What Pad/Stick do you use?

How much did it cost? I want a stick sooo bad :[

The stick you need is this one

360_main.jpg

http://stores.horiusa.com/-strse-157/PRE-dsh-ORDER-cln--Xbox-360-Fighting/Detail.bok

So freaking beautiful

*Opens link and looks at price*

:dong:

Something a little cheaper :laugh:

Eightarc.com has the best duel modded sticks available.

It's $150 but it's made to last and works on pc ps3 and xbox.

Also these are sought after so if you don't like it you'll have no problem reselling it for like 140 or 130.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed by the lack of pads available, I'm not much of a stick user.

There's the

Hori FC3
Madcatz Fightpad
PDP Versus
DreamgGear Arcade Fighter Classic Pad

If you know more pads for the PS3, let me know, I'm always looking for new ones.

It's hard to hit confirm

HitBox's give an unfair advantage imo. You can do things that are impossible to do on consistently on pad or stick.

IMO, as long as your hitting all the necessary buttons to do the actions it's fair game.

Why should we humans limit ourselves, and increase my chances of carpal tunnel just to show you I can push buttons in a more difficult manner.

If Xbox had it also would you really complain?

I use to be in the boat everything should be more difficult to be impressive. I have changed my mind since then. I'd rather fight my opponent than to fight controls/the game.

I was a part of the Brood war hate SC2 easiness fan bus for a while. But then I realized, If I like it so hard, it's a slippery slope where you could be like "Well using your thumbs on the PS3 controller is too easy, we're gonna ban thumbs you have to play the game with your ring finger and your pinkie.

As long as 1 button isn't doing 29 commands for you at once. aka push 1 button does a whole combo. I don't see the point in complaining. You'll still have to perform the execution all that's been done is you have access to more fingers.

If this was an issue, Then we should be at an uproar anytime a new controller design comes out that assists the players in hitting the buttons easier.

Fighting games would be more entertaining to watch if people didn't DROP everything (as easily) like they set out to do.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah but still you can do things you can't on other devices. Which in my eyes screams cheap. You use to be able to block both ways in mvc3.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah but still you can do things you can't on other devices. Which in my eyes screams cheap. You use to be able to block both ways in mvc3.

It's only "cheap" if it's in a setting where not everyone can afford it.

but if it was easily accessible for everyone you wouldn't call it cheap I don't think

I think you're speaking from a "I don't have one but he does so it's cheap" pov am I right?

EDIT: I agree it should be banned atleast until Xbox players also have access. They can't even practice on one even if they did own one (since most Mk9 tournaments are PS3)

It's only "cheap" if it's in a setting where not everyone can afford it.

but if it was easily accessible for everyone you wouldn't call it cheap I don't think

I think you're speaking from a "I don't have one but he does so it's cheap" pov am I right?

EDIT: I agree it should be banned atleast until Xbox players also have access. They can't even practice on one even if they did own one (since most Mk9 tournaments are PS3)

Just dual mod it. People do it all the time.

Okay imo the hitbox should be banned even if it was on both consoles and only $10. It should be banned because it lets you do things no other device does. It lets you consistently do things that the devs of the game didn't want you to do.

But that's because they didn't anticipate this controller?

Since joysticks can't let you push up and down at the same time, and neigher can D-pads.

I think this is the best controller and it is less likely to harm you and cause carpal tunnel. Games should recognize the hitbox and start making sure things like you mentioned before where people could block cross ups easily by holding both directions. otherwise impossible on a controller.

You keep changing the reasons you hate it. You told Kzaoo that you didn't like it because it offers both D-pad and the button lay out of a arcade stick. Then you said it's unfair because not everyone has access.

and then you start mentioning how it can break some games. But that's only because the game developers didn't design their game with this controller in mind. It's a pretty recent invention.

I HOPE game companies recognize it and start taking it into consideration.

I don't have to hurt my damn fingers playing technical characters on the hitbox.

There are some cool custom sites that will build one how you want it. They are really expensive though.

I can build one also, but I'm too lazy to do it for anyone >.>