Jack Trenton on ps4 “We’ve Never Been First, Never Been Cheapest”

lariat

''I think, if you look back at history we’ve never been first, we’ve never been cheapest, it’s about being best. And I think if you can build a better machine and it’s gonna come out a little bit later, that’s better than rushing something to market that’s gonna run out of gas for the long term. I think, ideally, in a perfect world, you want the best machine that ships first, that’s the cheapest. But the number one goal is to have the best machine, and that’s what we’re always focused on.''

I saw the interview where he made this comment and it really surprised me. Does this mean expensive console pricing ( 599 us dallors ) all over again or does Sony have a better ''longterm'' plan for their fanbase?

http://playstationlifestyle.net/201...s4-weve-never-been-first-never-been-cheapest/

thoughts?

The PS1 and PS2 were not exactly the most powerful consoles of their generation. What they had going for them at the time was market dominance and a vast library of 3rd-party games.

The PS1 and PS2 were not exactly the most powerful consoles of their generation. What they had going for them at the time was market dominance and a vast library of 3rd-party games.

I don't think he meant playstion has always been the most powerful console when compared to other machines but rather a better all around console that will last and not lose steam early in it's life cycle IMO.
I'm a little confused by this statement being the new Japan CEO has said PS4 will not be a mega ton machine like the PS3 was when it was first unveiled especially after seeing nintendo's e3 conference with the Wii U being very dissappionting for some.

This is why I love sony. Completely up front and saying yeah we might have something but you'll just need to wait until the ps3 is an older man. lol

Not trying to sound fanboy-ish but I bought a 360 used lasted about a year and it shit the bed. So I turned to sony, again I bought used i"ve had it sense I was 18 I'm 20 now. If Sony can deliver a quality product in this next gen again I'd be willing to support them again.