2 new Castlevania games

Oh man, this is seriously awesome.

Its going to show the story from both sides!
LoS2 from Gabriel's view & LoS Mirrors from the Belmont's view!

Loving the route they are going with this story. But does this intro happen before the first Lords of Shadow of after? Also doesn't Gabriel destroy his combat cross weapon? More questions lol but yea I can't wait for both these games.

Edit: As for the first question I think the intro takes place before the first LoS as it shows an old man (zobek?) asking Marie to protect her child from Gabriel.

Holy shit I was right again. I knew Gabriel had a kid so that means the belmonts and dracula are related. So does this mean the guy in los 2's trailer is trevor then?

Holy shit I was right again. I knew Gabriel had a kid so that means the belmonts and dracula are related. So does this mean the guy in los 2's trailer is trevor then?

Yea, Trevor Belmont is Gabriel's and Marie's son. But Gabriel started on his quest after Marie died in LoS 1 that too to kill the lords of shadows but this intro says he was going to a castle? I haven't played the LoS DLC but maybe the castle was the residing place of The Forgotten One? Maybe thats why Gabriel didn't return since he may be trying to get back his mortality.

Other theories include Trevor going after his father to avenge his mother and Simon being Trevor's father and not Gabriel.

Eitherways the one at the LoS ending could be Trevor or Simon (the two confirmed characters in Mirror of Fate) or the other two playable characters who are yet to be revealed. My guess is Alucard may be a seperate character since he is the only one who carries a sword whereas Trevor carries a combat cross and Simon wields a killer whip.

Im also very eager to know Simon's relationship with Trevor this time round, in the old timeline, Simon was Trevor's great grandson.

From the official castlevania site

Story

Castlevania
Initially set 25 years after the events of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Mirror of Fate will reveal the story of Gabriel’s ancestors, as they battle their own destiny in each era only to discover their true, shocking fate.

Trevor Belmont, a knight of the Brotherhood of Light, sets out to avenge the death of his mother, at the hands of his own father, who has now returned from years of exile to take up residence in a mysterious castle. What was once Gabriel Belmont is now a powerful vampire called Dracula. Dracula has declared war upon the Brotherhood and thus the scene is set for a cataclysmic showdown between father and son!

Trevor back story

Trevor Belmont
Born 1046/Age – 27
Trevor Belmont is the son of Gabriel and Marie Belmont. He was conceived prior to the events of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, in the year of our Lord 1046, during one of Gabriel’s many long sojourns on behalf of the Brotherhood of Light and its fight against evil.

Pan and the elders of the Brotherhood believed Gabriel to be the chosen one who would one day ultimately defeat the Lords of Shadow and redeem mankind, but they also foresaw dark omens ahead. The world would be saved, although a heavy price would be exacted on all.

Pan believed that there was a possibility Gabriel himself might fall into darkness. More importantly, he saw terrible visions, portents leading to a dreadful fate for Marie and her newly born child. He therefore persuaded Marie to keep her child a secret from his father until Gabriel’s quest was done, and in this single act he saved the child from certain death. Marie, however, was not so fortunate.

After the death of his wife, Gabriel set forth on his quest to defeat the Lords of Shadow, unaware that he had a son by her. Oblivious to his fate, Trevor was raised by the Brotherhood to be a warrior like his father before him, and the secret of his birth and his lineage was kept from him until manhood. He proved to be a skilled warrior, and had inherited his father’s deep mastery of combat.

Evil begets evil, or so it is said. The elders saw in Trevor the final hope for redemption. A way to strike a blow against the dark forces now inhabiting the old Bernhard castle, an evil of their own making.

Therefore, Trevor was informed of his true lineage, the fate of his mother, and the true identity of her murderer, his own father; and so he sets off to the castle to seek revenge.

Trevor Belmont seeks to clear the stain upon his family name, to seek justice for his mother, and to face his father in single combat. However, like his father before him, events will conspire against him and fate has one more hand to play.

Simon back story

Simon Belmont
Born 1067/Age – 36
At the age of six, Simon’s parents were murdered by the forces of Dracula, and Simon was lucky to escape with his own life. Lost and alone, he was found in the forest by some of the mountain people. Simon was taken in and raised amongst them.

Simon never forgot what had happened to his parents and vowed to deliver vengeance one day upon those responsible. He trained hard and was extremely gifted in combat, yet life was hard for young Simon growing up. Always an outcast amongst the tribe, he developed a strong will and stubborn attitude that would always boil over into rage, and men soon came to fear him and his prowess in the arts of war.

He fiercely protected a fragment of mirror given to him by his father and always wore it around his neck for safekeeping.

Many years passed, yet the rage and yearning for revenge never left his heart. So one day he left the relative safety of the mountains and headed towards the land of his birth, to seek out the one they call the Dragon, to meet him face to face, and destroy him forever, little knowing that the curse of his family name would lead him into darkness and a terrible truth.

Do I know how to speculate or What? I'm on my shit with this I couldn't be happier. =)

Some really awesome theories I read at a castlevania forum, things make a lot of sense too.

There are two sarcophagus that Gabriel passes by in the trailer. One is decorated and Gabriel touches it as he walks by, the other one by the mirror is plain and Gabriel just looks at it like he wants nothing to do with what's inside.

My theory is that the decorated sarcophagus belongs to his second wife and mother to Alucard and the non decorated one is Marie and his lack of attention to it means that he's past mourning her and finally moved on. However he still care's about her enough to have her tomb in his castle. Now why is the first tomb decorated? It's might be because his second wife's death may have been recent (well recent during his time as Dracula) and is in now in the process of mourning her now the best way he can, by slaughtering the humans that may have been responsable for her death. Even though it may have happened centuries ago.

I would like to add to this by saying it could even be the other way around, with Marie's being the decorated one and the other one being even Laura from LoS1.

Wacky speculation mode:

The white wolf is Amaterasu and is also Dracula's second wife and you will be able to sick her at enemies as a wolf or transform into a falcon and retrieve far way items from hard to reach spots. And she will alert you if any enemies are around. She will also be able to transform into her true form and wipe out the enemies around you similar to the demon in LOS1.

Also official concept art for Trevor and Simon.

trevor-01.jpg

simon-01.jpg

Cox's yes, no, maybe session on twitter.

-Any sign of LoS2 for a Wii U release?
No.

-Will LoS2 expand on the DLC of LoS? Maybe change more cinematically than with drawings?
Yes!

-LoS2 gameplay footage anytime soon?
No.

-Will there be multiplayer for LoS2
No.

-''Mirror's of fate will reveal the story of Gabriel's ancestors'' shouldn't it say descendants instead?
Maybe.

-Will there be more than one playable character in LoS?
Maybe.

-Will Dracula travel to different locations outside the castle?
Yes.

-Will Mirrors of fate launch before 2012 holidays?
Maybe.

-Are we getting classic castlevania songs remixed for any of the new games?
Yes.

-Will the Renard and Lecarde clans be playable in mirrors of fate?
No.

-Is Richard Madden playing Trevor's voice?
Maybe.

-Zobek returning? Will there be a special release of LoS2 and Mirrors of Fate?
Yes.

-Will LoS2 be as long as the previos games and are we playing from Gabriel's perspective?
Yes.

-Is Gabriel the only playable character in LoS2 or we'll have a chance of something like Lok:defiance with two protagonists?
Maybe.

-Will Patrick Stewart's enthralling 'I'm sitting by a fire drinking scotch naked' voice return?
Maybe.

-Will LoS2 come out in 2013?
Maybe.

-Will we see Simon or Trevor in LoS?
Maybe.

-Are Trevor and that Alucard-like guy in the trailer the same person?
No.

-With Gabriel being filled with darkness, can we expect his skills to still use light magic?
No.

-Is blood sucking a major part for Gabriel in LoS2?
Maybe.

-Will we see the use of hearts for use of relics such as knives and holy water?
Yes.

-Gabriel will have whip skill?
Yes.

-Boss battle with Slogra?
No.

-Classic boss fights reinterpreted by Mercury S?
Yes.

-If Alucard is in the game and Alucard is Dracula's son, does that mean Trevor=Alucard?
No.

More News

-Alucard was revealed in an extended trailer for Mirror of Fate and he very much looks like an undead Trevor. Ill post the video when its available on youtube.

-Sypha was revealed to be Trevor's wife by Cox via twitter. She was a sorceress and a playable character in the original story, having fire, ice and thunder powers.

-Out of the four playable characters in Mirror of fate, 3 are Belmonts and One is a 'fan favorite'.

EDIT: Here is the revealed picture of Alucard and in the extended trailer for Mirror of fate he says something along the lines of ''Fate has given me a second chance......father'' in Trevor's voice. I think we can reasonably conclude that Alucard was the one facing Gabriel at the end of the LoS2 trailer, based on this picture.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...in-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-mirror-of-fate

Last edited:
It is Alucard in the trailer.

I usually hate when they avoid questions about a game during an interview, but with this I don't want to know anything about the story until I can play it myself. These guys handled the interview perfectly.

Last edited:
It looks like a 64 game. :) I love the 64. :) can't wait.
It looks like my castlevania wet dream. Gonna get a 3DS, theres more reason for me to get on now than the one reason I had for a vita plus the fact Sony seems to have forgotten it exists at E3 lol

I have a vita as well. :) I wonder if they have by chance thought of putting LoS 2 on it? probably not. :(

I saw Lords of Shadow at the store today for 20 bucks. I have a 25 dollar gift card and was wondering if I should pick it up.