Lance Armstrong banned for life

why was he stripped of his "past" titles??? i could understand if it was a current title. i mean its not like he did anything serious like murder.

This whole Lance Armstrong doping thing is nothing more than a glorified sham! For starters, he is innocent until proven guilty. So exactly what "proof" is there against him? If you ask me, nothing but hearsay, and hearsay by itself doesn't prove jack shit. And I think the credibility of his accusers should be called into question, as at least one of them lied to the public about his own doping, and later admitted to doing so. Plus, Armstrong has never tested positive for anything, so unless someone can either show me a positive test, or show me indisputable proof that he had taken masking agents to cheat the tests, Lance Armstrong is 100% innocent! The reason he quit wasn't because he was guilty, it's because the whole thing was a sham, and frankly, I don't blame him. I also doubt USADA's authority to issue these sanctions! If USADA has no jurisdiction over NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB players, then they shouldn't have jurisdiction over professional cyclists, either!

In a sport where you literally need to be on drugs to compete, this news comes as no surprise. We've already had two other US cycling team members stripped of wins, notably Floyd Landis, and the entire cycling crew has pretty much indicted Armstrong on national TV, stating in a interview that they witness Lance taking drugs. These are the same people that have already been banned from the sport for doing the exact same thing! 500 test and no a single, solitary one was false? There has to be a coverup there.

And the fact that Lance pretty much walked away from this further proves he is guilty. If he appealed this decision, there is no doubt in my mind he would have received the same fate. 12 years is a long time to gather dirt on anyone.

Even if Armstrong truly is guilty, the fact of the matter is, he was competing against a field of dopers, and this whole scandal is really no different than the Steroid Era of baseball, as far as how widespread this shit was (although I know it's a stretch to suggest that everybody was doing this shit, but you never know). And doping's been around in cycling a lot longer than Armstrong's been alive. In fact, there were confirmed cases in the late 19th century/early 20th century where cyclists have OD'ed and died because of doping.

In this day and age, everyone friggin does it.

Not saying it is right, just saying, it's all across the board.

But he did cheat :/

This whole Lance Armstrong doping thing is nothing more than a glorified sham! For starters, he is innocent until proven guilty. So exactly what "proof" is there against him? If you ask me, nothing but hearsay, and hearsay by itself doesn't prove jack shit. And I think the credibility of his accusers should be called into question, as at least one of them lied to the public about his own doping, and later admitted to doing so. Plus, Armstrong has never tested positive for anything, so unless someone can either show me a positive test, or show me indisputable proof that he had taken masking agents to cheat the tests, Lance Armstrong is 100% innocent! The reason he quit wasn't because he was guilty, it's because the whole thing was a sham, and frankly, I don't blame him. I also doubt USADA's authority to issue these sanctions! If USADA has no jurisdiction over NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB players, then they shouldn't have jurisdiction over professional cyclists, either!

In a sport where you literally need to be on drugs to compete, this news comes as no surprise. We've already had two other US cycling team members stripped of wins, notably Floyd Landis, and the entire cycling crew has pretty much indicted Armstrong on national TV, stating in a interview that they witness Lance taking drugs. These are the same people that have already been banned from the sport for doing the exact same thing! 500 test and no a single, solitary one was false? There has to be a coverup there.

And the fact that Lance pretty much walked away from this further proves he is guilty. If he appealed this decision, there is no doubt in my mind he would have received the same fate. 12 years is a long time to gather dirt on anyone.

This is unprecedentedly unbelievable... I am actually about to agree with Tarkatan Trash on something.

The only thing that happened is that he decided to quit jumping through USADA's hoops. There is no new evidence, and there never was any evidence to begin with. You guys are acting like something happened that proved he's guilty. Just what would that be? Doping in sports is starting to become this generation's version of the Salem witch hunts or McCarthyism. Suddenly everyone that's dominant in anything is automatically guilty of cheating. It's insane.

Okay....I have to ask....was there ANYTHING to prove he doped?

I haven't been keeping up on it other than reading that a ton of sponsors dropped him.....but haven't heard anything on a positive test or anything.

If there is no evidence yet, quite lame that they stripped all of his titles...that's harsh, without any proof.