Shin Megami Tensei

I was going to post this yesterday but I feared that it was just an April Fools Day joke. Unfortunately it's not.

So yeah. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this shit. The ONLY SMT-like thing in this dumb trailer was the ruined buildings near the end. Not even going to lie, the more I think about this trailer, the more pissed off I get.

To be fair, this is meant to be a completely different game. The fact that the characters are designed by the same person who is also working on SMT x Fire Emblem is the only connection. That being said, I haven't heard anything about SMT x Fire Emblem for some time, there is a severe lack strategy RPGs on consoles.

Speaking of SPRGs, Devil Surivor 2: Record Breaker is set to be released on June 2, with all bonus goodies for pre-orders (for the NA release at least).

Noticed something strange in the P5 gameplay trailer.

Screenshot_10.jpg

That's Sandman and Pyro Jack. As far as I know, you've never been able to fight Personas before. Enemies are always some twisted form of a Shadow, something you can never fuse. So what do you guys think this means? Will Persona 5 be like the Digital Devil series where you only have 1 Persona/Demon for the whole game?

Will Persona 5 be like the Digital Devil series where you only have 1 Persona/Demon for the whole game?

Doubt it especially since they still have a Persona option on the pause screen where you can most likely change Persona just like in 3 and 4. Also since Igor is around once more, it would be pretty damn surprising to change the formula.

So I wonder if this means they're adding the option to negotiate with Persona like you can in the other SMT games.

It's similar to the trailer from before. Now there is vocals to go with the music and there seems to an additional character thrown into the mix as well.

Last edited:
I still have to beat IV. Not sure when I'll do that. I'm too far to just start over, but I'm also completely lost as to what I'm doing or why I'm doing it.

Looks like it's time to start wander around aimlessly until you find something.

I'm really curious to see what this is. A nice surprise for sure though since there hasn't been any news on mainline SMT since SMTIV came out.

I didn't complete SMTIV either. Honestly, navigating the city was a pain in the ass and I eventually lost sense of where I need to go.

Thought this was pretty cool, Nintendo characters as Persona users

Spoiler:

tumblr_nyg550CMVi1ugm5xuo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nyslv2urkQ1ugm5xuo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nyl72dCSKS1ugm5xuo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nz7nqjCPE91ugm5xuo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nz2jypFva51ugm5xuo1_540.jpg

tumblr_ny9r54zu201ugm5xuo1_540.jpg

tumblr_ny6tfbqqCe1ugm5xuo1_540.jpg

By GuiRM

So I've been debating on which game to go back to. It was either finish my SMTIV playthrough, or play Persona 4 again. Decided to go with P3: The Answer. Same Persona flavor, but with a lot of the social fat cut off. That shit was rough too. No nonsense, no fun times. Just emotional nut punches over and over

Finally, P5 is getting released on September 15 2016 in Japan. No word on the North American release but at least we know the game is getting close to completion.

Here's a new trailer. It seems that there are more party members and the max number of people per party is 4.

Also, there will a special edition. I'm primarily interested in the artbook and 5-disc album, though I'm afraid they will be samples rather than complete OST (P3 OST had 2 discs). However, at $130, it's hard to shell out all at once. No word the NA release though. For all we know, we might get some of the content cut in exchange for a reduced price.

Last edited: