How do YOU learn a new character?

I'm out. Have fun with your Tarkatan sluts and Edenian whores :]

Bish, please. I'd prefer a combination of the two.
212140-sexy_mileena_super.jpg

I generally choose females as my mains first as well actually lol.

Up until ermac/noob It was all Jade.

Blazblue Noel Vermillion/Mu-12

SFIV Chun Li

SSBM Zelda (Up until today I use fox/falcon/marth)

FFXI my character was a female.

I play Jane Shepard on Mass Effect.

I hate GoW, but I like Bayonetta

Wtf is wrong with me?!

If picking the girls is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Mortal Kombat 1 (in the arcades) - Sonya. My first and only college girlfriend. There, I said it.

MK 2 (arcades) - Sonya's not playable?! KHAAAANNN!!! The femininjas are hot but I REALLY liked Kung Lao's hat (reminded me of my favorite 007 villain, Oddjob) and shadowy mystique, so I played him.

MK 3 (arcades) - Much Kung Lao glory in those arcade days back then (also spent way too much of my college loans for MK quarters). Dabbled with Sonya and Sheeva.

MK 4 (PC) - Sonya. Fujin - I pretended he was Kung Lao turned elder god.

MK 9 - Sheeva (main). Kung Lao occasionally (some of the MK2/3 skills and timing carry over to MK9). Jade, third, because she's so hot.

Other games:

Street Fighter series - Chun Li or Cammy but I'm a horrible at SF.

Tekken - Lili, I love her kicks and flips so much. Hwoarang in Tekken Tag. Got lots of practice vs real people at Korean church, haha. Korean pride, represent whatever, haha.

Soul Calibur - played a lot of Maxi online. Seong Mina, secondary.

Dead or Alive series - mostly Tina, I love strong girls (like Sheeva). Some Leon because he's the closest to a Brazilian jiu jitsu style which I train in.

I, uh, also own both Rumble Roses and Rumble Roses XX (I still really like RR XX). DOA Paradise and DOA Xtreme 2 were made because people like me would still buy them (can't stand the ridiculous chameleon-eye wtf bizarre boob physics though). My ten or so Fallout 3 and FO: New Vegas characters are female too.

Pathetic? Perhaps. Having fun? YES!

I am starting to learn Kratos better. His movesets are good but he is slooooow. I do love his Blade of Olympus fatality. He's a way better choice for a guest character than Freddy.

He's a way better choice for a guest character than Freddy.

Kratos is bottom tier, Freddy is S tier lol.

In order for me to chose a main, I have to actually like them. Either their look or their story.

I go to the lab, study all normals and practice combos.

Take them into Expert Ladder to understand them better and practice combos under pressure.

If I like what I feel (they play in a way that makes it fun), then I take them online to play Tag and pair them with Sektor (my big daddy main), to get used to online lag.

Get used to it and grind them out in Ranked.

Bam, mained.

First Main has to be a female, I dunno why. Just a crazy rule I made up. Next I hit the Lab to get familiar with Strings and Specials, after I'm able to do them without thinking about it I practice combos both Practicable and Impracticable to help my execution.

Next I go straight into Player matches to get my ass handed to me. Salt= Best Motivator ever, out of frustration I practice more and more in the Lab and read a few guides here and there. Then I apply what I know from my other characters to my new upcoming main. Finally I just stick it out in Player matches online until I get the feel for the character.

Kratos is bottom tier, Freddy is S tier lol.

In order for me to chose a main, I have to actually like them. Either their look or their story.

I go to the lab, study all normals and practice combos.

Take them into Expert Ladder to understand them better and practice combos under pressure.

If I like what I feel (they play in a way that makes it fun), then I take them online to play Tag and pair them with Sektor (my big daddy main), to get used to online lag.

Get used to it and grind them out in Ranked.

Bam, mained.

I don't care. I never asked anyways about tiers and rankings. :roll:

@everyone else: Like many of you, most of my main characters are females too. ;-)

Well then lets talk about aesthetics, do you like that fact that fatalities are altered on him?
Mileena's fatality is cut short on him. He receives special treatment because Santa Monica was afraid to 'hurt his image'.
All fatalities are normal on Freddy.

Well then lets talk about aesthetics, do you like that fact that fatalities are altered on him?
Mileena's fatality is cut short on him. He receives special treatment because Santa Monica was afraid to 'hurt his image'.

So. I don't care. Kratos comes from a very popular game but Freddy only came from movies and one stupid game (an old one). They could've chosen characters such as Bloodrayne, Jackie Estacado (The Darkness), Ezio (Assassin's Creed), or many others. But no, they had to choose Freddy. Someone who doesn't have his ownwell known game. Someone who is mostly known in movies. In my opinion, every guest character should have their own well known game (and Freddy's stupid old game doesn't count). Freddy just doesn't belong in MK. He belongs in the movies or have his own good quality horror game/s first before becoming a guest character in other games.

Child hush.

Freddy Krueger's popularity is known worldwide. He is a horror movie icon, Kratos is a fad that will fade off into obscurity soon enough. And if he doesn't, he'll just become the next Sonic. No one wants to keep seeing him, but he keeps on showing up.

Child hush.

Freddy Krueger's popularity is known worldwide. He is a horror movie icon, Kratos is a fad that will fade off into obscurity soon enough. And if he doesn't, he'll just become the next Sonic. No one wants to keep seeing him, but he keeps on showing up.
Yes he's known worldwide to the MOVIES only. Not in games. And too bad Kratos keeps showing up if some people (not no one) don't want him. He will get more famous if it's meant to be.

I ****ing hate that they did that.

.. Mileena showed sympathy because she knew he's the worst character in Vidyah game history.

Rain's fatality on Kratos is the funniest!

I think NRS would do the same to characters like Ezio or Master Chief too.

First I read about them all over the place and write down stuff I want to remember/learn

Than I go into practice mode until I hit a wall (figuratively)

Than I go back to reading and write down more stuff. The crazy stuff like unbreakable combos, set ups, and traps.

Than I train train train until I get use to the character. I usually don't......

When I started playing stick I picked up a new character. This imo was a great idea. I think, not sure though, that it helped me a lot.

Blah. I just set the difficulty on medium and go use each combo and move. Then I put together a few nice combos myself and then go try them online and get totally killed lol. Again and again and again and again. And I think to myself, this is fun. I haven't sucked this bad at a MK game my whole life.