Wreck-It Ralph

This movie looks absolutely epic. The nostalgia level is off the charts. It's just too bad my kids can't quite appreciate it the way I can. I also can't wait for AGVN's review.

By the way, in the bad guys meeting scene, next to bowser you can see the human form of Noob Saibot.

That looks like some generic ninja.

Last edited:
So yeah, I saw this movie. I rarely ever go see kids movies, but cmon I couldnt not see this. Its just too good of a concept to miss. No shame.

And indeed it was a good concept. I was just smiling the whole time during the first 40 minutes. All the refrences and pretty much the whole idea was just great. And you really feel for Ralph himself. Hadnt seen a movie that made me feel that good in ages. Unfortunately it starts to become a typical disney movie rather than the genius movie it was earlier when they enter the candyland segment and it starts to drag on. I was letdown by this to be honest. But its still an ok movie though cause of its characters and premise. I just think Pixar would have probably handled this amazing concept better. Hoping this does well so we can get a sequel that will put this universe to use. So yeah, If you love video games, and possibly thought about seeing this just because of what its about, just go and see it and enjoy it for that reason. Its a good movie and I recommend it.

Oh, and Kano is in this movie and
Spoiler:
he does his heart rip fatality....on his zombie friend. That made my day.

Last edited:
the short before the movie is almost worth going to see alone.

Paperman_still_1.jpg

3099921593_1_3_cXcg9Rmd.jpg

paperman_3.jpg

It's 3D animation. And its amazing how well done it is and how much it looks like hand drawn 2D animation. When you actually watch it in motion, the 3D is more noticable though. They should seriously make a movie done in the same style as this.

Sky Valley summed up the movie perfectly.

1/3 of it is filled with awesome cameos and nostalgic moments but the other 2/3 is the Disney Movie you were expecting, but not a bad one at all. I enjoyed this movie from start to finish, and I'd even watch it a second time.

9/10

Probably my favorite animated movie besides Toy Story 1. I really liked all the characters, from Wreck-It Ralph to the woman from Hero's Duty.

Also, the animated short before the movie was the best short EVER

It's not officially Kano, but his actions and appearance make it obviously a reference/homage to him.

There are no other MK characters (or references to them) in the movie, either. Also, Zangief isn't a bad guy in SF lore and he's never been portrayed as one, so even if that were Smoke, they could've easily taken the same creative license to have him in that scene.

This is an excelent movie. Gotta love Venelope. Saw it twice on opening weekend.

Last edited:
So yeah, I saw this movie. I rarely ever go see kids movies, but cmon I couldnt not see this. Its just too good of a concept to miss. No shame.

And indeed it was a good concept. I was just smiling the whole time during the first 40 minutes. All the refrences and pretty much the whole idea was just great. And you really feel for Ralph himself. Hadnt seen a movie that made me feel that good in ages. Unfortunately it starts to become a typical disney movie rather than the genius movie it was earlier when they enter the candyland segment and it starts to drag on. I was letdown by this to be honest. But its still an ok movie though cause of its characters and premise. I just think Pixar would have probably handled this amazing concept better. Hoping this does well so we can get a sequel that will put this universe to use. So yeah, If you love video games, and possibly thought about seeing this just because of what its about, just go and see it and enjoy it for that reason. Its a good movie and I recommend it.

Oh, and Kano is in this movie and
Spoiler:
he does his heart rip fatality....on his zombie friend. That made my day.

I was pumped as hell to see it back when the first trailer came out, but, upon seeing the longer trailers, I wasn't too sure I wanted to see it...it looked exactly as you said, like it turns in to a typical Disney movie. I was so excited because of all the video game characters but had a feeling they wouldn't do much in it.

Haven't seen it yet, will probably wait for TV.

Actually it didn't feel like a Typical Disney movie to me. Like it had its own flavor which I really liked about the movie

I was pumped as hell to see it back when the first trailer came out, but, upon seeing the longer trailers, I wasn't too sure I wanted to see it...it looked exactly as you said, like it turns in to a typical Disney movie. I was so excited because of all the video game characters but had a feeling they wouldn't do much in it.

Haven't seen it yet, will probably wait for TV.

well, it still is a good movie though. It grew on me and I take back that its just a typical disney movie. I mean it has the whole badguy must prove himself formula we've all probably seen before and other disney stuff, but the fact that its whole premise is video game related really adds a certain charm to it that you cant see anywhere else. And the idea that video game characters live and interact with eachother while not being played is great. This is pretty much Toy Story for a new generation of kids,(ok maybe not THAT good) but its also something that can be enjoyed no matter your age.

Its good, but yea it could have used more of ralph game jumping and game refrences. But theres always a sequel.