Official NHL Thread

There isn't. As of now, the season has been called off. The players union was supposed to come up with an agreeable cap with the owners this past weekend but failed to do so.

The NHL called the season off but the players are trying desperatley right now to give them one final offer. It won't work though. NHL is gone this year and I could care less if it came back.

oh thanks just wanted to know since i am a major hockey fan and this is a big let down for me and any other hockey fan

I feel like you should get karma points for some reason, such a good answer

Personally, now that I think of it, this might be an attempt on the NHL to gain attention and shine light on the league and get more people involved. I agree with both Chupacabra and Undertaker, and I don't really care about the whole NHL deal, whether it does or does not come back (even though the Panthers arena is not that far from me), but all this drama from the NHL is really getting people in suspense over what will eventually happen to the whole thing.

As for this year, the season is over. There shouldn't really be any doubts. Too many games were missed, and it would be impossible to make up months' worth of games now. Next season though, I'm almost 100% sure that there will be a higher fan turnout than before due to the league's publicity this season.

I dunno if it would, I know for myself and many other people I knew when baseball had its strike in the 90's I lost all interest in baseball and didnt start really following it until midway through the 2003 season.

Midway into the 2003 season sounds like thats the time when they said baseball players were using steroids, i wonder if that has anything to do with the fact you were wayching baseball at that time

well iits final they are now saying that they are 100 % positive there is no 28-game season, (that's about the 20th time they said that) o well still got ESPN NHL 2K5 and the AHL season to look at, not a big loss anymore

locustlx said:
Midway into the 2003 season sounds like thats the time when they said baseball players were using steroids, i wonder if that has anything to do with the fact you were wayching baseball at that time

Naw thats not why, its cuz I started playing fantasy baseball that year, and I didnt start really getting into it until midway through the year, and then last year I got second with 3 of my 4 teams, shoulda been first, but I wasnt around a computer when the finals started and I missed the first 4 or 5 days.

Although I always kept track of Ken Griffey Jr. cuz hes been my favorite since he was a rookie.

The hockey season is canceled, and 90 percent of the USA doesn’t seem to care. I wonder if the Chamber of Commerce and the special interest groups still believe the taxpayers should spend (money) for an events center with a minor league hockey team as its centerpiece?

i guess i'm not 90 precent of the U.S. since this, to me and all my friends (13 people including me) see this has a huge loss, at least I still got videogames to back me up

I think hockey rules.... but since I don't live in an NHL city it's virtually never on network TV and I don't have cable, so I'm not really missing anything. Still, hockey is cool.

NHL BABY NHL

Almost time for the regualr season, after a longggggg year off it is finally time to enjoy some hockey, anyone else a hockey fan up in this mofo

right here man been playing since I was 6 and been watching since I was about 5, I was bummed during the lockout but oh well it back

well SF if u r a habs fan this might intrest you if u know some hockey history Gump Worsley (golie for canadians, rangers, and north stars) was is my great uncle