Deception?

Basically they called it Deception because that's the theme the storyline revolves around. Onaga deceiving Shujinko is center of the plot and why the series of events in the game is allowed to occur.

I thought that the Deception was Quan and Shang. They betrayed each other and fought against each other.

Kona said:
I thought that the Deception was Quan and Shang. They betrayed each other and fought against each other.
I think the term "deception" can apply to many aspects of the game. Shang & Quan, Baraka & Mileena, etc. Even the whole Noob being Subby's brother could apply, IMO.

i think that deception comes from the betrayal of mileena towards baraka at the end of the story: millena betrays baraka when she orders to bo rai cho's army to attack the tarkatans, then she wants to kill baraka but she fails cause baraka send a soldier than him and kills her, so bo rai cho doesn't kill baraka but a soldier too and that is a worlds of deception:
-onaga manipulated shujinko
-mileena betrays baraka
-baraka decept mileena and bo rai cho
-kabal betrays havik
-jade lures tanya
ect...
so all that justify the tittle!!!!

fan de tanya said:
i think that deception comes from the betrayal of mileena towards baraka at the end of the story: millena betrays baraka when she orders to bo rai cho's army to attack the tarkatans, then she wants to kill baraka but she fails cause baraka send a soldier than him and kills her, so bo rai cho doesn't kill baraka but a soldier too and that is a worlds of deception:
-onaga manipulated shujinko
-mileena betrays baraka
-baraka decept mileena and bo rai cho
-kabal betrays havik
-jade lures tanya
ect...
so all that justify the tittle!!!!

That's what I meant by "realistic." The whole game revolves around lies and deceit.

Well its called deception because of konquest mode, shujinko gets used by onaga, and tricked thinking hes working for a good cause but he wasent, he was deceived thinking he did something good, but it turned out that he worked for a more evil cause, if it wasent for konquest mode, it wouldent have been called "deception".

Its the beginning movie.....he says something about him casuing the deception or soemthing. that was the main purpose of teh title.