Persona 4: Arena

While I like it for the over dramatization, I hope we get the cover that shows Aigis German suplexing Yu. It was a bad ass cover.

Hopefully they cut out a part of the instant kill when it does the tv fuzz thing because yeah, it's pretty boring.

I'm just disappointed that they haven't changed the instant kills. Some new ones should have been added and not use the same ones from Arena.

So, Adachi's persona is an corrupted form of Izanagi?....Disappointing.

That was his Persona in Persona 4, Magatsu Izanagi.

Don't see how that is disappointing, lol

UOFLTNR.gif

I cannot wait to try out Adachi and Marie. Especially Marie since no one seems to like her in the Persona community lol.

P4AU intro.

With it released in Japan now, spoilers are going to be everywhere. It's going to be a loooooooooooong month.

I had a feeling Margaret would be playable....

I dig the new online lobby. They even have Rei and Zen as selectable avatars. Unfortunately, I'm moving a good distance away from work, which means even less time to play than I already do.

Last edited:
The game is really great so far, although I seriously don't understand how some of these people are so good with the new characters when the game has just came out. I got bodied by a Ken and a Junpei, so I'm just going to assume they were playing the Japanese version of the game or some shiz before release.

it'll amaze you how many hours some these folks put into training mode the moment they get with the addition of the select few that got their copy early, been play testers, quick learners, or all of the above

I heard of people who plan vacation time around the release of their video game of choice. Then there are people who just have a lot of time on their hands...the people who think games must have 60+ hours of gameplay.

I got my copy of the game, but I haven't got around to playing it yet.

I actually requested some days off around MKX's release lol.
I did the same thing for MK9 and Injustice.

The places where I work at are both understaffed, so I don't really have much of a choice on the matter. I prefer longer playing sessions without constant interruption (which are hard to come by these days), but I'll have settle for shorter bursts, which are thankfully easier to do with fighting games.

Last edited:
I actually requested some days off around MKX's release lol.
I did the same thing for MK9 and Injustice.

I did the same thing actually. I took the day off of school to play MK9 then the next day decided to ditch school again just to play more MK9.

There's so much music in this game, it's godlike. I like how the story is set up way better as well with this timeline-type format.

I love the music in the game. There's practically a song from each P3/P4 game.

I also really really REALLY dig the story timeline set up. The story is actually coherent and you can follow it really easy. P3 and P4 side of the story is set up in different chapters too. First you play through the P4 side then you unlock the P3 side of the story. It's a nice set up and I'm glad they saved the best chapter for last (not counting the Adachi chapter).

Challenge Mode seems to be a tad bit easier. You get 25 challenges on normal character then 5 challenges on the shadow type. So far I've gotten 22 out of 25 challenges done for norm Aki and 1 challenge done on ShaAki.

I've yet to try out Golden Arena mode to be honest for fear of spoilers. I still haven't beaten the P3 chapter so I won't bother with it until I fully beat the story. I did however kick the ever living fvck out of Score Attack. I'm completely done with Score Attack. I did all the trophies for it already just so I could get that beast out of the way.

Shadow types are a completely different beast from the norm types. It's definitely a nice addition and a nice change up from the normal cast.

It's unfortunate that Aki seemed to get a really unnecessary nerf. His auto combo doesn't do jack shit for damage but Yukari, Junpei, Adachi, Marie and Rise's auto combo does a decent chunk of damage (not sure about Ken since I haven't played as him yet).

Either way, it's awesome and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Also + 10 points to Atlus/ Arc for not making me have to pay twice for colors. If you bought glasses or color pallets for Arena you don't need to buy them again for Ultimax.