the online MK9 community

kabal is the only character who is ranked S+tier on Test Your Might even against Lao it's argued a 6-5 in kabals favor
there's no other character that is evenly match to him at the highest level. If there was characters that could hold their own against him than REO wouldn't go 4 championships in a row using him IMO

6-4 matchup? There's nothing to complain about. If you complain about a 6-4 matchup, you're a crybaby. Not every matchup is in your favour, deal with it.

I know Kabal hasn't got any bad matchups, but if thats really a problem to you, pick up Kabal yourself. Rather than writing walls of text complaining about how bad the match up is, spend the time learning the matchup. Why waste your time complaining about something that won't get fixed.

6-4 matchup? There's nothing to complain about. If you complain about a 6-4 matchup, you're a crybaby. Not every matchup is in your favour, deal with it.

I know Kabal hasn't got any bad matchups, but if thats really a problem to you, pick up Kabal yourself. Rather than writing walls of text complaining about how bad the match up is, spend the time learning the matchup. Why waste your time complaining about something that won't get fixed.

I'm sorry if you think that facts come off as complaining about kabal I don't care if I lose to a high level kabal like scar he's a tournament player I'm not...it's simple as that all. There is no way in hell mileena can win this match and I wish I hadn't wasted 10 matches learning the hardway thats what is damn frustrating for me that my main can't win at the highest level! My time and energy I put into my main is important to me and being put into a situation where none that matters is a hard pill to swallow I know there are players who just jump ship to another character I know the kabal match up but it doesn't matter sure I could just pick kabal but I want mileena to win and thats what I'm trying to say. If that's whining than so be it don't read it.

Last edited:
Maybe it isn't Mileena herself who should level up, but rather your Mileena, should be the one who is grinding it out.

Maybe it isn't Mileena herself who should level up, but rather your Mileena, should be the one who is grinding it out.

This.

Coming from a guy who mains Stryker, and mains Phoenix Wright in UMvC3, a win is always possible. Tough to achieve, but is possible.

Low Tiers <3

Maybe but unless you are fighting scar yourself you have no idea how bad this really is and everyone knows skill is never measured through online play. I feel like I'm playing Mileena at her full potential given the circumstances but I've made peace with the realization that some match ups are just not worth the headache to get maybe one win out of 5 matches. I've grinded Mileena to the point that my Hori pad doesn't work anymore and to say that I suck and the match is not as bad as i'm making it out to be is insulting to scar who I'm sure put in a lot of time getting that good with Kabal.

As a Kano main, that match up is 9-1 in Kabal's favour. Sometimes you have to accept that your best is not good enougb and a counterpick is necessary. It is whining. Fair enough, you're frustrated that Kabal has the advantage and no matter how much you grind, he always will BUT there is no point complaining when NRS aren't gonna fix the game. If you wanna whine about something, whine about something that has a chance of being fixed, otherwise just suck it up.

Dude... You completely missed my point.

I fought pig's kenshi with noob saibot. It's 5-5. I lost but I took a few rounds and overall did ok against a top level. If you compared my performance to dizzy vs pig. I would look like I'm better than dizzy but I'm not by a long shot.

I'm just saying you're possibly overhyping kabal just a bit, cuz you play a character that gets handled by rushdown characters.

No offense but you fought my friend akromaniac remember? He bodied me and my crewmate and you with mileena. Meaning you also like me, have a long way to go with your character.

Last edited:
Dude... You completely missed my point.

I fought pig's kenshi with noob saibot. It's 5-5. I lost but I took a few rounds and overall did ok against a top level. If you compared my performance to dizzy vs pig. I would look like I'm better than dizzy but I'm not by a long shot.

I'm just saying you're possibly overhyping kabal just a bit, cuz you play a character that gets handled by rushdown characters.

No offense but you fought my friend akromaniac remember? He bodied me and my crewmate and you with mileena. Meaning you also like me, have a long way to go with your character.
Akromanic is an exceptional player but I only fought him that one time doing KOTH so I think it's a little too early to rate my performance I love to 1 vs 1 him sometime in the future!! I've fought scar several times and have come to the same conclusion every time IMO it's 8-2 in Kabals favor even death (Top mileena player)on TYM agrees.
I don't think I'm over hyping Kabal at all because scar is not your typical scrub kabal who just spits gas blast and spams spins Please critical fight scar if you get the chance than come back to continue this debate.

Last edited:
Akromanic is an exceptional player but I only fought him that one time doing KOTH so I think it's a little too early to rate my performance I love to 1 vs 1 him sometime in the future!! I've fought scar several times and have come to the same conclusion every time IMO it's 8-2 in Kabals favor even death (Top mileena player)on TYM agrees.
I don't think I'm over hyping Kabal at all because scar is not your typical scrub kabal who just spits gas blast and spams spins Please critical fight scar if you get the chance than come back to continue this debate.

Dude, I'm not saying Scar wouldn't body me.

Ugh... let me think of how to explain this.

Ok Me and YOU BOTH FIGHT REO.

knowing full well we'll both fight REO and get bodied.

I have Skarlet, you have mileena.

While we both lose 5-0 to REO.

Atleast I took a few rounds, while you maybe took 1.

This would happen because YOUR CHARACTER makes him look more OP than he probably is.

Trust me Dude, I've been playing competitive games for a long time.

My first Tournament was a SSBM tournament, I went there fully expecting to be able to beat the #1 Guy Ken.

I went there... and I got 4-stocked (which is like a perfect in smash/flawless victory in smash) by a guy, who got 4-stocked by a guy, who 4 stocked me.

Ken >4stocked> Chudat >4stocked> Chaddd >4Stocked> Me

Now naturally this time Marth was dominant. And I was like Holy hell Marth is so gay I think I'll main him. At that time I mained a character that get's countered by Marth HARD.

So I make the switch... not realizing there is a beast matchup of Fox/Shiek he has to deal with. while he at the time was still dominant. He took more work to be dominant. and I completely missed the point, that maybe it wasn't 100% Ken, that made Marth seem OP. Maybe it was the matchup I was playing as well as the skill difference.

Now-a-days. Marth is no longer top, he's like Mid-tier now. Still tournament viable, point is...

If I had mained SHIEK instead of that character that loses to Marth hardcore. I would've still lost, but I wouldn't have instantly thought that Marth at highest level is too rape. and I might've remained a shiek main. But because of my crap character choice against marth. I chose marth after the tournmant, because of my mis-representation of what happened from my perspective.

I would love to fight Scar though, but I'm just making a point that even if his kabal bodies me. it doesn't prove anything because lets be serious here... I play B rank characters, and kabal blows my characters up as badly as your mileena.

I would love to fight Scar though, but I'm just making a point that even if his kabal bodies me. it doesn't prove anything because lets be serious here... I play B rank characters, and kabal blows my characters up as badly as your mileena.
Mileena is considered bottom of the A tier list but i still win with her but despite this she has serious limitations and I'm ok with that because in the end it makes me a better player (i'm sure you feel the same way). When I lose I tend to over analyze the situation blaming myself for every little thing I did wrong but now thanks to scar boding me I don't think that way anymore. Tier list really do matter when you're playing a high level player and thats why for now on I'm second maining Kenshi against every kabal that I fight but I have a lot of leveling up to do before my Kenshi will touch scar's Kabal. The match is considered 5-5 at the highest level according to REO
I don't want you to fight scar just so I can say I told you so because like you said we both use mid tier characters instead I want you to fight him just for match up experience. I think you will have a blast watching him play. I personally can't wait to get bodied by him again because I learn something new every time about Scarlet and Kabal. It's one thing to watch a high level player on youtube or whatever but to actually get to play someone that good is a whole other experience entirely!

Mileena is considered bottom of the A tier list but i still win with her but despite this she has serious limitations and I'm ok with that because in the end it makes me a better player (i'm sure you feel the same way). When I lose I tend to over analyze the situation blaming myself for every little thing I did wrong but now thanks to scar boding me I don't think that way anymore. Tier list really do matter when you're playing a high level player and thats why for now on I'm second maining Kenshi against every kabal that I fight but I have a lot of leveling up to do before my Kenshi will touch scar's Kabal. The match is considered 5-5 at the highest level according to REO
I don't want you to fight scar just so I can say I told you so because like you said we both use mid tier characters instead I want you to fight him just for match up experience. I think you will have a blast watching him play. I personally can't wait to get bodied by him again because I learn something new every time about Scarlet and Kabal. It's one thing to watch a high level player on youtube or whatever but to actually get to play someone that good is a whole other experience entirely!

Exactly,

watching a match you don't actually see all the mind games. All you see are attacks whiffing and hitting.

So videos never do professional players justice.

Well here we go the online mk9 community is at it again

I'm in the local rooms looking for some matches when I get invited to a tag match by some guy named leather face I beat him the first match he sends me a pm telling me I'm a run away blah blah. He beats me the second time (due to lag but whatever he won) and immediately quits spamming messages about how he owned me on the room message board. I send him a pm asking if he would like to do a first of three he refuses claiming I'm not worth his time. If you quit after winning only one match you are a coward and are only fooling yourself so shouts out to Leather face may you stay forever free my friend.

LOL I BABIED LEATHER FACE!!!!!! :rofl: singles Cyrax -- Tag Cyrax/Reptile - Babied again! Went Mileena Rage quit! He sent a PM asking me to face him on my "real tag" I'm guessing my EMPR tag for a 1st to 5 lol

Edit: To avoid lag tactics, host the match.... Assuming you have a good connection.

Last edited:
LOL I BABIED LEATHER FACE!!!!!! :rofl: singles Cyrax -- Tag Cyrax/Reptile - Babied again! Went Mileena Rage quit! He sent a PM asking me to face him on my "real tag" I'm guessing my EMPR tag for a 1st to 5 lol

Edit: To avoid lag tactics, host the match.... Assuming you have a good connection.

I'm wired so I'm sure he's most likely wireless since the delay inputs was all over the place but honestly I don't want to fight this scrub if he's just going to run again waste of time.

is anyone able to play mk online atm? I played yesterday then tried all day today playing online but keep getting the no connection, check ethernet cable and router. Havent touched any wires and even set up my ps3 wireless to see if that would help, nothing. so its absolutely nothing on my end and ive read about people having the same problem recently.. ofc when i sell every other game i have besides mk9 and i cant play it now

MK9 online is very laggy, don't get me wrong, the game is excellent offline, but depending on your opponent's connection, it could be really laggy, but you could also get really good matches. I've experienced the game on both consoles, and it seems almost the same.