What Grinds your Gears, part 2

My mom was supposed to stay in Waco for the week on business. However, Fairfield Inns & Suites gave her a room that, in her words, "smelled like a sceptic tank". It was contaminated enough to get her sick, and after 3 days, my stepdad and I had to drive 3 and a half hours to Waco to pick her up, and 3 and a half hours back home because she felt too sick to drive.

Turns out she had a cold and was put on antibiotics. This could've been much worse, and Fairfield Inns & Suites can go F themselves for their role in this situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

My workstation computer shitting the bed right before a recording session grinds my gears.
I was planning on building a new PC, but I was hoping to do it after the session was over on Saturday.
I have other audio session stuff on the D: drive which contains family stories pertaining to my family tree that were recorded by loved ones who are no longer around, as well.
To top it all off, I always make a back up and a back up of a back up, for rainy days like this, and BOTH external HDDs also decided to malfunction.
FML. :_mad:

EDIT:
Happened to be the BIOS that needed to be reset.
Glad that it was a simple fix, but for a while there it scared the hell outta me.
It's a harsh reminder that I'll need to get rid of the motherboard soon and will be needing MUCH more DDR2 SDRAM in the future.

Last edited:
It was backed up onto another drive, a while ago (it was a duplicate), and the workstation is purposely not connected to the internet anyways.
So, I don't see what the issue is.
Unless someone comes to the studio, built into the house, I don't see how those files would be in jeopardy.

Lucky enough to be off from everything on the release of MEA, but I just started getting to the finale Dungeon(s) of Persona 4 Golden and I still haven't played beyond the intro mission of Nier Automata yet. But when Tuesday comes, nothing else will matter at all until I complete my first playthrough of MEA. I here it's longer than the previous games (It took me 48 for ME2 (Nearly 100% no DLC) and 50+ in ME1 (Only a few Side-Missions plus DLC)). If this is true, then the fact that I work Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday would have to be the worst part of this.

My dumbass has school and work throughout the week. So on release I can play a few hours after midnight, go to my 9:30 class, go to work and then go to work at 1:00 and hopefully get off no later than 5 or 6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Never keep your personal files on a workstation.

I was recently editing and cleaning up some family audio recordings in Pro Tools, so how else do you suggest it be stored?
It was also on 2 back-up drives (1 of which is where I imported the files in from), which BOTH decided to fail on me.
The workstation is at MY house (again, also offline), as I have my own recording studio.
My fear wasn't losing the work via online hack, since the workstation is purposely offline, but rather losing the work since the workstation and external drives decided to all act up and malfunction.

I was recently editing and cleaning up some family audio recordings in Pro Tools, so how else do you suggest it be stored?
It was also on 2 back-up drives (1 of which is where I imported the files in from), which BOTH decided to fail on me.
The workstation is at MY house (again, also offline), as I have my own recording studio.
My fear wasn't losing the work via online hack, since the workstation is purposely offline, but rather losing the work since the workstation and external drives decided to all act up and malfunction.

If you really can't help it, how about a handy-dandy external HDD?

If you really can't help it, how about a handy-dandy external HDD?

I had 2 1TB external HDD drives as back-ups, both were failing / malfunctioning......

Commander said:
(From post #2422)"....BOTH external HDDs also decided to malfunction."

I got a 3rd external 4TB HDD, more recently, and all of that stuff is being transferred as we speak.

Can't believe some people/sports got so backwards and degraded that they allow guys with "low testosterone" to compete against women. And then they parade like some sort of a world discovery was made. I would say it's pathetic, but at the same time what did they expect? The guy would obviously crush them. Love the last line in that video: "Once they finally crack down on this bullshit, he'll be able to compete in CrossFit, where records are easier to beat and he won't face male competitors there either" hahahah

Nintendo and their "limited quantity" horseshit business practices when it comes to the NES Classic and the Switch grind my gears.
Make enough product to meet the demand, otherwise the money that you would have made will go to scalpers.
I wouldn't ever give in to scalpers, but I know some that have for both the NES and Switch (despite the Switch coming out with other bundles).

Nintendo and their "limited quantity" horseshit business practices when it comes to the NES Classic and the Switch grind my gears.
Make enough product to meet the demand, otherwise the money that you would have made will go to scalpers.
I wouldn't ever give in to scalpers, but I know some that have for both the NES and Switch (despite the Switch coming out with other bundles).

ya that's garbage. Nintendo does this with lots of their stuff. its almost as if Nintendo WANTS to make less money.

And Nintendo wonders why they've only won a console generation ONCE since the end of the 16-bit era...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Going through my E-mail inbox, looking through all the work-related stuff. What's this? "Welcome to Quake Champions closed beta"...5 mins before I need to go to work. Why, video games?

the price of video games today. i remember when an expensive game was like $60 and they were complete games. now you pay like $79.99 for a game that isn't even complete.