The 20th Anniversary of Mortal Kombat..but nobody cares?

GBK

Mortal Kombat hit the arcades exactly 20 years ago in August 1992.

I wondered that there is nothing to celebrate this anniversary a bit, Capcom released a tribute music album with VGM composers like Yuzo Koshiro and other well known names as example, organized a tournament tournee through multiple countries this year for the SF 25th anniversary and also organized fan art /remix contests and released also multiple artbooks to celebrate it.

But nothing for Mortal Kombat form the official side? As a fan since 1992 (i am 31 years old) this dissapoints me a bit. Would have loved an official art book as example or a book about the history of Mortal Kombat.

I organized a fanart tribute for MK1 which gets published next month and has artworks drawn by some of the most skilled artists who ever draw MK fan art like Esau13 or Jodeee but that cant replace anything from Boon/ NRS themself =/

Well..maybe in 5 years :(

I am dissapointed by this to be honest. Also quite surprised they haven't milked the 20th anniversary to high heaven. Re releasing the recent dreadful toyline in new boxes and re issuing everything with a MK20th sticker on it.

Oh wait they arent Capacom, but they still are a merchandising Juggernaut