Shin Megami Tensei

While it's more or less a recap of a previous article, there are some screenshots that give a few more clues about Persona Q.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/27/can-form-teddie-harem-party-persona-q-shadow-labyrinth/

• Both MCs can be in the same party and it might be possible to have neither of them as well....could it be possible they no longer have the "wild card" advantage over the other characters?
  • Fuuka and Rise reprise their role as support characters, once again they don't participate in combat.
  • Rei and Zen are party members, but they act as one.
  • There is a Move command in battle. I assume it's used to change formation in the middle of battle.
  • Just like the previous Persona games, some skills consume SP, while others HP. I kinda liked the SP consumption for all skills like SMTIV more, but I can live with it.

Last edited:
When I get a job again I'm trying to get a 3DS for Persona Q.

I also want Dancing All Night to come out already. My Vita is ready. Zen looks awesome.

I'll be getting all 4 Persona games on day one. I'll play the hell out of Dancing All Night just for the music.

I'm super pumped about PQ and P4AU, but P5 is what's got most of my hype. I'm ready for a fresh new batch of awesome characters and story lines.

though i am very happy to see P3MC back.

I want to pre-order P4: Arena, PQ, and P5 when they come out, especially since Atlus throws in bonus items for first prints. If my 2nd job goes well, it'll be even easier to set a aside the money.

I'm not interested in Dancing All Night (although I admit Yu dancing with a Poker face is amusing), but I would consider a Vita for P4 Golden and P3 Portable.

Persona Q limited edition 3DS XL

original.jpg
630x.jpg

It comes with a digital version of the game too. No news of North American release. In my opinion, it's only worth it for diehard collectors since most people who are buying this would have a 3DS already.

The game will feature a map drawing tool. It will also feature unsually strong enemies that can be seen on the map (it's safe to assume that that normal enemies are random encounters. Sounds more like Etrian Odyssey: Persona Edition, the more I hear about it.

Last edited:
If it comes to the US I'll probably sell my current 3DS for that one since my 3DS isn't an XL and I highly need one because my hands are too big for a regular 3DS. It even hurts to hold after like 30 minutes.

Yup it sure is. Which is actually perfect because I just sold my copy of it to my friend for $25 lol. I'll probably download that later tonight actually.

There's also rumors about vanilla P4 coming to PSN's PS2 classics as well.

I got around to putting a few hours in Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soul Army. Unlike Nocturne, the backgrounds are pre-rendered and the camera is fixed. Although there are a lot of NPCs in the background to make the city more lively, only a handful of them can actually be spoken to. I like the the game's atmosphere and Raidou is probably one of my favorite protagonist character designs in the SMT series.

What sets the game apart is the real-time battle system, but it's not pulled off as well as Rogue Galaxy or Okami. Raidou's moveset is limited. You can only have one demon at a time, and they pretty much act on their own. The fixed camera can problematic when you have a lot enemies on the screen at once. Demon negotiation is not present, you have to capture them by force (like Pokemon).

Nocturne is finally on PSN.
I REALLY have been looking for an RPG to kill the time until Mario Kart 8 gets here. Should I cop it?

Digital Devil Saga (and later the its sequel) is available on PSN. I'm not sure if it's worth getting or not.

@BBBLP: What do you think of Nocturne?

I've been sooooooo backlogged dude.
I want to play it, but when I try I just turn it off and play something I've already played a thousand times.

A lot of Soul Sacrifice, Mario Kart 8 & MK9 lately.
I really want to play through P3 again too

I can sympathize. As much as I love video games, I have little time to play these days. This especially true for RPGs, since I prefer longer sessions where I'm not constantly interrupted.

I only put at most 10 hours into Nocturne myself.

I want to get the premium edition, mainly for the artbook and soundtrack.

The JP version was already released and apparently sales are pretty good. I'm anxious to know the NA release date, since I prefer picking up a copy at a store.

Last edited:
I sold my 3DS to my friend because I NEED an XL since the regular 3DS' are way too small for my giant hands, so as of now I'm 3DS-less but by the time PQ comes out, I'll have an XL. I also plan on getting the premium edition. Hopefully they'll announce something of the like for Ultimax.