The MK Fan Art Tribute proceeds to Round 2!!

GBK

mk-logo.png

Hello, GBK from Game Art HQ here.

Maybe you know and remember the big MK Tribute from last year.

80 different artists have drawn 80 different MK Characters. The whole gallery can be seen here http://www.game-art-hq.com/58104/the-ga-hq-mortal-kombat-series-art-tribute/

Just all playable MK characters were covered up already and a bunch of unplayable ones as well, but what was not yet achieved was to get all the different appereances of the characters in the MK Tribute.

From Liu Kang and Kano in their old MK 1 looks up to the alternative MK9 versions of Skarlet in MK9 for the PsVita

There are around 90 spots to claim, Like in the first part of the MK Tribute every artist can only claim one character spot. Also the artists who were involved last year already can NOT claim another character now.

One of the goals of this Project is the enorm varity of the artworks, no entry should look like another!

All details and a list of avaiable characters is here http://mk-rebirth.deviantart.com/journal/Mortal-Kombat-Tribute-ADD-ON-306902555

You can klaim a character there on deviantart. While i promote the project here now with this thread, its too much for me alone to check this one and similar threads on other MK related communities which have fan art sections as well. So dont send me a private message or claim a character here, most likely i will check this thread a few times but its safer to claim a character via deviantart.

Greets everyone GBK

ps: There is also a MK I 20th Anniversary Tribute in the works by around 20 (koincedence?) artists which are most likely well known to many of you. Expect something eye candy as rarely before related to MK.

Last edited:
mortal_kombat_tribute_banner_by_cepillo16-d53cip3.jpg

As you see the Tribute has a logo now

And a website http://fanart.game-art-hq.com/the-mortal-kombat-tribute/

10 entries are drawn already since the new round was announced first on 07.june, 54 artists are onboard. Around 90 entries are drawn since last year.
I know from one artists that he read about the tribute here first, who knows..maybe someone else from here thinks he can draw like the artists who have drawn the entries below which are a small preview to whats coming and wants to participate in this awesome project to celebrate MK!

Scorpion-MK9-Art-.jpg
Noob-Saibot-MK9-Art.jpg
Baraka-Mortal-Kombat-II-Art.jpg

reptile_by_flavioluccisano-d534hcs.jpg

Around 110 more spots are avaiable for this tribute

Oh for Sub Zero art check the Sub Zero fan art gallery on ga-hq

3 Sub Zero entries are done for the MK Tribute already but i dont have the fullsized versions of the artworks online yet

Small update, over 60 artists are involved with the Tribute now. Pedro gets drawn by a professional artist and Drahmin was never drawn as "beautiful" as for this Tribute

eternal_torment_the_face_of_kun_lo_by_snicholes0000-d53pdjq.jpg

you re welcome, yeah that drahmin art is really good, made me proud that a project i organized lead to the probably first beautiful drahmin related art ever :)

Today a few quite experienced artists claimed characters/designs like the alternate attire of Ashrah from MKD, also MK1 Shang Tsung and MKII Sub Zero, i seriously cant wait to see those

Holy Shit, it has been a while since i updated this thread

Back in June 2012 only around 85 artworks were drawn, today there are over 210!
Only 42 Mortal Kombat characters are not yet claimed, mostly designs from MK 4,Armageddon and MK Deception.

The old "Mortal Kombat "Immortal" Tribute gets updated now that the most characters are drawn, you can see it growing here http://www.game-art-hq.com/the-mortal-kombat-immortal-fan-art-project/

The latest two character artworks added are Jade in her alternate costume from MK9 and Kabal in his standard costume from MK9..drawn by Esau13 btw

Kitana-Mortal-Kombat-Deadly-Alliance-MK-Tribute-.jpg
Kitana-Mortal-Kombat-Deadly-Alliance-Alternate-Costume-MK-Tribute-.jpg

Kitana in her MKDA outfits, drawn for the MK Art Tribute

Thought its time for another update, over 200 artworks are submitted now, some characters were re-drawn by other artists as well and even unpopular characterdesigns were drawn now. Only around 60 more MK characterdesigns are not yet submitted, while around 15 artists work on entries.

MK Tribute Thumb.jpg
The gallery on Game Art HQ.com got updated again as well, please just take a look at the Kitana MKDA Alternate Costume article here

Seems the tribute will be done this year with around 270 artworks and descriptions for every main game mk characterdesign.

The next step would be the few additional MK Shaolin Monks / MK Mythology and MK Special Forces designs..and in 2014 we see the first images and trailers for MK10 already i guess.

mkgold_baraka_by_aemiliusresurrection-d6heqh9.jpg

Only around 35 Mortal Kombat character designs were not yet illustrated by fans for our big MK tribute now, today we got the last missing one for Mortal Kombat 4 / Gold in the form of the probably least liked Baraka design in MK History which was modelled by AEmiliusResurrection from Argentinia for our Art Tribute.

Around 250 artworks have been made, the most of them can be seen @ the new adress http://www.game-art-hq.com/58104/the-ga-hq-mortal-kombat-series-art-tribute/

All Mortal Kombat 1- MK 4 / Gold character designs are complete, mostly MK Deception designs are not yet drawn now.