Killing off Scorpion

Kill Scorpion?

• Total voters
It's discussions like this is why I love MK! Lot of good points being made.

Even his clan and family were restored somehow, he could still have a bit of rage. I could see him not trusting anyone after all that's happened and in turn gaining more power and, while not having control, have a greater influence on those around him. It really could go either way, he could become boring and be at peace once and for all, or become a sleeping giant that you REALLY don't wanna mess with.

Damn all good points from everybody.

Before I vote I need an answer. How come Scorpion doesn't fight Noob? aka Bi-Han.
Does he not know or what.

Atm no due to him and noob currently being under Quan chis control but only time will tell maybe scorpion finds out after he's freed or maybe scorpion saves Quan chi from Noob and Quan chi tells scorpion and that sparks their rivalry. There are so many ways it could happen that there is a good possibility that it's not going to.

@xiphi~
I know right I for one like scorpion borrowing from Kratos and gow2 we all know he has borrowed alot from him. :)

Last edited:
Pretty sure Scorpion came before Kratos.

I know. I was taking about this.

Liu Kang93 said:
With everyone down and about to be killed Scorpion has a dream of both his wife and son. They are in a wonderful peaceful place wearing white clothing. His wife tells him that he must not give up that he should continue fighting for both his family and clan.

That part of kangs story is a lot like the part in gow2 when kratos found out Zeus destroyed sparta and killed all it's citizens. So he gave up and was about to be crushed by thr cracken when he had a vision of sparta burning and lysandra and she tells kratos not to give up and that victory favors him.

Kill him. Him and Sub. Their rivalry is getting really damn tired. Almost every game is the same thing. We need someone else to take the 'you killed my people/ you killed me' rivalry thing. Yeah sure, Scorpion said 'get over here' and it's Mk's catchphrase. But as a long time fan, I can let him go. Easily. I've had enough Scorpion. Get rid of him.

Er, no, you said this:

@xiphi~
I know right I for one like scorpion borrowing from Kratos and gow2 we all know he has borrowed alot from him. :)

Let me just make sure it is clear:

@xiphi~

You weren't even talking about Kang's post.

I know. I was taking about this.

That part of kangs story is a lot like the part in gow2 when kratos found out Zeus destroyed sparta and killed all it's citizens. So he gave up and was about to be crushed by thr cracken when he had a vision of sparta burning and lysandra and she tells kratos not to give up and that victory favors him.
That was just an idea lol, its not canon.

Er, no, you said this:

Let me just make sure it is clear:

[/SIZE]

You weren't even talking about Kang's post.

ugh really jade......

That was just an idea lol, its not canon.

I know I really need to start being more clear and quoting shit before I talk. lol getting annoying having to explain everything I think it would be be for the best.

Last edited:
Scorpion's value to the MK franchise was tested in MK3 when he was excluded...needless to say, there's a reason he came back for UMK3

Meh, but that was over ten years ago. Surely the MK fanbase can't be that whiny and unable to get over a certain character by now.. Right? Eh, who am I kidding. As much as I want to see the bastard get killed off in a blaze of glory, taking him and Quan Chi and maybe Noob with him.. He won't. I'm putting this out there though.. Mk can stand on it's own dammit. It does not need two old played out characters to survive. Imo, if anything, they need to explore new territory

ugh really jade......

Yeah, really.

Once again, you contradict what you say.

I ain't gonna get in to this again. I think one day of ownage is enough, lol.

But, seriously....your post had NOTHING to do with anything other than the post you CLEARLY referred to. You responded to someone else, man, just....I am just gonna stop here and move along. I don't get why you can't ever just admit you messed up.

Anyway....

The majority of the characters don't do anything to move the plot along. For all the talk about the storyline's merits, it is plagued by an overuse of retcons and nothing meaningful being resolved.

Character roster in fighting games primarily revolve around fan popularity and adding variety. Removing Scorpion, arguably one of the better-known characters in the series, will only serve to tick off fanboys than anything else.

Last edited:
Yeah, really.

Once again, you contradict what you say.

I ain't gonna get in to this again. I think one day of ownage is enough, lol.

But, seriously....your post had NOTHING to do with anything other than the post you CLEARLY referred to. You responded to someone else, man, just....I am just gonna stop here and move along. I don't get why you can't ever just admit you messed up.

Anyway....

Maybe I need to be more clear but I was talking about that post guess not everyone drew the same parallel I did. I'm not contradicting myself I wasn't completely clear in what I was referencing.

Meh, but that was over ten years ago. Surely the MK fanbase can't be that whiny and unable to get over a certain character by now.. Right? Eh, who am I kidding. As much as I want to see the bastard get killed off in a blaze of glory, taking him and Quan Chi and maybe Noob with him.. He won't. I'm putting this out there though.. Mk can stand on it's own dammit. It does not need two old played out characters to survive. Imo, if anything, they need to explore new territory

This exactly. A MK game can do well without Scorpion and Sub-Zero and people who can't look past that aren't really true MK fans. There is a lot more to MK than just a rivalry between a yellow and blue Ninja, there are other areas with more potential to be explored.

There's other realms that haven't truly been explored either. I mean outside of Deception's konquest mode. I'd like to see more warriors from somewhere like Chaos or Order realm.

They can explore new territory all they want to, but understand that there are traditions that STILL must be maintained; among those traditions is the inclusion of Scorpion AND Sub-Zero! They are the Ryu and Ken of MK, and have been since 1992!

Even going further than that, I would like to see all of the realms explored more in future MK games

The limited knowledge we have about the realms from Deception's Konquest has whetted my appetite for more info on the realms

I've always liked how Seido is kind of like a dystopian society and also I like how water is worshipped is Chaosrealm

They can explore new territory all they want to, but understand that there are traditions that STILL must be maintained; among those traditions is the inclusion of Scorpion AND Sub-Zero! They are the Ryu and Ken of MK, and have been since 1992!

pfft. Man, not even. Traditions to who? You? And imo ryu and ken are boring. Streetfighter could do without them too.

EDIT: Regardless, this is all hypothetical. I know they're not goin' anywhere. But I'd like them to.

To even suggest the removal of franchise characters is taboo! This topic has no business even being discussed! Let me put this in terms that a 5-year-old would understand!

No Scorpion = no Mortal Kombat! There, end of discussion! Someone delete this damn thread so that we can have no evidence of its mere existence! This thread is heresy!

To even suggest the removal of franchise characters is taboo! This topic has no business even being discussed! Let me put this in terms that a 5-year-old would understand!

No Scorpion = no Mortal Kombat! There, end of discussion! Someone delete this damn thread so that we can have no evidence of its mere existence! This thread is heresy!

Dude.. You're kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding. It's funny that you bring up 5 year olds. You sure are acting like one.
'