Killing off Scorpion

Kill Scorpion?

• Total voters
I'm not gonna cry if they kill him off, I just don't think doing so has any real merit. While we have other people more boring and more unrelated to the main story.

Once you kill one character off permanently especially a giant like Scorpion, you open a can of worms for you other favorites to just die.

If a trend like this keeps up, you won't have any originals left after a couple of games. And then your rolling the dice that they will grow on me like the originals, that i spent like half of my life around.

It's like living with a brother for 18 years then all of a sudden he's no longer around. It just doesn't feel right.

Sometimes you don't need a blog or a million word explanation with supporting evidence to enjoy something. The fact that he's a side character and has the most hype behind him gotta mean something.

His story of him losing his family has been told to me like 1,000 times, and I still enjoyed watching scorpion and subzeros little legacy vid. Maybe you're worn out, but I'm not.

It's like the message of freedom. No matter how many times I hear the same lines over and over, it sounds good everytime.

I know MK is alot more than scorpion. But him not being in many games straight will start to feel funny.

If Jade is killed off permanently, I'd be annoyed, but it wouldn't affect me like it affects me if Scorpion were to be eliminated. And Scorpion again is not even my favorite character. I have like a top 10 then maybe scorpion.

Flying Jinko/ Critical-Limit- That is the most impressive conversation/ argument I've seen on here. Very informative very nice you guys I need to learn to argue like that. :)

Well me and Jinko generally agree on almost everything else. So you don't see us argue much at all. I think we had a little scruffle in the religion thread at some point and here. And he corrected my math once. That's the amount of times we debate. Usually we're on the same team lol.

Last edited:
If MK doesn't revolve around Scorpion, then why is his silhouette on NRS's logo?
I hate to bump up an old thread, but this horseshit pisses me off especially since somebody thanked it so I must unfortunately comment on this just to set the record straight

Scorpion is the mascot of NRS' flagship franchise, it's pretty safe to assume that's why his silhouette is on NRS' logo (and he's also Eyebrows' favorite MK character). And no, being the mascot of the series doesn't mean that he's the main character or even a main character. Scorpion's story really only revolves around himself and a few others like Sub-Zero and Quan Chi; he has his own vendetta and motives which are, for the most part, independent from the main storyline of MK. He's just the most popular. I suppose Pikachu is a main character just because it's the mascot of Pokemon, right? It's not the Pokemon Trainer at all, RIGHT?!

Try harder next time please kthnxbai

Last edited:
Once you kill one character off permanently especially a giant like Scorpion, you open a can of worms for you other favorites to just die.

If a trend like this keeps up, you won't have any originals left after a couple of games. And then your rolling the dice that they will grow on me like the originals, that i spent like half of my life around.

It's like living with a brother for 18 years then all of a sudden he's no longer around. It just doesn't feel right.

Sometimes you don't need a blog or a million word explanation with supporting evidence to enjoy something. The fact that he's a side character and has the most hype behind him gotta mean something.

His story of him losing his family has been told to me like 1,000 times, and I still enjoyed watching scorpion and subzeros little legacy vid. Maybe you're worn out, but I'm not.
^^
This. EXACTLY!
Wow!
I could not have expressed this better, myself.

Interesting idea and I'd love to see it put through, but then again he is Boon's favorite and it's highly unlikely.

In the future maybe. But the series just got a reboot. It's way too soon to kill off the face of Mortal Kombat. Maybe two or three games from now... But I feel as though so long as MK lives, so too does Scorpion.

Well my opinion is that killing him would turn the game a little bit bored :( , i think that he should have his journey like sub zero did but with the objective to revive his clan and family. Then he could come back with a diferent story...but he cant ally with sub zero, if he did that he would need to take his yellow clothes, and we dont want that. (Note that the yellow clothes are used to show hate and death to another clan, in this one, sub zero's one...thats what i got in mind, hope you understand guys)

I will ask Katsuhiro Harada to kill King and Armor king...See, nobody want their favourite characters killed, this is not soul calibur ;)

I don't know why, but the mentioning of the fire and ice gave me an idea. Say, they make the sub-zero/scorpion game canon, and kill the two off, or give them a series of their own, and make them unlockables in the Mk games. Kinda stupid, but still.

They really shouldn't kill off the principal characters -i.e. those who have other characters exist ONLY becuase they exist, those should be expendable to an extent.

I think MK9 was bad enough about killing heroes. As a plot device, hero death is a well beaten dead horse, it's been done over and over again ever since Superman had his kryptonite overdose. Sure, it was shocking back in 1989, but it's not shocking in 2012, every single comic book character has died at least once since then. So, as a storytelling device, it's feet are in the grave. deaths of major characters are almost an annoyance now.

And that's why it doesn't break my heart at all that my girl is in hell, I know she'll be back. Death in games, comics and movies can be either retconned or lead to faked deaths or resurrections in sequels, unlike real life, where death can leave a gaping void in the lives of friends and family of the deceased.

Wait the only time superman died was in the death of superman where he was killed by doomsday. So I don't know where you got the kryptonite overdose from? And if you're talking about all star superman where he turned into energy. He didn't really die. He turned into an energy being.

Last edited:
Wait the only time superman died was in the death of superman where he was killed by doomsday. So I don't know where you got the kryptonite overdose from? And if you're talking about all star superman where he turned into energy. He didn't really die. He turned into an energy being.

I meant that as sarcasm.