E3 2012: Day 1 - Scott's Thoughts on Injustice

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
The first day of E3 2012 is now over, and so far looks like there is an overall positive feeling for those who are checking out <a href="http://www.trmk.org/games/injustice/">Injustice</a>. Our contributor <a href="http://www.trmk.org/forums/member.php/6768-Scott-Ellison-II">Scott Ellison</a> got to check out the game at the Booth Theatre Demo earlier today. Here's some of his general thoughts on the game.

Just got out from seeing Injustice. Any reservations you may have of this not being good or MK vs DC 2 have been shattered. New experience!

Game Options

The demo was build 0.37-20 of the game. Menu only had options right now for seledcting One or Two Players. Only six characters on the roster, all we have already seen. Select Screen looks like it'll support up to 24 characters.

Loading screens are pictures and a horizontal line draws in separating the word Injustice from Gods Among Us.

Game HUD

The HUD is clean and on the corners of the screen and blends well so it doesn't get intrusive. Our demo had no counter and was only one round to win, this may be how the gameplay is.

Each character's life bar has an armor "shell" which wraps over the standard bar. It's silver and the armor gets broken off by fighting and using gadgets. Once removed, then it starts chipping off the health bar which is red.

At the bottom in the corner is the special meter. It's a half-circle that wraps the character logo: Batman's Batsignal, Superman's S, Flash's Lightning Bolt or Grundy's Tombstone. Once the meter is full the character logo lights up to let you know what you can use.

Special Attacks

Special attacks are long and epic both in scale and display. Superman punched Flash into space. Flash ran around the world to punch Superman. These have been seen in the video demos so far.

Environments

Environments can be destroyed and used against the enemy, like cars on the ground and using a button that deploys missiles from the Batmobile. Bat cave and Daily Planet shown. Each fight was able to transition to three different areas of the location, and can return the fight to the starting point.

The game has minimal blood, but was present. Moves real fast, hard hits. Gadgets will be used by many characters like Batman and Harley Quinn.

He also got some shots of <b>Injustice</b> around the conference hall. Check them out in the gallery below.

<center><iframe width="550" height="550" src="http://www.trmk.org/images/injustice/e3_2012_injustice/" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>

Check back tomorrow, when we hopefully will get some interviews with the people at the show as well as get our hands on the game. So be sure to leave us a comment of what questions about the game you may still have.

The game is starting to peak my interest. I like the armour concept where you must destroy it before bringing down their health.

Thanks Pat and Scott.

The game is starting to peak my interest. I like the armour concept where you must destroy it before bringing down their health.

Thanks Pat and Scott.

I really hope each character has different Armor points and certain moves can pierce armor. (EX moves maybe?)

Damn I can't wait for this game. This game keeps getting better and better with each passing day.

GowA, LOS2 and Injustice top my list for 2013.