Scorpion or Sub-Zero?

once he became a Noob, I had to play as his brother.

Not in MK9, though.
In MK9 you can choose Bi-Han's costume, and when Sub-Zero speaks in his intro it's Bi-Han's voice. ;)

I favor Bi-han over Noob Saibot and Kuai-Liang.
Ever since MK1 at Pizza Hut, dat Spine Rip sent me on a path to loving Mortal Kombat.
It's the first Fatality that I did in arcades, and from there on out, I was hooked.
For MK10, I really hope that we get A human Sub-Zero.
My preference is Bi-Han, but if Kuai Liang comes back human, I'd be Ok with that too. ;)

Not in MK9, though.
In MK9 you can choose Bi-Han's costume, and when Sub-Zero speaks in his intro it's Bi-Han's voice. ;)

I favor Bi-han over Noob Saibot and Kuai-Liang.
Ever since MK1 at Pizza Hut, dat Spine Rip sent me on a path to loving Mortal Kombat.
It's the first Fatality that I did in arcades, and from there on out, I was hooked.
For MK10, I really hope that we get A human Sub-Zero.
My preference is Bi-Han, but if Kuai Liang comes back human, I'd be Ok with that too. ;)

Forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me. But to bad the MK1 outfit has Kuai's voice.

Forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me. But to bad the MK1 outfit has Kuai's voice.
Yeah, that's true.
When I use MK1 Sub-Zero in MK9, though, if I win I always do his Klassic Spine Rip.
If I use the normal Bi-Han costume, I'll either do the Klassic Spine Rip or Freeze and Shatter Fatality.
I'm kind of "meh" on his Torso Rip Fatality.

I like how Sub-Zero yhas his own game, but I think Scorpion should have a game based on his former life.

I'd love to see a Scorpion Game.
In fact, I would haved loved to have seen the Scorpion and Sub-Zero game that was cancelled. :(
It would be cool if NRS revisits the idea.

I love Scorpion AND Sub-Zero (although Sub-Zero more), but if NRS ever did do a Scorpion and Sub-Zero action game like Shaolin Monks, I'd be in MK heaven. ;)

I'd love to see a Scorpion Game.
In fact, I would haved loved to have seen the Scorpion and Sub-Zero game that was cancelled. :(
It would be cool if NRS revisits the idea.

I love Scorpion AND Sub-Zero (although Sub-Zero more), but if NRS ever did do a Scorpion and Sub-Zero action game like Shaolin Monks, I'd be in MK heaven. ;)

They had that idea before? Seriously? Wonder why they would cancel a game like that.

Well damn. I hope NRS can do something about that in the near future.

Fire and Ice. Make it happen Netherrealm Studios!

For gameplay I think it depends on which game you're playing - sometimes Scorpion comes out on top and sometimes they're even. For some reason though, I always gravitate towards Sub-Zero. Every game he is the first character I play as. So I prefer Sub-Zero but I admit that in some aspects Scorpion is equal to or better than him.

I go with the guy who made the esrb

In other words Bi Han

Kuai liang is cool too even though he royally got screwed over

For gameplay I think it depends on which game you're playing - sometimes Scorpion comes out on top and sometimes they're even. For some reason though, I always gravitate towards Sub-Zero. Every game he is the first character I play as. So I prefer Sub-Zero but I admit that in some aspects Scorpion is equal to or better than him.

Scorpion isn't better than Sub-Zero.
The 2 just have different play-styles.
Sub-Zero is more defensive (zoning) and Scorpion is more of a rush-down character.
If you can use Sub-Zero like Tom Brady does (defensively), or just get good with him (in general), Sub-Zero can be pretty deadly.

Scorpion is my Fav.

I have ALWAYS played with Scorp in EVERY game he was in. I was drawn in with scorp because he was in Yellow and he had the Spear move with iconic catch phrase(first of its kind) and i spammed the shit out of it. I LOVE his gameplay. He was cooler in the Movie and had one of the best fights in the movie, if not THE best fight, next to Liu and Reptile.

Sub Zero on the other hand, was Blue(boring color) and had Ice moves(nothing i have not seen before...) *Iceman from X-men. plus his fight was kinda lame in the movie. So i never really care for sub zero, yet Every piece of MK merchandise i got, I was forced with Sub Zero: clothes, costumes, giga pet, toys, etc only because Scorpion was ALWAYS sold out :(

i never hated sub zero as i haven't any MK char, but he just did not interest me.

I did not get to really like sub zero(character wise) until his portrayals in MK:SM, MK:A and MKvsDC. I liked his attitude because I thought it was similar to Batman(my favorite DC hero). or even Piccolo in the later episodes of the DBZ franchise.

I never cared for his gameplay at all, again, the freezing thing was nothing spectacular to me. though i do use him alot in MK9 because (with my skills) he is reliable in certain situations where other chars i use aren't.

So, I favor Scorpion over Sub Zero any day of the week.

Scorpion is not that original either.
Scorpion is basically a Ghost Rider clone, if you think about it.
A hell spawn, which was resurrected and is bent on getting revenge, who has a fiery skull???
I think I've seen that somewhere before.....
Oh, yeah.

ghostrider3qx0-penance-stare.jpg

On a side note, I had to suffer Sub-Zero getting killed in everything MK9-related.
He died twice in MK9.
The bookends have Scorpion killing Sub-Zero with a spear, and in the earlier MK9 trailer, Sub-Zero is once again getting killed by Scorpion.
To top that off, Scorpion is the NRS logo, and every single time I fire up MK9 on PS3 Scorpion is uppercutting the shit out of Sub-Zero.
I've had enough Scorpion over-saturation in MK9.
Not to mention that everyone online uses Scorpion, Smoke, Noob Saibot and Kung Lao, so those characters easily got on my least favorite list, as of MK9.

Last edited:
Bi-han. he was the only true ninja killed when he was told to and didnt about it when he came back.

scorpion whines too damn much for me. yeah ok so you died and so did your family, but i mean come on ur an effing ninja! didn't he ever think that "hey I kill people for a living soooo yeah i might get killed by a rival clan or by another enemy and yeah my family is in perpetual danger of sharing my fate because of my occupation. duuuuh. if ya ask me he should have prepared his family for that eventuality sooo in not doing so it makes him not only an inferior warrior but an inferior father and spouse.

BI HAN! all the way to hell and back!

Scorpion is not that original either.
Scorpion is basically a Ghost Rider clone, if you think about it.
A hell spawn, which was resurrected and is bent on getting revenge, who has a fiery skull???
I think I've seen that somewhere before.....
Oh, yeah.

View attachment 5244

On a side note, I had to suffer Sub-Zero getting killed in everything MK9-related.
He died twice in MK9.
The bookends have Scorpion killing Sub-Zero with a spear, and in the earlier MK9 trailer, Sub-Zero is once again getting killed by Scorpion.
To top that off, Scorpion is the NRS logo, and every single time I fire up MK9 on PS3 Scorpion is uppercutting the shit out of Sub-Zero.
I've had enough Scorpion over-saturation in MK9.
Not to mention that everyone online uses Scorpion, Smoke, Noob Saibot and Kung Lao, so those characters easily got on my least favorite list, as of MK9.

Who in MK1 IS original, Lol? Everyone is a copy or play off of someone. except Goro, perhaps. MK1 itself is a ripoff of ETD. Lol

but that's not the point. Scorpion was more appealing to me than Sub-Zero.

"He died twice in MK9.
To top that off, Scorpion is the NRS logo, and every single time I fire up MK9 on PS3 Scorpion is uppercutting the shit out of Sub-Zero."

That's right, You've Got it, Johnny! ;)

Sonya, Kano and Shang Tsung aren't a play off of someone.

I just think that Scorpion has gotten way too much attention since Deadly Alliance.

Sonya, Kano and Shang Tsung aren't a play off of someone.

Kano isn't a what?
Terminator-008.jpg

Shang would also like to have a word with you...
lopan.png