Metal Gear 5 Announced (Sort of)

I think Big Boss will use the funds he got from Gene at the end of MGS: Portable Ops.

It's strange and confusing because the years in that link are said to be from 1974 thru 1980.
Which would mean the beginning of Outer Heaven and the Les Enfants Terribles project.

If you take that era away (1974-80) and replace it with 1995 instead, it could be a remake of MG 1, with Solid Snake as the main protagonist.
If its in that that era (1974-80), then it could be a prequel to MG 1, with Big Boss as the main protagonist.

Didn't the Les Enfants Terribles project begin in 1972?

It did, but we don't know exactly when Snake and Liquid were born.
The research for the project may have started in 1972, but they could have been born in 1974.
It would make Snake a 21 year old, rookie during the events of MG 1. ;-)

You know I just had a theory, what if Zero is the main villain in this one, considering by now him and Big Boss are enemies.

Last edited:
You know I just had a theory, what if Zero is the main villain in this one, considering by know him and Big Boss are enemies.

It is possible.
The formation of The Patriots started with Zero (known as Major Tom in MGS 3), as Big Boss explained to Snake, at the end of MGS 4.

MGS 5 could also be Big Boss infiltrating the fortress where Zero is at, and taking it over for himself, continuing the formation of Outer Heaven with Patriot soldiers.

I think will also see how the Outer Heaven Resistance was formed, because I think it would be cool if they actually turned out to be with the Patriots.

I wonder if well see Python from Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops in this game, considering we never found out what happened to him after the events of Portable Ops.

A remake of the original METAL GEAR, not MGS, the one on the MSX machine, how awesome would it be infiltrating outer heaven in next gen graphics and gameplay, don't get me wrong the original was good just a remake would clarify sooo many things for newcomers and such.