My first Mortal Kombat Video!

CaptainSlayer

Hey everyone! So I'm a fresh sign-up on these forums and actually found them after a quick google search trying to see if Netherrealm had their own forums board or not. I was looking for a community of Mortal Kombat fans to watch my video and provide some feedback.

I read the rules and didn't notice anything about posting YouTube videos but I did notice that linking to other sites was only allowed in the signature but I'm hoping this doesn't include YouTube videos. If it does and I am indeed breaking a rule, I'm very sorry and once a moderator closes the thread could they please send me a message/e-mail explaining what I did wrong?

Either way, here is the link to the video. It's a Reptile montage to the track "Reptile" by DubStep artist Skrillex. I'd appreciate any feedback and suggestions but please take it easy on me! I'm very new to the entire video editing thing and only jumped into it for my gaming community.

All footage was captured with the Happauge! HD PVR Gaming Edition from the Xbox 360!

(NOTE: For optimal awesome, view in 720/1080!)

I was gonna say the same. I thought it was ok, the timing was good at some places but synching it at certain drops would have been amazing.

Like at 3:28 you could have Reptile doing his X ray on different characters while creating a mild strobe like affect. Something like X-Ray start up, fade out. Poking the eyes, fade out. etc

Ah, I actually forgot to place in Reptile's X-ray I just noticed... Also, thanks guys! I'll take that into consideration on the next one. I plan to do a Stryker one soon since he was my favorite/best character on UMK3.

Oh and Kzaoo, It was button mashing. I had been off MK for a while and actually just bought it again the day this was recorded. That's also why I didn't bother getting any online footage. I think you two are the first to call me out on it. :p

Figures, you should include some gameplay that makes people think "that is pretty cool" like a comeback, a flawless or a cool combo or something like that

Yeah cool combos are a must especially if your using music with your video. So syncing the music with the combos will be God-Like.

I'll take that into consideration while I'm producing the Stryker video.

To be honest, this one was a bit rushed. I was a kid with a new toy and ready to get some videos out. I'll be sure to take my time with the new one and share it with you guys.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Ouch, Shirayuki.

My community and I are getting ready to film and produce a VGVM for Halo: Reach to Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" then I'll be moving into the Stryker video. I'll keep you guys posted.

Give me a few weeks, I want to make this one better.