Other genres you want to see Mortal Kombat crossover into?

Sareena

So far we had racing,and puzzle,I wouldn't mind seeing an MK learning game,or a whole new game based around Scorpion like MK:MSZ.

Imagine an MK RTS game. Shirai Ryu troops againt the Lin Kuei ninjas. Outworld mercenaries against White Lotus monks.

Imagine an MK RTS game. Shirai Ryu troops againt the Lin Kuei ninjas. Outworld mercenaries against White Lotus monks.

Man, thats a pretty awesome idea! It would be pretty cool be able to command Ninjas, tarkatans, centaurs, shokan, monks etc and pit them against each other, provided the units are balanced and we have a variety to choose from.

I would like an action/adventure RPG game based on Scorpion and Sub Zero based these ideas.

The game could start off with us choosing either Hanzo Hasashi or Bi Han and follow their respective adventures/story starting with their younger days, when they were just recruits and progresses to the events of MK mythologies and the showdown in which Hanzo would be killed. From here we follow the story from how scorpion got resurrected and till he eventually kills Bi Han through the events of MK1 and MK2.
Then later, after Kuai Liang escapes the cyber initiative of the lin kuei, he and scorpion could team up seeing common enemies in the brotherhood of the shadow led by Quan Chi and Noob and Lin Kuei led by Sektor and they could even throw in the Tengu Clan led by Wu Lae as seen in Armageddon.

I think this would be the best route to go by if at all NRS plans to make a fire and Ice game featuring scorpion and sub zero, even though the latter part of the story is not canon. But since a whole lot of events in MK shaolin monks wasnt a canon, i guess it wont be a problem.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I would like it to be a combination of Batman:AC for the free roam and platforming, Mk9 for the fight mechanics and MKD konquest mode, where you will be able to interact with people and do quests for them and at the same time along with the main quest. It would be really fascinating to explore various places at earthrealm, outworld, netherealm or even Edenia in so much more depth.

For the combat system I would like it to be predominantly based on MK Shaolin monks but to be taken to a whole new level. One of the main disadvantage in using scorpion or sub zero in shaolin monks were their weak projectiles. Sub didnt have any enhanced ice ball and scorpion's spear missed the target most of the time. Also these did very little damage making boss fights (especially baraka) ridicously hard. Maybe its just me, but I feel they should be given one more projectile for the next game which damages opponents than just imobolise them.
Scorpion could have ,throwing kunais (as Hanzo Hasashi) and fireball (as scorpion). Sub Zero could have throwing ice daggers as a projectile attack.

These are the special moves I would like to be included in the game, basically all the special moves these characters had in the fighting games.

Scorpion/Hanzo
Damaging projectile: Fireball (scorpion), throwin kunai (hanzo)
Immobolizing projectile: spear
Teleport punch
Backflip kick
Hellfire(scorpion), Exploding powder (Hanzo- Hanzo throws a small bag of exploding powder beneath the opponents feet and engulfing them
in fire)
Fire breath

Sub Zero- Bi han/Kuai Liang
Damaging projectile: throwing ice dagger
Immobilizing projectile: ice ball
Ground freeze
Ice slide
Cold shoulder
Ice shower
Ice clone
Tombstone teleport

I would also like some special weapon based dedicated combos which could do higher damage but has a recharge time and also leaves us more exposed to attacks/or if we get attacked, we loose Hp more etc. Also would like to see scorpion use his spear in a similar fashion to how chain sickles are used by Ninjas along with his swords. For platforming, Scorpion could use his spear to latch onto targets and pull himself to it, much like Batman's grappling hook. Sub Zero could make a temporary ice bridge and slide his way to the top of buildings etc. They both could use their teleports to travel over short distances as well.

As for the fighting system in general, i would like it to be similar to the one in MK9.where we have a number of preset combos, which could be linked together and could end with special attacks, weapon combos etc.

Another important feature I would like is some RPG elements of upgrading specials and unlocking combos etc. Hanzo's throwing Kunai could evolve from a single kunai throw to a faster one, then to a kunai in flames, to kunais hitting multiple targets etc. Sub Zero's ice ball could evolve to a single ball that freezes a single target, then to multiple ice balls that freezes many target, followed by ice beam hitting multiple targets etc.

Along with these I would also like to customize scorpion's/sub Zero's attire,armour and weapons. For example Sub Zero could start off with just ninja garbs, with a cloth covering his face and his ice powers/daggers arent that strong. Later after gaining enough experience/gold you could buy better equipment such as face masks, arm guards, shin guards chest plates, garbs that enhances stealth where it would take a while for opponents to detect you or a special glove that enhances freezing abilities or some of them could be discovered such as sub Zero's ancestral armour, from the ice caves at outworld. Also they could add some strategy options here which could determine our style making us choose whether to go with stealth, which increases our attack speed but we get hurt much quicker or heavy armor which slows down our movement and attacks but offers good protection etc.

Man, thats a pretty awesome idea! It would be pretty cool be able to command Ninjas, tarkatans, centaurs, shokan, monks etc and pit them against each other, provided the units are balanced and we have a variety to choose from.

I would like an action/adventure RPG game based on Scorpion and Sub Zero based these ideas.

The game could start off with us choosing either Hanzo Hasashi or Bi Han and follow their respective adventures/story starting with their younger days, when they were just recruits and progresses to the events of MK mythologies and the showdown in which Hanzo would be killed. From here we follow the story from how scorpion got resurrected and till he eventually kills Bi Han through the events of MK1 and MK2.
Then later, after Kuai Liang escapes the cyber initiative of the lin kuei, he and scorpion could team up seeing common enemies in the brotherhood of the shadow led by Quan Chi and Noob and Lin Kuei led by Sektor and they could even throw in the Tengu Clan led by Wu Lae as seen in Armageddon.

I think this would be the best route to go by if at all NRS plans to make a fire and Ice game featuring scorpion and sub zero, even though the latter part of the story is not canon. But since a whole lot of events in MK shaolin monks wasnt a canon, i guess it wont be a problem.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I would like it to be a combination of Batman:AC for the free roam and platforming, Mk9 for the fight mechanics and MKD konquest mode, where you will be able to interact with people and do quests for them and at the same time along with the main quest. It would be really fascinating to explore various places at earthrealm, outworld, netherealm or even Edenia in so much more depth.

For the combat system I would like it to be predominantly based on MK Shaolin monks but to be taken to a whole new level. One of the main disadvantage in using scorpion or sub zero in shaolin monks were their weak projectiles. Sub didnt have any enhanced ice ball and scorpion's spear missed the target most of the time. Also these did very little damage making boss fights (especially baraka) ridicously hard. Maybe its just me, but I feel they should be given one more projectile for the next game which damages opponents than just imobolise them.
Scorpion could have ,throwing kunais (as Hanzo Hasashi) and fireball (as scorpion). Sub Zero could have throwing ice daggers as a projectile attack.

These are the special moves I would like to be included in the game, basically all the special moves these characters had in the fighting games.

Scorpion/Hanzo
Damaging projectile: Fireball (scorpion), throwin kunai (hanzo)
Immobolizing projectile: spear
Teleport punch
Backflip kick
Hellfire(scorpion), Exploding powder (Hanzo- Hanzo throws a small bag of exploding powder beneath the opponents feet and engulfing them
in fire)
Fire breath

Sub Zero- Bi han/Kuai Liang
Damaging projectile: throwing ice dagger
Immobilizing projectile: ice ball
Ground freeze
Ice slide
Cold shoulder
Ice shower
Ice clone
Tombstone teleport

I would also like some special weapon based dedicated combos which could do higher damage but has a recharge time and also leaves us more exposed to attacks/or if we get attacked, we loose Hp more etc. Also would like to see scorpion use his spear in a similar fashion to how chain sickles are used by Ninjas along with his swords. For platforming, Scorpion could use his spear to latch onto targets and pull himself to it, much like Batman's grappling hook. Sub Zero could make a temporary ice bridge and slide his way to the top of buildings etc. They both could use their teleports to travel over short distances as well.

As for the fighting system in general, i would like it to be similar to the one in MK9.where we have a number of preset combos, which could be linked together and could end with special attacks, weapon combos etc.

Another important feature I would like is some RPG elements of upgrading specials and unlocking combos etc. Hanzo's throwing Kunai could evolve from a single kunai throw to a faster one, then to a kunai in flames, to kunais hitting multiple targets etc. Sub Zero's ice ball could evolve to a single ball that freezes a single target, then to multiple ice balls that freezes many target, followed by ice beam hitting multiple targets etc.

Along with these I would also like to customize scorpion's/sub Zero's attire,armour and weapons. For example Sub Zero could start off with just ninja garbs, with a cloth covering his face and his ice powers/daggers arent that strong. Later after gaining enough experience/gold you could buy better equipment such as face masks, arm guards, shin guards chest plates, garbs that enhances stealth where it would take a while for opponents to detect you or a special glove that enhances freezing abilities or some of them could be discovered such as sub Zero's ancestral armour, from the ice caves at outworld. Also they could add some strategy options here which could determine our style making us choose whether to go with stealth, which increases our attack speed but we get hurt much quicker or heavy armor which slows down our movement and attacks but offers good protection etc.

You and me both.
I've been dying for an MK: Fire and Ice game for the longest time.

I say action/adventure so it can crossover with Bloodrayne and Lollipop Chainsaw. Zombies and Vampires taking over each realm with Swan, Kagan, and Shao Kahn being the major villains behind this mess. Juliet Starling, Rayne, Kitana, Jade, and the other Earthrealm heroes can join forces and work together to stop the invasion. :)

Story RPG where Cage has to coerce or trick various MK characters into starring, producing, writing, and directing in his latest movie, Ninja Mime 2.

I would like to see a strategic game like Age of Mythology.

The story would follow the events long years ago, when Shao Kahn took over Edenia, after they loss in the tournament.

You could choose between the Outworld and Edenia and play a campaign with the whole story. You could build all these things from AoM. As soldiers you could have Tarkatans, Centaurs, Shokans, Reptiles on one side and a edenian army and similar soldiers on the other side. You would have special strong warriors like Goro, Kintaro, the Tormenter, Baraka, Reiko and for Edenia would fight warriors like Rain, Taven, blablabla.

You can build temples for the gods Shao Kahn and Argus and they can help you directly like in AoM. You could also aks the elder gods.

There are so many thinks and ideas you could bring into this game...

A RTS game would be epic.

Another epic idea is making a mortal kombat RPG, or possibly a MMORPG think about it so much things to explore.

The fighting game genre

It would be an arcade game (those are still currently popular, right) that would be ported later onto consoles

Everyone would have a bunch of special attacks that they could execute during the battle but their normal attacks would just be the same for everybody

The main mode would be like an arcade ladder where you move up the ladder as you beat opponents on the ladder until you get to the final boss of the game

Once the final boss is defeated, an arcade ending would be shown that corresponds to the stories/biographies of the character you beat the ladder with

They could even have it to where at the end of the match, the winner could perform a finisher of sorts that would kill your opponent in gruesome and over-the-top ways (I dunno, like, ripping out their spine or something maybe?)

The fighting game genre

It would be an arcade game (those are still currently popular, right) that would be ported later onto consoles

Everyone would have a bunch of special attacks that they could execute during the battle but their normal attacks would just be the same for everybody

The main mode would be like an arcade ladder where you move up the ladder as you beat opponents on the ladder until you get to the final boss of the game

Once the final boss is defeated, an arcade ending would be shown that corresponds to the stories/biographies of the character you beat the ladder with

They could even have it to where at the end of the match, the winner could perform a finisher of sorts that would kill your opponent in gruesome and over-the-top ways (I dunno, like, ripping out their spine or something maybe?)

Man you're on to something, we should start a brand new game franchise.