Official NHL Thread

What do you mean by THOSE people?
If my fav team is gone, than I cheer for the team close to where I live, and then the teams from my country.

One of those bandwagon people ;)

I cheer for my team and my team only. If they are out, I don't care who wins or who is left. I wont cheer for someone else just because my team is gone. Red and white, through and through <3

When the flames are gone, I'm *****ing through the whole series about how they should be in and not have lost. I'd just prefer a Canadian team win over an American one.

One of those bandwagon people ;)

I cheer for my team and my team only. If they are out, I don't care who wins or who is left. I wont cheer for someone else just because my team is gone. Red and white, through and through <3

That sounds great on paper, but what happens when your team really stinks and is never in it at all? Your Red Wings have been spoiling you. If your team is never in it, it's nice to have an invested reason to still watch.

Having said that, that mainly only applies to me in other sports. Houston has no NHL team, so I have NO reason not to be a bandwagon fan with regards to hockey. Am I rite tittiemcnuggets?

That sounds great on paper, but what happens when your team really stinks and is never in it at all? Your Red Wings have been spoiling you. If your team is never in it, it's nice to have an invested reason to still watch.

Having said that, that mainly only applies to me in other sports. Houston has no NHL team, so I have NO reason not to be a bandwagon fan with regards to hockey. Am I rite tittiemcnuggets?

No, actually, you're wrong ;)

I was a Red Wings fan in the Dead Wings era. I went through those years of disappointment and never gave up on my team.

Meh, to each his own, I just think it doesn't really make someone a real fan if they jump teams just to get a possible victory.

But we don't do it to "get a possible victory." I don't just watch sports to root for my team, but because I love the sport itself. I'm not going to rob myself of the excitement of watching the playoffs just because my team isn't there. At that point, you just naturally take a side because it's human nature to take a side in a battle, even if you're just a spectator. That's how I see it. I just like the sport too much to just give up when my team's done.

And I think you missed my point about the NHL... I don't HAVE a team in the NHL, so why not be a bandwagon fan there?

But we don't do it to "get a possible victory." I don't just watch sports to root for my team, but because I love the sport itself. I'm not going to rob myself of the excitement of watching the playoffs just because my team isn't there. At that point, you just naturally take a side because it's human nature to take a side in a battle, even if you're just a spectator. That's how I see it. I just like the sport too much to just give up when my team's done.

And I think you missed my point about the NHL... I don't HAVE a team in the NHL, so why not be a bandwagon fan there?

Uh...what? o_O

I was talking to Toxic about the bandwagon thing.....I responded to your comments about the Red Wings.....the rest of my post was more towards Toxic and our discussion, not you. You tried to accuse me of being spoiled by the Red Wings when that wasn't the case since I was a fan long before they even started winning....

That really wasn't your point, anyways...you spoke about people who's teams 'suck' and don't often make it....you never said anything about you or anyone else not having a team so you like any random team for whatever reason....

you never said anything about you or anyone else not having a team so you like any random team for whatever reason....

See bold below.

Nobody reads what I type anymore

Uh...what? o_O

I was talking to Toxic about the bandwagon thing.....I responded to your comments about the Red Wings.....the rest of my post was more towards Toxic and our discussion, not you. You tried to accuse me of being spoiled by the Red Wings when that wasn't the case since I was a fan long before they even started winning....

That really wasn't your point, anyways...you spoke about people who's teams 'suck' and don't often make it....you never said anything about you or anyone else not having a team so you like any random team for whatever reason....

I don't see how, prefering one team to win over another when your team is gone is me jumping on the bandwagon. My brother is a bandwagon person. Whoever wins the cup is his favourite team.

Flames first, then the local team, then nationalism kicks in. After that I really don't care.

I wish I could add a poll to this.

So who's gonna win'
Canucks or Bruins?

Obviously the Canucks.

^ I never said that preferring one team to win over another is bandwagoning.....I prefer Boston to win over Vancouver because most Vancouver fans are pathetic but I am not cheering for any team and really don't care who wins because neither team is mine....If Boston wins, the only satisfaction I get is seeing the Canucks fans cry. If Vancouver wins, that sucks, but whatever. I'm not gonna go celebrating in the streets if either team wins and I wont even cheer in my living room.

Like I said, to each his own, I just don't think people who hop on a team who has a chance to win is really a true fan of their own team....just my opinion. I could never cheer for another team. My brother bleeds blue and white (lolMapleLeafs) and he could never cheer for another team....everyone sees it different and it's all just an opinion.

See bold below.
Nobody reads what I type anymore

Sorry, read the first part, got bored, and then failed the read the second part entirely. My bad.

Another Bruins blowout at home. What is up with Boston and getting into Luongo's head? If the Bruins fans were smart, they'd all get tickets to go to Vancouver on Wednesday.

So do I
It shall happen.

My mom thinks there's some complicated conspiracy where Vancouver players are conspiring against aech other to throw games so they make more money.