Scariest Horror Films?

nope but I'm already excited for it!

Wow this is really new news it's not even listed on imdb yet.

I might have to read the book before this comes out.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. has tapped Cary Fukunaga (‘Jane Eyre,’ ‘Sin Nombre’) to direct and co-write a new film adaptation of Stephen King’s classic novel It.

Per the report, the forthcoming It remake will be split into two parts similar to the 1990 adaptation of the book which starred John Ritter, Seth Green, Harry Anderson, Jonathan Brandis, Annette O’Toole, Richard Thomas and Tim Curry.

THR adds that Roy Lee, Dan Lin, David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith are onboard to produce.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/250764/stephen-kings-it-remake-2012/#xoLXDql1FGs9pvtD.99

Enlighten us........

horror movies arent scary. if anything i will think theyre cool. i even laugh when i watch them sometimes. but it just isnt scary because i know my life isnt actually in danger when im watching them. i feel the same about when playing games.

Last edited:
No mention of The Exorcist (1973)? It is surely the scariest movie I have seen and its even more creepier after knowing about the on set incidents and tragedies that took place during its shooting.

Spoiler:
Many of the film's participants claimed the film was cursed. Blatty stated on video[17] that there were some strange occurrences during the filming. Lead actress Burstyn indicated some rumors are true in her 2006 autobiography Lessons in Becoming Myself. Due to a studio fire, the interior sets of the MacNeil residence (with the exception of Regan's bedroom) had to be rebuilt and caused a setback in pre-production. Friedkin claimed that a priest was brought in numerous times to bless the set. After difficulties encountered in the New York production, Blatty asked Fr. King (see reference above) to bless the Washington crew on its first day of filming at the foot of Lauinger Library's steps to 37th Street. The incident was recounted in Fr. King's Washington Post obituary in 2009. While filming the vaginal crucifix stabbing scene, Ellen Burstyn was seriously injured when the crew pulled her harness too hard after Blair hits her across the bedroom, causing permanent damage to the actor's spine. Irish actor Jack MacGowran died from influenza shortly after he filmed his role as director Burke Dennings.

No mention of The Exorcist (1973)? It is surely the scariest movie I have seen and its even more creepier after knowing about the on set incidents and tragedies that took place during its shooting.

Spoiler:

ya but those incidents or tragedies arent actually happening to you when you watch the movie so why would it be scary???

ya but those incidents or tragedies arent actually happening to you when you watch the movie so why would it be scary???

Because we're able to put ourselves in that situation. When you watch a movie apparently you look at it like your reading a comic book.

dunno about you guys but i never picture myself ina situation when I read a comic book.

That some thing can be said for any genre of film.

Fear is an emotion. Movies are known for bringing out emotions. Movies can make people cry, they can make people laugh, and they can scare people. Not everyone will cry, laugh, or scream that varies from person to person. I guess it depends on how emotional you are or aren't.

Last edited:
I'm pretty emotional, I cry pretty easily on sad crap. I cried when Uncle Ben died in the first spiderman movie. Pretty sure I was the only dude there with tears lol.

But on the FEAR note, not much scares me either. The best I can get from a horror film is "super creepy factor" Stuff that makes me go "Ugh!! Oh god please don't eve be under my bed"

Also taking about "jump scares" Drag Me To Hell is the king of "jump scare" movies. If you have a friend that flinches during horror flicks make them watch it their head will hit the ceiling!

Reminds me of my ex girlfriend. She gets very violent and punchy during them jump scares. When we saw that movie I about had a bruise on my ARM from where she was hitting me. That movie scared her too.

It scared me as a kid, now its just funny. The thing is scary for a different reason to me, its more psychological I guess. Pissed that I haven't seen the new one. Child's play scared me as a kid, and mainly the doll and all dolls in generally scare me now. Dead silence didn't scare me, but those dolls in real life do.

I would say that more movies that deal with exorcisms and demons scare me. Like the excorist, and a lot of the excorism type movies, or movies where they are being tormented by a demon. It's not so much the movie scares me, most of the time, its after the movie when I start to think about it.

Like I like watching those ghost adventure type shows, but they scare me afterwards sometimes.

Lol thats basically like saying that on seeing a funny scene there is no reason for me to laugh since it isn't real or actually happening around me, so why is it funny?

Lol thats basically like saying that on seeing a funny scene there is no reason for me to laugh since it isn't real or actually happening around me, so why is it funny?

lol not really. you can just hear something funny and laugh but nobodies going to chase you with an axe or a chainsaw in real life if youre watching a movie with that happening. im not saying it cant happen outside watching the movie but its not actually happening just because you see it in a movie. like a almost same example is that i could read a funny part in a book and laugh but if i read a "scary" part in another book im not going to get the feeling that whats happening in the book is actually happening to me for real. i just kinda use common sense when watching something scary or violent. its what makes me not "wuss out". humor works different than horror does. much different.

lol not really. you can just hear something funny and laugh but nobodies going to chase you with an axe or a chainsaw in real life if youre watching a movie with that happening. im not saying it cant happen outside watching the movie but its not actually happening just because you see it in a movie. like a almost same example is that i could read a funny part in a book and laugh but if i read a "scary" part in another book im not going to get the feeling that whats happening in the book is actually happening to me for real. i just kinda use common sense when watching something scary or violent. its what makes me not "wuss out". humor works different than horror does. much different.

Yea, but what I was trying to imply and what n9195v has said already, fear just like laughing, crying etc are a result of one's emotional levels. Some may not find funny things on tv funny but laugh at jokes made in real life, just like how you don't find horror movies scary but may become scared if something similar happens in real life. It all depends on how strong each of our emotions are, the stronger it is, its easier to empathise with movies and the easier the said emotion is bought out.