Game mechanics you'd like to see in Injustice

I really want this game to stand on its own. I don't want to be reminded of MK when I'm playing it. That said, I'm sure it will borrow certain things from MK, and I don't really mind that as long as it makes sense.

Some examples:

While similarities already exist, they make sense.

The EX meter in MK9 was great. I wouldn't mind EX-like moves, but I don't think X-Rays would fit in a game like this. If they were to include super moves at all, I could see it being something like an X-Ray, only more spectacular and minus the X-Ray. I'm in favor of a parry system, so long as it's not crappy. I want a real parry system that's difficult to abuse.

Last edited:
I know that NRS is thinking about stage traps and environmental damage but is also including gadget fighters to counter act that so how about a ex bar for enviromental immunity sort of like jades anti projectile green frames. It dosen't last long, cost you a bar, but lets you get past the danger to capitalize.

It looks like my wish for a parry system has been made reality-- sort of, it's not quite what I was thinking but it looks like it's a page out of MK Kratos' book (Wonder woman - shield parry, Batman - cape parry) I could only speculate from here forward.

In terms of parrying, I think it would be wicked if two attacks of equal power negated eachother. For example, if Batman and Flash used medium attacks they negate and can keep going. Now if Doomsday and Superman collided two heavy attacks, the screen could rumble, each taking minor damage. Think of the season ending fights in the justice league animated series.

Kinda like Soul Calibur V.

I think that may work. Would eliminate trading, unless the negating was strictly for the same type (Light punch, medium, heavy)

I don't care what they do as long as the end result has as many tools/options and is balanced as possible.

Of course that it's fun/competitive.

I do NOT want the little cutscenes we've seen interrupt the gameplay. It has to flow. if I'm going to smash Batman into a wall and then proceed to throw him to another area of a level; I want to press some buttons while doing it, and I want the other opponent mashing button too, trying to counter me.

Its funny cause the other day i was thinking about the different mechanics that 2D and 3D fighters have, and i believe the best way for 2D fighters to guard should be pressing back, it feels more natural and it makes transitioning from move to move more fluid so when i read that injustice is changing their guard mechanic to pressing back i was excited, also just like ssfiv, i think a stunned state would fit perfect in this game, it has that comic book characteristic plus it will encourage ppl not to turtle making it a fun and better experience online.

Bull ish.

They're making the super powers the same command as X-rays.
Tired of all this braindead nonsense.

Its funny cause the other day i was thinking about the different mechanics that 2D and 3D fighters have, and i believe the best way for 2D fighters to guard should be pressing back, it feels more natural and it makes transitioning from move to move more fluid so when i read that injustice is changing their guard mechanic to pressing back i was excited, also just like ssfiv, i think a stunned state would fit perfect in this game, it has that comic book characteristic plus it will encourage ppl not to turtle making it a fun and better experience online.

I like the mechanics of dash blocking though. I hate trying to advance in games like Blazblue and Street fighter in comparison to MK9 lol.

I love the block button. it feels more natural to ME!!! but this is coming from a SSBM competitive player.

I'm so glad we have peeps that know shit like this. Now as I stated before y'all figure this out and I'll get the characters for you all to debate over.

cough"Nightwing"cough :laugh:

First one Amazo

Amazo: think of him as Dc's shang tsung.
- He has every power from the JLA
- He has the same weaknesses as human
- He is an android
- He alone is very strong physically and is a smart without using his mimic abilities.

I could see him playing like shang (a mimic type character). Though I don't know how hard it would be to get him to say File open superman or file access attack heat vision, every time he uses a new power or if that is even possible to get him like that and not be considered Op.

discuss my smart peeps. lol

Last edited:
Well, for each morph he has to spend a bar or either he could have a move similar to Shang's soul steal in MK9 where he only copies the characters move he's fighting, but only for a limited time (About 15 secs and 25 for EX)

Something i'd like to see would be something that takes all of your meter and a bit of your health that destroys all stage objects on the stage. Could be interesting seeing it in play and it'd add a deeper layer of health management into the game. Taking your health would be so you don't just use it when you get meter, so it needs thought and analysis of the situation that you're in.

All of your meter to activate an environmental object? I don't like it. Though I would like to see some of the meter come into play with the environment. Have it cost 1 bar to knock a guy into the other ring of an arena.

No, no, no. I meant a move that destroys all stage objects. You wouldn't have to use the objects, just all the environmental stuff lthat has finite usuages would be destroyed.