Mortal Kombat 1 Official Guides

maidenforce19

Hi there,

I just ordered 3 different books online that, as far as I know, are the only official published strategy guides for the original Mortal Kombat game.

1) The first one is the guide from Game Pro
_B1IZgSQ_Wk___KGrHqR__h4E_qZpo2yzBMdPrRIoM____1.JPG

2) The second one is the Offical Fighter's Kompanion (which apparently has 2 covers?)
4d9142bd0d4fe_176245n.jpg mortal-kombat-official-fighters-kompanion-manufacturing-paperback-cover-art.jpg

3) The third one, which is actually UNOFFICIAL, is this: Action Strategies for Mortal Kombat
mk1act.jpg

I also ordered the Mortal Kombat Super Book, which could be considered a 4th since I think it covers MK1 and MK2 (haven't received it in the mail yet).
mortalkombatsupbook.jpg

The only other thing I have seen online, but have not been able to find to purchase, is this book: Move_Book.jpg
...but I don't know how much of a "guide" it is.

So my question is: are these the only guides for MK1? And do any cover the arcade version? Because from what it seems they only cover the 4 main ports, which are the Genesis, SNES, Game Boy, and Game Gear versions...which is cool, but I'd like them to cover the original arcade version.

EDIT: Oh, and I know this isn't a guide, but I realized the Mortal Kombat trading cards released from Classic have tips, strategies, moves, and codes on the back of a lot of the cards. Thought it'd be worth mentioning.
l_1994-classic-mortal-kombat-i-cards-box-with-8-packs-9e091.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys OPFORJR here! I have begun to upload videos to my youtube Channel and I have some Mortal Kombat 1 content on the channel. Any way the channel name is Christopher Perry and the best MK video that Have posted is called MORTAL KOMBAT LONGPLAY. Anyway thanks for listening and have a great day!