleyes:

If the game had come out today with MK9 graphics and gameplay, and had the original 7 characters, I'd still f*** with that.

And if all characters (except Kano and Sonya) were S Tier.

If it had MK9 graphics and gameplay it would be a completely different game now wouldn't it?

Sorry that I don't like hop kicking and uppercutting all day.

If it had MK9 graphics and gameplay it would be a completely different game now wouldn't it?

Sorry that I don't like hop kicking and uppercutting all day.

Oh man, you have never played MK1 at its highest level. Neither have I but Its all about constant blocking, sweeps, low punching hoping you opponent has forgotten to hold back whilst blocking so you can land a crippling throw.

MK9 hands down, it takes everything that other games offered and modernizes them into a deep completive fighter. I love the way the game handles meter management, cans the shitty run button in favor of a more defensive MK2 style while still allowing rush down, uses a breaker system and last but not least returns MK to its former glory in the completive 2D fighting scene. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but i believe it's the most flushed out and evolved of all the MK's to date.

I like MK9 for gameplay the best.

Meter Managament is top notch.
Simple fun combo system.
Decent mix up game.
Improved footsies because of movment
Chip damage on block being ridiculous calls for fast paced games.

i like MK4 most because my contry play this most,if you ask some one in my contry,they will know,my contry is stick with this game 10 year but with the name"Rồng Đen" more than Mortal Kombat !

i also like MKA and MKD !

MK2 have allmost every iconic character in it, best arenas from 2D generation, good story, good amount of secrets, most of the best fatalities in history. Of course it's the best MK game.
From 3D games, MKDA is the best: best story, best arenas, best music, best arcade, best secrets. The two things they could do better: number of special moves per character, fatalities.

you guys are crazy! MK2 was the best out of the entire series.. the second best was MK Trilogy but only because it mashed up all the characters into one game and made up for what MK3 and UMK3 lacked. Even on Sega Genesis port, i found MK2 to be enjoyable.. now that i have the the closest arcade port from MKSM, it's even better.. i remember when MK4 came out, i was about 8 or 9 years old and when i first played it, i thought it was garbage and hated the 3D route they were going. never been a fan of any MK games after #4

I say MK3 is too dark and a little avant-garde what with all the combos and the running, and MK 1 is good but a little wet behind the ears but, this one...is just in the meaty part of the curve. This game is hilarious and these soundbites still make me laugh, like when Shao Kahn laughs at the most inappropriate time or how "toasty" pops up randomly, and of course, the soundbite for when either a man is impaled through the roof spikes, or when he get knocked into the deadpool. This game isn't perfect, it has glitches but these glitches are a large part of what makes it so great. For example, have you ever noticed that Kung Lao cannot defend himself against Raiden when he (Raiden) performs the "Flying God" move? Or how Shao Kahn cannot defend himself against Shang-Tsung's dropkicks? Perhaps they aren't glitches though! Maybe it was programmed that way. It is this uncertainty that keeps me playing 20 years later.

MKT or even mk2.....beat MK Trilogy on my PHONE using a N64 emulator....beat the last tower with scorpion,rain,noob, and smoke.But on the other hand mk2 was FANTASTIC except for the AI I swear I can't get pass the 5th opponent because all they do is block and spam high punch -,-

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk