What Pad/Stick do you use?

How does a pad work compared to a controller?

A pad is a controller, xbox and ps3 controllers are considered pads. If you're talking about 6 button pads then they just have 6 face buttons. They're much better than normal controllers for sf and they're cheaper than arcade sticks. They're like the middle ground. I sometimes use them instead of stick because I get problems with my wrists. You can get the new sfxt fightpad for like 40 dollars I think.

@Rikolaw

I would've bought the neo geo pad if it was still available just for nostalgia reasons, but I don't think its round d-pad would've worked well with MK.

Screw the Madcatz fightpads, I have one, they're overrated as hell, not to mention the ugly artworks on them.

So far, the Hori FC3 and PS2 controllers are the best pads for this game.

I have the budget for a quality stick, but I've never been a stick user, I'm not sure if it would be wise of me to spend $200 on a stick and regret it afterwards. I also don't know if I'm really willing to re-learn every combo with a stick.

Last edited:
@Rikolaw

I would've bought the neo geo pad if it was still available just for nostalgia reasons, but I don't think its round d-pad would've worked well with MK.

Screw the Madcatz fightpads, I have one, they're overrated as hell, not to mention the ugly artworks on them.

So far, the Hori FC3 and PS2 controllers are the best pads for this game.

I have the budget for a quality stick, but I've never been a stick user, I'm not sure if it would be wise of me to spend $200 on a stick and regret it afterwards. I also don't know if I'm really willing to re-learn every combo with a stick.

Yeah I have 2, one SF4 one & I sfxt one, I also have the Hori FC3, the madcatz feel cheaper than the Hori one. I have always used the Hori over the madcatz, that applies to sticks as well. I wish Qanba made fightpads because they make the best quality stuff.

Yeah I have 2, one SF4 one & I sfxt one, I also have the Hori FC3, the madcatz feel cheaper than the Hori one. I have always used the Hori over the madcatz, that applies to sticks as well. I wish Qanba made fightpads because they make the best quality stuff.

Totally agree!

My only complaint about the Hori FC3 is that there are too many buttons. I don't think it was necessary to have 4 R buttons, they could've put L1-R1 on the face and made L2-R2 the shoulder buttons. We wouldn't need the switch shoulder buttons feature then. I'm difficult lol.

The pad of my dreams:

Snes' shape
PS2's D-Pad and shoulder buttons
FC3's face buttons.

Totally agree!

My only complaint about the Hori FC3 is that there are too many buttons. I don't think it was necessary to have 4 R buttons, they could've put L1-R1 on the face and made L2-R2 the shoulder buttons. We wouldn't need the switch shoulder buttons feature then. I'm difficult lol.

The pad of my dreams:

Snes' shape
PS2's D-Pad and shoulder buttons
FC3's face buttons.
I love the Hori FC3 but for some reason my top right index finger starts to cramp after long play sessions of MK (never had that problem with the PS3 controller) I hope when they design the FCP4 they can remedy this problem.

So I got this today, a Sega Saturn USB Pad, no knock-off, the real deal, works with MK and I love it!

1751494-free_shipping_classic_sega_saturn_game_pad_controller_for_sony_ps3_computer_video_game_controller_usb_super.jpg

So I got this today, a Sega Saturn USB Pad, no knock-off, the real deal, works with MK and I love it!

1751494-free_shipping_classic_sega_saturn_game_pad_controller_for_sony_ps3_computer_video_game_controller_usb_super.jpg

looks cool but Im concerned about how long it will last compared to the original saturn controller ( I read some reviews claiming the d pad stops working after extended play ) but Id prefer a USB PS2 pad but sony doesn't make one so I will save up for the converter instead.

looks cool but Im concerned about how long it will last compared to the original saturn controller ( I read some reviews claiming the d pad stops working after extended play ) but Id prefer a USB PS2 pad but sony doesn't make one so I will save up for the converter instead.

I have 2 different converters that allow me to use the PS2 controller on the PS3, the Pelican one has a home button on it, it works great, the only I thing I don't like is that it turns the analog power button into a home button as well, enabling the use of the analog sticks at the same time, I'd rather keep them disabled.

Currently I use the Normal PS3 Controller because is more comfortable for me. But I'm adapting wit a normal Xbox 360 Controller :)