Mortal Kombat: Bloodlust (MUGEN)

JustMKollum

Hello everyone! I am excited to spread the word, announce, and talk about our upcoming MUGEN Project,

mortal_kombat__bloodlust_by_justmkollum-d4utxwq.jpg

Here are the facts/teasers about our game.

1. This game will be 2.5D - The characters and arenas will be modeled in 3D, and used as sprites,
and will be used on a 2D Plane in order for it to work in MUGEN.

2. The number of arenas is 2 more than the number of playable characters.

3. The amount of characters are greater than Mortal Kombat 9's Roster!

4. There will be new characters in the game! Including the Sub-Boss!

5. This is NOT a UMK3/Trilogy roster!

6. Each character will have their own unique throws and victory poses

7. There will be an arcade ladder.

8. There will be biographies and endings for each character!

9. Our cast of characters is diverse! Who we have planned as our cast of characters will be different from most MK MUGEN projects.

10. The two CONFIRMED characters to be in the game are Quan Chi and Sonya Blade. And those are just two characters out of a roster of 30!

Yes, we have a team of people who is helping work on this project.

We have a Biographer, Ending Creator and Plotter -Brian Minor.
We have a character designer, who I will be modeling off of - David.
We have two programmers - Thiago and Gabriel Cheban.
We have a music producer - Legion.
We have a sound effects designer - DJ
and of course, I will be doing the 3D modeling for the characters and arenas.

That's all so far!

I will keep you updated with more details.

- Justin

Last edited:
Hope this project goes well.

I'm confident in it because of the number of your roster.
Too often I see teams go for quantity over quality and the game suffers for it.
No use in having a huge number of characters if the game isn't fun to play.

Good luck guys!

Sounds great! Any screenshots or rendered images from your models? Or is it too early?

Of course! I have some renders for you all. They are the confirmed characters...

mortal_kombat__bloodlust___quan_chi_by_justmkollum-d4xc4bo.jpg

There is work that needs to be done on Quan Chi. This is not his final look. I need to make his spikes thicker and taller, and I'm going to remove the amulet from his belt. According to our biographer's story for Quan Chi, the amulet does not fit into his biography. And Quan Chi will have eyes. I need to add the iris and the pupils to his face. We wanted to go for his Mortal Kombat 4 look, as you can tell. ;)

Now, here is Sonya Blade. This IS her complete and FINAL look.

mortal_kombat__bloodlust___sonya_blade_by_justmkollum-d4vwth1.jpg

We decided to add more camouflage to her outfit for a change. We wanted to make her look more of a militant/special forces agent, but at the same time keeping her sex appeal. I decided to incorporate her MK4 elements, which are her hat and ponytail. It makes sense for the timeline of the game too. Each of our team members are satisfied with her look, so it's her final look.

I hope you guys like it! :)

Attachments

• mortal_kombat__bloodlust___quan_chi_by_justmkollum-d4xc4bo.jpg
    mortal_kombat__bloodlust___quan_chi_by_justmkollum-d4xc4bo.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 38
  • mortal_kombat__bloodlust___sonya_blade_by_justmkollum-d4vwth1.jpg
    mortal_kombat__bloodlust___sonya_blade_by_justmkollum-d4vwth1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Hope this project goes well.

I'm confident in it because of the number of your roster.
Too often I see teams go for quantity over quality and the game suffers for it.
No use in having a huge number of characters if the game isn't fun to play.

Good luck guys!

Thank you!

Yes, we want to make sure that we have a good roster, at the same time top quality game. We are going to make sure this game is fun and wanted to be played... not just a copy of the past, random MK Project MUGENS. We want to give this game a feel of it being an actual, new Mortal Kombat game. There is a lot more featured in the game than what I mentioned already. I will save more details for later. :)

Sonya looks great!
I do miss the good old 2d days. A new 2d MK game is a good idea. Just one question about gameplay. Are you going to use the the classic High and Lo Punch/Kick with the close range combo system? I hope that you will.

Sonya looks great!
I do miss the good old 2d days. A new 2d MK game is a good idea. Just one question about gameplay. Are you going to use the the classic High and Lo Punch/Kick with the close range combo system? I hope that you will.

Yes! We are going to do High Punch, Low Punch, Low Kick, High Kick, etc. That's just the most memorable and easiest way to program. That's how a lot of people are used to playing Mortal Kombat anyways. :)

By the way, it's not just 2D. The characters and arenas are 3D Models. It's 3D, rendered, sprites. All they will be doing is fighting on a 2D platform. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you all for your comments on Sonya! I love getting feedback! :D

Wow this sounds really cool! How do you download mugen, I'd definitely want to try playing it!

The game download will be available in the Download section of our website when it's ready. :proud:

Don't get me wrong, I support what you're trying to do here. But I wish you would put this effort into making a new IP with original ideas and features.

Anyway, I hope you'll do this in the future, if this project goes all well. So good luck.

Don't get me wrong, I support what you're trying to do here. But I wish you would put this effort into making a new IP with original ideas and features.

Anyway, I hope you'll do this in the future, if this project goes all well. So good luck.

Thank you but,

I don't think you understand what this game is about.

We have a whole new concept/storyline for this game. We have new and original ideas. Brian Minor, our biographer/storyline creator came up with original biographies for each of our characters and made sure the biographies relate to one another.

We do have a specific timeline to where this game is taking place. I will reveal that later. What I can say is it is after Mortal Kombat 1 & 2.

Our designer, David is basing his designs off of the way Brian described the characters in their biographies. David wouldn't be able to design without Brian's bios. You'll be surprised on what they both came up with for the characters.

Just wait and see! ;) I can't wait to reveal more as time goes on.

BUMP!

I figured I would keep this thread alive, by having you all anticipate who the roster could be in our game.

This is a hint of who is in our roster, and who is out

The letters categorized are the first letters of the character's names. Just think of the entire Mortal Kombat roster A-Z, and figure out which characters out of the entire roster could make it into our roster. If there is a 0, that means Mortal Kombat characters beginning with either letter, the character did not make our game.

For example - 2 Characters in our game have their name beginning with a letter A or letter B & Characters that have their name beginning with letter G or letter H did NOT make the cut.

GO!

A-B (2 Characters)
C-D (1 Character)
E-F (2 Characters)
G-H (0 Characters)
I-J (2 Characters)
K-L (3 Characters)
M-N (4 Characters)
O-P (0 Characters)
Q-R (4 Characters)
S-T (11 Characters)
U-V (0 Characters)
W-X (0 Characters)
Y-Z (0 Characters)

By the way, it's not just 2D. The characters and arenas are 3D Models. It's 3D, rendered, sprites. All they will be doing is fighting on a 2D platform. ;)
That sounds great...most of the mugen versions of mk where a big disappointment ...
Do u have a youtube channel where we can follow your team's progress or maybe a project site ?

A-B are Bo Rai Cho and Baraka...
C-D - what? 1? Let me guess, it's Cage. Or... Cyrax?
E-F are Ermac and Fujin.
I-J... Jade and Jax.
K-L are: Kitana, Liu Kang and Kung Lao. Pity, no place for Kano.
M-N are 4, so: Mileena, Morato, Nightwolf, Noob Saibot.
Q-R are also 4, so, Quan Chi, Reptile, Raiden, Reiko.
S-T 11!!!! Sonya, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Skarlet, Sektor, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Smoke, Stryker, Shinnok, Tanya. ;) ;)

Here is the latest update for you all!

Here is MILEENA

mortal_kombat__bloodlust___mileena_by_justmkollum-d5a0gc5.jpg

The outfit was designed by my good friend David Gonzales, and the model was created by me in Autodesk Maya.

This is a completely new design for Mileena. We wanted to make Mileena more pink for a change. The colors were inspired by her MK9 attire.

I cannot reveal her biography, because we are saving that for later, for the official website!

I hope you enjoy!