Killing off Scorpion

Kill Scorpion?

• Total voters

BBBLP

Robot Rock
How would you guys feel if Scorpion was killed off and wasn't brought back for a number of games (if at all)?

Lets pretend for a moment that he isn't the posterboy and that he isn't Boon's favorite.
Scorpion doesn't really have any ties to any other character. Quan Chi & Sub-Zero, thats it.
Quan & Subs have had other rivals/allies/story elements around them.
Scorpion has always been about 2 characters.

I really feel as if killing Scorpion is the best way to advance with MK's story.
Sub-Zero can focus on finding his brother, Quan Chi can focus on his rivalry with Shang Tsung who in turn leaves Liu Kang open for a new story of his own. Its just better imo.

And I don't mean kill him off in some lame South Park sudden Kenny death fashion.
He can go out in a bang at the end of MKX or something.

I like Scorp he is my 2nd fave tie with subby. I wouldnt mind seeing as Im a bigger Kang fan, but If Scorpion was killed off his fan base would probably start WW3 or something like that.

but If Scorpion was killed off his fan base would probably start WW3 or something like that.

I know this, and I am trying to avoid this.
I don't want the 12 year olds flocking here proclaiming their love of the flame-dick.

I desire, no, crave, thought out posts on the matter.
Because I am shallow.

he could take a break I guess, but getting rid of him forever? Nah man. He's not my favorite or anything, but everyone knows thats just a dumb idea.

But people are agruing if MK10 should remove some characters, and if NRS were to do that, I think Scorpion should be one of the characters that is left out.

If Scorpion (Hanzo) was to die forever I want it to go in this fashion.

Setting:Mk10 Earthrealm

The good guys consist of both ER and OW warriors.

The Bad guys consist of Shinnok, Quan-Chi, and the Brotherhood of shadows

While some of the ER and OW warriors fight the BHOS 4 warriors confront both OP Shinnok and OP quan chi.

The Thunder God Raiden and the newly Resurrected Liu Kang vs Shinnok

The former wraith turned Lin kuei again Subzero (Bi Han) and Scorpion (after finding out what Quan Chi did to his clan) vs Quan chi

After a long battle both Ouan chi and Shinnok are cornered. Ouan Chi seeing no other way reveals he had the real amulet, betrays and absorbs Shinnoks powers, and starts beating the hell out of the heros. With everyone down and about to be killed Scorpion has a dream of both his wife and son. They are in a wonderful peaceful place wearing white clothing. His wife tells him that he must not give up that he should continue fighting for both his family and clan. After Raiden is killed Quan chi turns to Sub-Zero to FINISH-HIM. With a new will to fight Scorpion gets up stuns quan chi and saves SubZero. Now it is one final battle Scorpion vs Quan Chi. After a heated battle Quan Chi decides that if he is not able to take over the Earthrealm and outword he will destroy it. Quan chi starts to recite a spell destroys everything. Scorpion sees only one way to win he must teleport Quan chi to the neatherealm this plan however will also result with Scorpions death. Liu Kang and SubZero were able to destroy the protective barrier around Quan chi. Right when Quan Chi finishes the spell Scorpion throws his spear and yells once more GET OVER HERE!!!!! he then grabs Quan Chi and teleports him to the neatherrealm where it, Scorpion, and Quan chi are destroyed.

After the battle Both Earthrealm and Outworld become close allies.The warriors of Outworld return back home with their new queen Mileena, Fujin is the new protector of Earthrealm, Kitana decides to remain with Liu Kang in Earthrealm. Kitana wishes for Jade to become the new Princess of Edenia and rule with Sindel.

Since Scorpion gave his life to protect Earthrealm The Elder Gods Reunited now Hanzo with his family and clan in a new peaceful realm opposite of the neatherrealm.

The Final scene shows Hanzo and his family in the sky looking over Earthrealm.

Thats how I would like Scorpion to go.

Last edited:
This thread makes me wonder what the backlash was when he wasn't in MK3. Oddly enough, I didn't complain, and he was my favorite during that time. At the age of 13, I was having too much fun back then. Then again, Smoke kinda took his place at the time.

It kinda comes down to whose story ark you like more I guess. For me, scorpions rivalry with sub is my favorite. I feel like characters like shang tsung can be written off though cause there's really no point when you have two other sorcerers that are a lot more badass. And after this game I would like to see a real feud between raiden and kang. There's ways to easily further the story in different ways without getting rid of him and we all know that will never happen anyway.

I voted "No, we need him" at first, but after some thought...

Yes, I'd love to see him go out with a bang as long as his story is resolved completely. As in, he gets to live peacefully with his family, he makes amends with Sub-Zero, and he gets revenge on Quan Chi finally. I think I've established this before, but I'm VERY tired of seeing Scorpion, Baraka and Reptile constantly being pawns of the major villains. Their stories aren't really going anywhere, so things need to be shaken up, IMO

Scorpion needs to stay. You cannot kill what is already dead. Hes the mascot of MK. He has the iconic catchphrase. I dont care what anyone says but he has one of the best stories and is fleshed out great compared to other characters. I wouldnt care if they ended him in the story, but to remove him from play totally is utterly retarded. Its a fighting game, the story mode is a welcome bonus.

How would you guys feel if Scorpion was killed off and wasn't brought back for a number of games (if at all)?

Lets pretend for a moment that he isn't the posterboy and that he isn't Boon's favorite.
Scorpion doesn't really have any ties to any other character. Quan Chi & Sub-Zero, thats it.
Quan & Subs have had other rivals/allies/story elements around them.
Scorpion has always been about 2 characters.

Eh .... You can't just say "Lets pretend for a moment that he isn't the posterboy and that he isn't Boon's favorite," when you're essetially speaking of killing off what is the Ken or Ryu in the MK franchise.
Do you remember the great shit-storm of 1995, when MK3 came out with no Scorpion?
Well, I do.
Sure people were lined up for MK3 in arcades, but not as many as when UMK3 came out.
Midway quickly realized their mistake and relesed UMK3 as a patch for some characters that were unbalanced, and brought back Scorpion.

Lol, that's the point, Araknyd

We know that Scorpion is one of the faces of MK and that he'll never seriously stand a chance of getting the boot

But there's nothing wrong with just entertaining the idea

Looks like they already killed of Sub-Zero, why not Scorpion? I'm not sure what he could do, besides rebel against Quan-Chi.

Eh .... You can't just say "Lets pretend for a moment that he isn't the posterboy and that he isn't Boon's favorite," when you're essetially speaking of killing off what is the Ken or Ryu in the MK franchise.
Do you remember the great shit-storm of 1995, when MK3 came out with no Scorpion?
Well, I do.
Sure people were lined up for MK3 in arcades, but not as many as when UMK3 came out.
Midway quickly realized their mistake and relesed UMK3 as a patch for some characters that were unbalanced, and brought back Scorpion.

Yes, actually I can just say that because its a hypothetical question and scenario.
I said that in fact to avoid responses like these.

So many "We need him" votes.
I am disappointed.

I honestly think they shouldn't kill him off. I don't even like him that much. NRS just needs to give him a better part in the story this time around. Especially since the Netherrealm will be waging war, Scorpion will be like a leading general of Shinnok's army.

I feel as if Scorpion has had his chance story-wise more than enough times and he has failed on every occasion with the only exception I see being in MK9 when he wasn't going to kill Bi Han. Sure he has a pretty cool revenge story, but this asshole has been trying to get revenge for 20 goddam years. Its time to retire this guy, at least for now.

Even though he is considered as the poster boy of MK, he has got one of the most depressing stories.

-killed by Bi Han in his former life.
-defeated by Bi Han twice after he got resurrected as scorpion
-manipulated by Quan Chi into serving him
-defeated by Quan Chi after he escaped the Netherealm when Scorpion pursued him
-defeated by Moloch and drahmin and got thrown into the soulnado
-manipulated by the Eldar Gods into doing their bidding
-defeated by Shujinko when he stopped him from placing the Kamidogu
-defeated by Taven when he prevented him from reaching the pyramid of argus.

This guy's story has been the same throughout, he has just been getting manipulated and defeated over and over again, there is hardly any development or progress. If is wasn't for the fact he was a fan favorite he should have been killed off if they were just going to repeat his story over and over again without him even exacting his revenge.

Then Sektor should go too while we're at it.

Hell the only REAL people here that are of any significance to the MAIN story is a handful of people.

A scorpion that isn't angry and trying to resurrect his family/clan is a brand new scorpion.

So I think NRS is facing a trap here because even if you just "give him a new story" You still kill scorpion and what he "was"

I'm down for anything really, But personally I'd rather not see him go. He gives me the best "hype" vibes and he isn't even my favorite character. He's got the

Bad ass aura
Deception
Still feels empty even after a subzero defeat. (Because revenge never really solves your problems)

he's got the key stones for a good story, the producers are just scared to solve it, because a solved scorpion story where he moves on and either alliances himself with earthrealm or w/e he does. Still means the "death" to his "main character"

Cuz I mean Hanzo as the scorpion when he was alive, isn't nearly the same vibe/aura you get from Scorpion looking for revenge.

NOBODY ELSE in the ENTIRE Mortal Kombat cast, runs on my emotions like that. NO one. And Scorpion isn't even my favorite character. My favorite characters are my favorite for shallow reasons.