V/h/s

Re: V/H/S trailer

I'm looking forward to this because Ti West directed one of the segments. The whole found footage thing is a turn off for most people because they are tired of found footage movies. But I believe this found footage anthology horror movie will bring something new to the table.

Re: V/H/S (Horror Movie)

What the hell did I just watch? I'm gonna have to check this out.

I just watched it last night. It freaked me out super hard.

Definitely has some unexpected storyline twists in these.

I ended up watching this the other night too. I was disappointed, honestly. Not that it was bad, it just wasn't quite what I was expecting. Nothing about it stuck with me or gave me random horrifying thoughts as I went to bed (which really defines the mark of a good horror movie to me).

I thought most of the twists were pretty lame and that they made the stories worse rather than better. It's like watching The Village when it stops being a horror movie.

Some more specific thoughts since I'm bored:

Spoiler:
The "she-beast" one actually had me pretty freaked out as I was anticipating the reveal. Every time they had the camera pulled in on that woman's face, I was on pins and needles waiting for the scare (good job on casting her, by the way; her face was perfect for that). Then she made the transformation. The rest of the clip was mostly just "alright, so a bunch of gory stuff is happening now; that's swell".

The honeymoon one had the most interesting story and build-up to me initially, but the twist sucked and made the conclusion seem anticlimactic. "Oh, so she just wanted her husband dead, completely negating anything even remotely creepy about the masked chick sneaking in with the knife. Cool?"

The "teenagers in the woods" one had a pretty cool and unique way of dealing with the visuals of the killer, but that was about it for me, plus another kind of lame twist. Once it's just the killer and the girl, who cares? She's a shit and deserves to die. It might've been creepier to me overall if everything didn't take place in daylight, though.

The "haunting on Skype" one was pretty well done: a creepy tone with some crazy jump-scares. Then the twist happens. Why ruin everything interesting you've been building to purely for sake of having a big "WTF" twist? It just seems bizarre and stupid.

The haunted house clip was probably the best one for me overall, but I still didn't think it was great. It's pretty good when you're mostly just seeing things out of the corner of your eye and figures are there one second and gone the next, but once the house "comes alive", the imagery goes from freaky to stupid. The arms coming out of walls, the flying dinnerware and the Twilight Zone-y door all just looked cheesy as hell. It's like they just spontaneously decided to dump the cool pacing and start throwing random CG crap at you for some reason. Then the twist-- okay, that one was actually pretty good. I knew the girl was going to end up turning (it's kind of a running theme in these shorts), but that was pretty well done.

So yeah, mainly just too much of a focus on those god awful twists. It also seems like most of the scarier parts were in that trailer, which makes me think that approaching the movie it without watching that or reading anything specific about the movie is probably the best way to go.

Spoiler:
The "she-beast" one actually had me pretty freaked out as I was anticipating the reveal. Every time they had the camera pulled in on that woman's face, I was on pins and needles waiting for the scare (good job on casting her, by the way; her face was perfect for that). Then she made the transformation. The rest of the clip was mostly just "alright, so a bunch of gory stuff is happening now; that's swell".

but once the house "comes alive", the imagery goes from freaky to stupid. The arms coming out of walls, the flying dinnerware and the Twilight Zone-y door all just looked cheesy as hell. It's like they just spontaneously decided to dump the cool pacing and start throwing random CG crap at you for some reason. Then the twist-- okay, that one was actually pretty good. I knew the girl was going to end up turning (it's kind of a running theme in these shorts), but that was pretty well done.

Just watched this last night.

Straight up awful. What a waste of time. Horror movies are usually fun. It's either, scary and fun, or just so bad that it's hilariously fun. This movie was neither. It's just a waste of time.

Spoiler:
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought that the living house part was really really stupid. One of the friends I watched it with thought it was cool. It just looked really cheesy and it was just plain stupid.

I did like the beginning though with that naked chick at that hotel or where ever it was. That one was pretty cool, but the rest of them I didn't care for. The people in the wood's one wasn't bad either, but like you said, once everyone died, it just turned to shit basically

The good news is, is that there is a lot of tits in this movie. But it doesn't make up for how shitty the movie is in general.

Ahh hahaha. This is the best thread ever. Why? Cause I saw this movie and thought ur was sick I loved it. then last week I was in the mood to see it again. So I downloaded the torrent on my phone, 1.8gb effin bitzh took a week but me and my boy are watching it later. YEEAAAAH. See this movie or you've failed