Official London 2012 Thread

Love Cowboy

The Summer Olympics are here again. Just how many medals will Michael Phelps add to his record total? Will someone upset the USA basketball team? What other stars will emerge? Discuss.

Try to avoid spoiling anything less than a day old... these games are mostly tape-delayed here in the US... thanks.

The swimming was hype...

I could be there right now, my parents had tickets, but I couldn't go :(

take a shot anytime your home team has a televised good game pat on the ass, it's about to go down lol

I don't care what anybody says

Water polo has to be the most physically demanding sport on earth

I have so much respect for these guys

Men's gymnastics is such a contradiction. The rings make my arms hurt just watching them do that, but then they do the floor exercises and it reinforces every "male gymnasts are poofs" stereotype.

It's quite a feat for one event to be so physically demanding yet completely fruity at the same time.

Speaking of gymnastics (moving over to women though)... can someone please make me understand the logic behind that stupid rule that only two competitors from the same country can compete in the individual all-around? Jordyn Wieber was absolutely ROBBED. She's basically being punished for being on a good team. That's retarded. What do you guys think?

Speaking of gymnastics (moving over to women though)... can someone please make me understand the logic behind that stupid rule that only two competitors from the same country can compete in the individual all-around? Jordyn Wieber was absolutely ROBBED. She's basically being punished for being on a good team. That's retarded. What do you guys think?

Jordyn Wieber was not robbed, she made mistakes and loss her spot to the better team mate for all-around. She knew that her performance was weaker than normal, that's why she was crying... I am not saying that she did bad or didn't do her best -- I'm saying that she had a bad night....You can say she was robbed when it depended on her performance....I'm with you on the new rule, IT SUCKS and they should re-think this one!

Speaking of women's gymnastics did you guys hear how bias that one commentator was?
"And the US just destroys Romania and Russia."

That was too funny :laugh:

Jordyn Wieber was not robbed, she made mistakes and loss her spot to the better team mate for all-around. She knew that her performance was weaker than normal, that's why she was crying... I am not saying that she did bad or didn't do her best -- I'm saying that she had a bad night....You can say she was robbed when it depended on her performance....I'm with you on the new rule, IT SUCKS and they should re-think this one!

Did you actually look at the standings? The three Americans finished 2, 3, and 4 in qualifying. Jordyn Wieber finished FOURTH. Her scores wer a full point and a half better than the ladies that ARE getting to move on, who were in the 20-24th places, just because THEIR teammates suck even worse. She wasn't crying because she had a bad night. She was crying because she's not going to get to compete for the most prestigious championship in women's gymnastics, which she has won at the world championships, all because of a stupid rule. I'm sorry, she was robbed.

Did you actually look at the standings? The three Americans finished 2, 3, and 4 in qualifying. Jordyn Wieber finished FOURTH. Her scores wer a full point and a half better than the ladies that ARE getting to move on, who were in the 20-24th places, just because THEIR teammates suck even worse. She wasn't crying because she had a bad night. She was crying because she's not going to get to compete for the most prestigious championship in women's gymnastics, which she has won at the world championships, all because of a stupid rule. I'm sorry, she was robbed.

4th is not winning for a champ....and the commentator was saying that one girls would be screwd out of a shot the whole night....again it falls on her performance. The odds were stacked against all of them the new rule didn't just apply to Jordyn; she was just the girl that got screwd out of a medal that she would have otherwise won.

You know, I didn't think that it was possible anymore for the US basketball team to shock me, except by losing, but yesterday proved me wrong. 156 points?!?! I didn't even know it was humanly possible to score that many points in a basketball game. Yikes.

Also, women's gymnastics. The women's all-around competition was completely dominated by the USSR and other Soviet-bloc countries for most of history, the only exception being Mary Lou Retton in 1984, at an Olympics where the Soviet bloc stayed home. This trend continued even after the fall of communism, up through the 2000 Syndey games. In the 21st century, however, the US has now won the event three consecutive times, with Carly Patterson in 2004, Nastia Liukin in 2008, and now Gabby Douglas in 2012. My, how things have changed.

Well, the track and field has started today. Long distance races start as well<3.

But hey can anyone tell me what's going on in the basketball and soccer right now with our country? I don't have the channels and the websites don't explain well enough. Who has a chance in winning right now?

Well, the track and field has started today. Long distance races start as well<3.

But hey can anyone tell me what's going on in the basketball and soccer right now with our country? I don't have the channels and the websites don't explain well enough. Who has a chance in winning right now?

Um... ok this isn't very specific... by our country you mean USA?

In basketball, both the men's and women's USA teams are crushing the competition and have already clinched spots in the knockout round, even though they still have one more game to play in the prelims.

In soccer, the US women's team breezed through the prelims undefeated, and then beat New Zealand today in the quarterfinals to advance to the semis. The men's team isn't even there... they didn't qualify.

pa-14120243.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Let's go Team GB <3

Um... ok this isn't very specific... by our country you mean USA?

In basketball, both the men's and women's USA teams are crushing the competition and have already clinched spots in the knockout round, even though they still have one more game to play in the prelims.

In soccer, the US women's team breezed through the prelims undefeated, and then beat New Zealand today in the quarterfinals to advance to the semis. The men's team isn't even there... they didn't qualify.

All right man thanks for the news. I really needed it.

Mother of god, a possible Toronto-Buffalo joint bid for the 2024 olympics.

I CAME