Metal Gear 5 Announced (Sort of)

The Marshall

Kojima confirmed that there will be a MGS5

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/20/kojima-on-metal-gear-solid-5-i-can-tell-you-two-things

In my opinion Metal Gear is the Greatest Video game franchise in history (MGS1 & MGS4 are my two favorite games ever)

But, I think they should of just left it alone with 4, it had the perfect ending, wrapped everything up, left you satisfied.

Them making another metal gear is like Micheal Jordan coming out of retirement to play for the wizards, he already had the perfect ending, but he screwed it up coming back.

Metal gear fans what do u think?

i agree with you 100 percent the last one that was on ps3 was sick one of the best games i have ever played i dont think ive seen anyone top those graphics on the cut scenes great story and fun game that metalgear rising looks sick to

I wanted to try out the MGS series for awhile but didn't get around to it. What kind of game is it and what makes it different from other games in the same genre? I really want to try it out.

Them making another metal gear is like Micheal Jordan coming out of retirement to play for the wizards, he already had the perfect ending, but he screwed it up coming back.

It's NOTHING like that.
MGS 5 is rumored to be a game that takes place in the PAST.
The only era of the MGS past that hasn't been explored yet was the time between Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2: Snakes Revenge (NES versions).

That being said, I could see MGS 5 involving Solid Snake, infiltrating Outer Heaven, fighting Null (Gray Fox before he became the Cyborg Ninja), and finally facing off against Big Boss (pre-MGS1).

Jinko, MGS is an action stealth-based game with emphasis on sneaking.
I'd suggest starting off with the PS1 version of MGS1 (on the PSN store), and followed by the HD Collection.
If you want to play it in chronological order, though, I'd suggest going with the HD Collection first.

Chronological order is as follows:
MGS 3 (HD Collection)
MGS: Peace Walker (HD Collection)
MGS1 (PS1 Classics on PSN store)
MGS2 (HD Collection)

@Ermackin - Metal Gear Rising has nothing to do with the Metal Gear Solid series.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a spin-off of the Metal Gear Solid franchise, but Hideo Kojima has said various times that Rising is its own series.

But, I think they should of just left it alone with 4, it had the perfect ending, wrapped everything up, left you satisfied.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

One era I'd like to see is the WWII era with The Boss and her Cobra unit.

That wouldn't be canon, though.
It would just be another spin-off.

Big Boss is believed to have been born in 1935, which would have made him about 27 years old during the events of MGS 3 (1962).
Big Boss would have been 7 or 8 years old (in 1942 - 1943), when The Boss and her Cobra unit were being formed in the WW II era.

A Metal Gear game without Big Boss or Solid Snake isn't a Metal Gear Solid game, IMO.

It's NOTHING like that.
MGS 5 is rumored to be a game that takes place in the PAST.
The only era of the MGS past that hasn't been explored yet was the time between Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2: Snakes Revenge (NES versions).

Okay thank goodness

I hope they leave the metal gear series with the MGS4 ending....

Speaking of Metal Gear.. Rising looks like a steaming pile of dog shit

Speaking of Metal Gear.. Rising looks like a steaming pile of dog shit

I don't know what it looks like (because I haven't played it yet), but I'll save judgement for when I rent it.

As for MGS 5:

According to a magazine reveal, MGS 5 takes place in Africa.

http://n4g.com/news/1023349/metal-gear-solid-5-takes-big-boss-for-africa

There is only 1 game in the Metal Gear franchise that takes place before the MGS 1 game, in Africa, with Big Boss.
That game is Metal Gear 1 (NES version).
Galzburg, South Africa is where Big Boss formed Outer Heaven in Metal Gear 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_(video_game)

That being said, there is a good possibility that MGS 5 is ACTUALLY a remake of Metal Gear 1, which if true, I'm SUPER hyped for.

In Metal Gear 1, Snake goes into South Africa and infiltrates Outer Heaven to save an operative named Frank Jaeger (if you know where I'm going with this ;)), Doctor Madnar (who created the first Metal Gear (Metal Gear D) and gave Raiden a blood transfusion in MGS 4) and his daughter Ellen.

BTW "solid" in the title refers to the use of 3D graphics it is a coincidence that Solid snake is generally the main character and leads some to believe that is where it came from don't believe me look it up. Its exclusion from Metal Gear Rising is to clarify the arc between series (like ac!d) but the origin remains the same however more convoluted in understanding.

But i can't wait for this game im ready to see the FOX engine in full glory (since rising isn't using it anymore:???:) I hope that the story is on par with peace walker and not as rushed as MGS4. Also hoping there aren't any more naming changes (McDonnel Benedict Miller becomes Kazuhira Miller wtf...) and i want to have the option to eat animals in the jungle again!

If there is a remake they should make, it should be MG2: Solid Snake, that one was the best non-MGS game.

Actually just found another article that says that it takes place between 1974 and 1980 in Africa, and that "Diamond Dogs" may in fact refer to the Blood Diamond issue in Africa during that time.
Looks like a prequel to MG 1, and we'll also get to see the creation of Solid Snake (he was born around 1974).

http://www.planetplaystation.com/news/2012/06/rumor-metal-gear-solid-5-to-take-place-in-africa/

It's highly hinted that we'll be playing as Big Boss, and considering that Outer Heaven was formed in Africa, it's possible that Big Boss uses the diamonds as a way to fund Outer Heaven.