G4's Top 100 games of all time

I'm disappointed in you 3.. Half life 2 was the shit man.

I was just never into the whole FPS genre, in general.
Portal and Portal 2 are just about the exception, for me, because it was more puzzle based.
I never could get into games like Gears or MW.
Tried them before and they're just not my type of games.

The Orange Box comes with 2

Episode 1

Episode 2

Haven't even opened Episode 1 and 2 yet.

BOINK!

BONK!

Dude, Seriously.. give them a try, I MEAN PLAY FOR AT LEAST 1 Hour :L

I was just never into the whole FPS genre, in general.
Portal and Portal 2 are just about the exception, for me, because it was more puzzle based.
I never could get into games like Gears or MW.
Tried them before and they're just not my type of games.

FPS are getting old now, and they're starting to feel the same. That's why I switched to fighters it's something new each time you play.

I know lol I just hate to see Gears near the horrid

Modern Warfare

Bish, Don't even put CoD4 in the same category as Modern Horseshit 2 and 3.

I haven't played Gears 3 yet, but I've owned 1 and 2. So Gears is definitely above CoD.. IMO, CoD is just mainstream.

I'm not going to watch it, number 1 is a Zelda game isn't it?

Edit: Lol, didn't even look at the OP. Shit isn't a vidya :laugh:

Can't believe Mario Bros is number 1.
What do they base this off of?

Mortal Kombat is agreeable! But no Lollipop Chainsaw? Not even in number 100? F*** this list them! :soapbox:

I have Madworld, I really enjoyed it, but it really is a one trick pony.

There is literally no reason to play it after you beat it except for the double chainsaw and katana.

I get the impression that this list is based upon it's effects at it's time/release.

Because if it was by pure fun by today's standards this list is all kinds of messed up.

Glad to see starcraft so close to the top.

Ok, a few things here. #1, yes, there are a few too many ancient arcade games on here. Galaga should be higher, though, but several of those games shouldn't be there. #2, clearly whoever made this list never played FF seriously, because FFVII is way too high and the series is otherwise unrepresented, which is insane. #3, this is actually the first serious list of this type that I have seen in which MK is even represented, which is nice I suppose, but I think MKII should get the spot. #4, LttP over OoT? Seriously? Even I think that's silly, and I'm of the generation that would be more nostalgic about LttP. #5, Super Mario 64 way down in the 40s is a travesty. Finally, I'm a tad annoyed that Sid Meier's Pirates! isn't on here, but I won't bother trying to argue that as I'm sure none of you have played it.

I also love how they thought Angry Birds is in the top 50.

Any serious list of the top games of all time, just like serious lists of the top films of all time, have to take the game/film's historical influence into account. I don't hardly know anything about Angry Birds, and I still know it belongs on this list.

Can't believe Mario Bros is number 1.
What do they base this off of?

Wow bbblp... even I didn't think you were this big of a moron. Any list of this type that doesn't have Super Mario Bros. at #1 I don't even take seriously. Without Super Mario Bros, you wouldn't even be playing video games right now.

I get the impression that this list is based upon it's effects at it's time/release.

Because if it was by pure fun by today's standards this list is all kinds of messed up.

Yeah, that basically seems to be the deal.

Go find a black chick named Nostalgia and suck her toes all you want lol.

Super Mario Bros. may be a pioneer, but the first doesn't always equal the best.
And I ask what they base this on because all the title says is Top 100.
Doesn't specify the if its the top funnest, top best selling, top legendary, none of that.

Last edited: