Mk9 smoke death combo 168% by tony-t

*Facepalms*

I feel so stupid now, I remember watching a video about meter management and you're right 50% Builds 1 bar.

But I still doubt your opponent wouldn't have enough meter to break if they're playing to win and Smoke's reset isn't guaranteed midscreen so you have to work them into the corner.

its very guaranteed at midscreen! watch!

Also ive done the final calculations. a 48% combo builds your opponent exactly one bar of meter! You can test this in practise mode with a 48% combo from your character of choice or you can just do 4 uppercuts on your opponent and they will build 1 bar of meter, An uppercut does 12% damage.

This means that if you were to begin the death combo on your opponent when they had zero meter, they will not be able to break it until the combo reaches 96%! The reason they cant break is because the 2nd EXsb hits them when they are at 91%. The EXsb is an unbreakable move and does 10% damage. Technically the combo would finish at the 2nd EXsb and do 101%, if this combo were to be done in a match.

I'm pretty sure Smoke has a midscreen reset also. But I don't think it's over 100% damage lol.

If you get caught in this combo somehow at the VERY beginning of the match of round 2 or 3, and you have no meter. You're gonna lose lol. But it's highly unlikely you won't have a breaker because what's the odds of you being caught in that situation perfectly and you have exactly zero meter?

Smoke has a 150% midscreen combo using 3 bars with resets, but its bullshit hard. he has a 115% using 2 bars and 2 resets, but again, its not easy. he does have easier 2 bar 100% + combos, but generally there not at midscreen.

I did a 112% 3 bar combo using 2 resets at midscreen in the video i posted above, its at 5:49. the only way to keep it at midscreen is to use his teleport to switch sides, wich isnt easy..

I always thought his reset was guaranteed in the corner only, but hey you learn something everyday.