Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe 2 not likely to happen

C-Sword

The creative director at NetherRealm Studios, Ed Boon, has suggested that a sequel to Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe is unlikely because of plans to develop both series separately.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Boon told CVG that both the DC Comics and Mortal Kombat games work best when nurtured individually for their own dedicated audiences.

"We don't have any current plans to mash the two franchises together again," he said.

"Never say never, of course, but we loved how our last Mortal Kombat game was strictly Mortal Kombat. And when you think about it, the last Mortal Kombat game we did, it really had the essence of the series more so than any other game in years.

"With Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, there's two pretty different audiences; one which wants to see violence and blood, and there's another that wants to see grand superhero moments. We were kind of balancing on a fence trying to accommodate both audiences with Mortal Kombat vs. DC."

NetherRealm, owned by media conglomerate Warner Bros., is currently finishing up production on Injustice: Gods Among Us, which is due for release in the first half of 2013.

Boon said the game "is something that just embraces what's best about superheroes".

He added: "It's a battle of the gods, over-the-top experience. There's no trade-off trying to balance it with Mortal Kombat.

"Funnily enough, we were playing Mortal Kombat vs. DC and we were surprised at how tame it was compared to Injustice."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/366669/mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe-sequel-unlikely/

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe will celebrate its tenth anniversary practically after the sequels for MK9 and IGAU have passed.

So either an updated version of MK/DC or MK/DC2 is possible from 2018 onward, likely not before.

Other than the lack of violence in the fatalities, why did everyone hate MKvsDCU so much? I loved that game and it have a well thought out story.

Other than the lack of violence in the fatalities, why did everyone hate MKvsDCU so much? I loved that game and it have a well thought out story.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me it was:
- Terrible Story
- Test Your Might Quicktime Events
- Klose Kombat
- Falling Kombat Quicktime events
- Horrible overall gameplay

Sure, the thought of Batman fighting Scorpion or Superman fighting Sub-Zero is entertaining for a while, but after a while that wore off for me, and what I was left with was "meh."
The story was pretty ridiculous too.....
The 2 worlds collide and a rage monster is in control of the DC and MK characters?
A monster whose name Midway decided to make up by merging the names of Darkseid and Shao Kahn?
Really???
That's the best that Midway could do?
I shouuldn't have been surprised, though, as this was the same old company who before WB bought them made half-assed Armageddon with terrible KAF and KAK modes.

Don't get me started on the whole Tobias writing process too, because he had a hand in the MK vs DCU comic story that came with special editions of the game, and it didn't turn out any better than the game story.
So, to those who say that "the MK Story Mode for the future MK games would be better if Tobias suddenly came back:"
No, they automatically would be better just because Tobias is back, and the MKvsDC comic is proof of that.

MKvsDCU was my very first PS3 title. I used to be an Xbox fan boy. I mean i have both Xbox One and PS4 now... but back then, I was strictly an xbox fan... but anyways when MKvsDCU came out, my friends all bought it for PS3 instead of Xbox.. so i said FINE.... ill buy a damn PS3 and give it a shot... i was INSTANTLY hooked to its AMAZING interface... so anyways... MKvsDCU was my first PS3 memory <3 AND i even created my PSN gamertag after the games title itself:

MKvsDCU

:p

I can't speak for everyone, but for me it was:
- Terrible Story
- Test Your Might Quicktime Events
- Klose Kombat
- Falling Kombat Quicktime events
- Horrible overall gameplay

Sure, the thought of Batman fighting Scorpion or Superman fighting Sub-Zero is entertaining for a while, but after a while that wore off for me, and what I was left with was "meh."
The story was pretty ridiculous too.....
The 2 worlds collide and a rage monster is in control of the DC and MK characters?
A monster whose name Midway decided to make up by merging the names of Darkseid and Shao Kahn?
Really???
That's the best that Midway could do?
I shouuldn't have been surprised, though, as this was the same old company who before WB bought them made half-assed Armageddon with terrible KAF and KAK modes.

Don't get me started on the whole Tobias writing process too, because he had a hand in the MK vs DCU comic story that came with special editions of the game, and it didn't turn out any better than the game story.
So, to those who say that "the MK Story Mode for the future MK games would be better if Tobias suddenly came back:"
No, they automatically would be better just because Tobias is back, and the MKvsDC comic is proof of that.

MKvsDC had the best gameplay of any Mortal Kombat game pre MK9 and post UMK3

It was pretty frickin epic bro. You know something?... I know its because licensing and things that allowed MK to cross over with the DCU. But you know. Its like Who has the balls to go toe to toe with Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman and Green Lantern and the Flash and others.... its like frickin WOW MAN! I remember when i saw the first trailer it was soooo amazing. I must have watched it 30 times over..... and even at a STORY MODE stand POV... it was the most immersive story mode any fighting game has ever had.. EVER!!!!

I just think that it was pretty frickin cool to see the DCU in a fighting game first off... i mean there was MvsC (and all its iterations) but TO TOP it off MK Universe was battling them in an epic frickin game? Oh and how they had 2 different sides to the story mode was amazing too. I think Midway did an amazing job. A memory to last forever

Just because it had better gameplay than any pre-MK9 game, doesn't mean that it wasn't still horrible.
It was better than the atrocious MKDA, MKD and Armageddon gameplay, but it was still terrible gameplay, imo.
In a game where skill is involved, leaving aspects of the fight up to random AI Quicktime events is horrible.
Imo, Quicktime events shouldn't ever be in a fighting game.

I rather them to do that, honestly, but I never played this one. The 2d.5 era for gaming is pretty sad, in my opinion. You either have polygons for 3d gameplay or sprites for 2d gameplay.

Honestly with all of the medeocre games that we have been getting recently i'd be up for another Mortal Kombat vs. DC game.

It wouldn't be mediocre it would be a little mix up from all of the standard triple A games that we have been getting. Plus it would go well with the superhero craze.

Look you know what I mean. People are addicted to the Marvel and DC movies and. I think that it would be a good game to release given to the recent superhero craze. Think about the amount of people that would buy this game.

Let Mortal Kombat be Mortal Kombat and Injustice be Injustice.

InB4 "Oh, but Sub-Zero, Raiden and Scorpion were in Injustice games as guests."
Yeah, and I honestly wish that they weren't.

There's no need for either series to cross-over ever again, especially since DC doesn't want MK characters mutilating their heroes.
If another MK vs DC game means that we get a PG-13 rated (aka Teen rated) MK again, then no thanks.
Keep them separate and let each franchise do their own thing.